PDA

View Full Version : White Sox by far healthiest team of last 9 seasons

MtGrnwdSoxFan
03-15-2011, 04:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=6217004

3,134 total days on DL for Sox players. The next-lowest, the Minnesota Twins, had 6,291. :o:

:clap: to Herm Schneider and the rest of the Sox training and conditioning staff for their hard work and expertise.

gregoriop
03-15-2011, 04:11 PM
That's insane! Everyone knows Herm does a great job but he's on another level.

Now we have The Sodfather and The Bodfather!

PaleHoser
03-15-2011, 04:26 PM
:clap: To herm schneider and the rest of the sox training and conditioning staff for their hard work and expertise.

+1

JermaineDye05
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm going to knock on wood now.

tebman
03-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Now we have The Sodfather and The Bodfather!

:kneeslap:
Well put!

Lip Man 1
03-15-2011, 05:17 PM
It also shows you how just a few injuries to key players can derail a season. The Sox have been blessed the last decade but that didn't help them in 2001 and 2004.

It doesn't take many when they happen.

Lip

Ron Karkovice
03-15-2011, 05:28 PM

That's what she said

MtGrnwdSoxFan
03-15-2011, 06:00 PM

Just make sure you don't give him any "elbow tightness" while doing so...the Cubs wouldn't like that too much.

Ironically, the extensive DL trips have been the "knock on Wood" for most of his career.

OK, I'm done.

spawn
03-15-2011, 06:02 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/images/04/16/wood_clicks.jpg
Why are you bringing me up in a thread about staying healthy?

DumpJerry
03-15-2011, 06:22 PM
According to Kerry Wood, we were thisclose to signing him until the ghost of Ron Santo told him to take less money from the Cubs.

Divine intervention!

thomas35forever
03-15-2011, 08:13 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/images/04/16/wood_clicks.jpg
Why are you bringing me up in a thread about staying healthy?
What are you talking about? Urinating anywhere is absolutely healthy.

Thome25
03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
To the OP: Thanks for jinxing them....I wonder which key player will get injured now?:scratch:

Just like not talking to the pitcher during a no hitter, you don't talk about injuries like this. :talktothehand:

I hope I'm just being overly superstitious and I end up being wrong.:praying:

Rohan
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
To the OP: Thanks for jinxing them....I wonder which key player will get injured now?:scratch:

Just like not talking to the pitcher during a no hitter, you don't talk about injuries like this. :talktothehand:

Regardless of what happens this season, you're wrong...

Frater Perdurabo
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
What are you talking about? Urinating anywhere is absolutely healthy.

Especially on Moises Alou's hands.

soltrain21
03-15-2011, 09:06 PM

Jinxes and curses are for losers.

delben91
03-15-2011, 09:12 PM

Probably the entire 25 man rosters in Chicago, Charlotte and Birmingham. Minimum.

GoSox2K3
03-15-2011, 09:48 PM
So, let me get this straight: the heaviest team (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126193) in MLB was also the healthiest. :thinking: Don't shrug this off to mere coincidence!

veeter
03-16-2011, 08:50 AM
JR is no dummy. He buys the Sox, then goes out and gets the best trainer. He must have recognized where salaries were going and wanted to protect his investments. Now let's get him another championship.

GoSox2K3
03-16-2011, 09:13 AM
JR is no dummy. He buys the Sox, then goes out and gets the best trainer. He must have recognized where salaries were going and wanted to protect his investments. Now let's get him another championship.

Herm Schneider was already the White Sox trainer when JR bought the team. He's been their head trainer since 1979.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Herm_Schneider

spawn
03-16-2011, 09:18 AM

The OP didn't write the article. He only posted it.

Thome25
03-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Jinxes and curses are for losers.

While I agree....and I'll add that jinxes are an extremely irrational idea. Sports players and particularly baseball players tend to be an extremely superstitious bunch.

You could merely chalk a curse or jinx up to a coincidence. But, there sure are alot of them.

For example, in an NFL game when a stat is flashed across the screen that "Player X hasn't missed a field goal of X amount of yards in X number of tries" and then he misses it, you could say he at least had a 50-50 shot to miss it anyway.

Same goes for a ballgame when they do the same stat flash saying "X player hasn't struck out with WRISP in X amount of at-bats" and then BAM! he strikes out.

Then there's players such as Brian Urlacher who before the 2009 season had back surgery and declares that "he's in the best shape of his career.....and has never felt better" and then injures his thumb in the first game of the year and is out for the season.

Then there's these guys:

The Madden Jinx (http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-madden-curse/)

Were any of the examples above because of a jinx or curse? Probably not. Is there such thing as a jinx or a curse? Probably not. It's something people do to explain the irony of sports and the coincidences that happen in them.

I just hope this thread and the article in the OP's link doesn't become one of those ironic moments.

MISoxfan
03-16-2011, 12:37 PM
There is no "probably not" about it. Curses and jinxes do not exist.