PDA

View Full Version : Directv MLB Extra innings

Chicken Dinner
03-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Well, the baseball package on DTV went up again. They want 6 payments of $34.99 for a total of $209.94. So I called them up and asked what they could do for me. Knocked $10 bucks a month off the monthly payment saving $60 bucks off of the sticker price. If you have DTV EI package, give them a call.

Dub25
03-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Well, the baseball package on DTV went up again. They want 6 payments of $34.99 for a total of $209.94. So I called them up and asked what they could do for me. Knocked $10 bucks a month off the monthly payment saving $60 bucks off of the sticker price. If you have DTV EI package, give them a call.

Did you have it last year? If so, I guess I better pay attention to my bill since I've had it for 5 years and it is discounted for returning subscribers.

cws05champ
03-15-2011, 07:35 AM
I have had Directv Extra inning for the last 5-6 years as well. They better be careful, since you can now get MLBtv premium for $119/year for basically the same thing with extra features.

Fenway
03-15-2011, 07:49 AM
I have had Directv Extra inning for the last 5-6 years as well. They better be careful, since you can now get MLBtv premium for $119/year for basically the same thing with extra features.

MLB gets the same revenue from both - Extra Innings is higher as inDemand (Don King and friends) gets half of the money - internet MLB keeps it all.

Hitmen77
03-15-2011, 08:09 AM

I was actually going to ask what people thought of MLB.tv vs. Extra Innings. It sounds like, if you have the right device (Sony PS3, Roku, some Samsung blu ray players), you can stream this to your TV just as is done with Netflix on some devices.

How is the picture quality of MLB.tv streamed to a HDTV? Is it HD quality? Also, do they offer both home and away broadcasts just like Gameday audio does? Can you record (DVR) games or are they archived in any way?

ewokpelts
03-15-2011, 08:27 AM
btw, extra innings FREE PREVIEW 3/30-4/10.

And if you have it on directv, you can watch the games on the RSNs instead of just the extra innings channels.

Chicken Dinner
03-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Did you have it last year? If so, I guess I better pay attention to my bill since I've had it for 5 years and it is discounted for returning subscribers.

Yes I did. If you don't call, they will start billing you full price!

Fenway
03-15-2011, 09:56 AM
btw, extra innings FREE PREVIEW 3/30-4/10.

And if you have it on directv, you can watch the games on the RSNs instead of just the extra innings channels.

IF you have the sportspack

Chicken Dinner
03-15-2011, 09:58 AM

Sports pack is like 12 bucks a month. Worth it if you like pre and post game shows.

Fenway
03-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Sports pack is like 12 bucks a month. Worth it if you like pre and post game shows.

Plus it unlocks the RSN during a game if you paid for EI - so you can always get the feed you want.

ewokpelts
03-15-2011, 10:35 AM
IF you have the sportspacki dont, but the games(no pre/post) show up on my RSNs

mmmmmbeeer
03-15-2011, 03:29 PM
I tried your strategy and failed miserably. I'm saving $6 by renewing vs. being a new early-bird subscriber. I'm seriously considering going to mlb.tv....I don't see how Extra Innings gives me any additional benefit for costing $80 more. BTW, if anyone else is in my boat, you have to cancel with DirecTV by 3/31.

CLR01
03-15-2011, 04:33 PM

Is that new to this year? I had EI through directv the last 3 years and I always was albe to wach the games on th RSN's if I wanted to instead of the EI channels and I never purchased anything but the EI package. It was easier to remember 2-3 specific channels I wanted to watch than scrolling through 30 channels to find a sox game.

BigHurt3515
03-15-2011, 05:26 PM
You guys seem to know a lot about this, I live in St. Louis and I'm assuming I would have to pay for the extra innings to get like CSN Chicago?

CLR01
03-15-2011, 08:13 PM
You guys seem to know a lot about this, I live in St. Louis and I'm assuming I would have to pay for the extra innings to get like CSN Chicago?

If you want to watch the games then yes you would. Or get mlb tv through the internet.

mccoydp
03-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Here's a question: I return back home from Saudi Arabia in mid-June. I was thinking about subscribing to MLB Extra Innings when I get back. Do any of you know if I will have to pay the full price for the package, or just for the portion of the season that I will watch (mid-June through October)?

ewokpelts
03-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Here's a question: I return back home from Saudi Arabia in mid-June. I was thinking about subscribing to MLB Extra Innings when I get back. Do any of you know if I will have to pay the full price for the package, or just for the portion of the season that I will watch (mid-June through October)?they lower the price around the all star break.

AZChiSoxFan
03-28-2011, 10:51 AM

I have a question for all of you about this. Given the price of the EI package on Directv, I'm thinking of buying Apple TV for $99, then buying the MLB.tv package. Even If I get the premium MLB.tv package, that's $120 and Apple TV is $99. So, going that route would only be $10 more than getting the EI package on Directv. To me this seems like a no-brainer. Yes, it's $10 more but you also get the Apple TV that you can use for other things, and I can watch MLB games on my laptop or Ipod touch when I am out of town. With the EI package on Directv, I am limited to only catching games in my living room.

So, following this line of thinking, is there something I am missing? Does anyone here have Apple TV?

ewokpelts
03-28-2011, 11:23 AM
I have a question for all of you about this. Given the price of the EI package on Directv, I'm thinking of buying Apple TV for $99, then buying the MLB.tv package. Even If I get the premium MLB.tv package, that's $120 and Apple TV is $99. So, going that route would only be $10 more than getting the EI package on Directv. To me this seems like a no-brainer. Yes, it's $10 more but you also get the Apple TV that you can use for other things, and I can watch MLB games on my laptop or Ipod touch when I am out of town. With the EI package on Directv, I am limited to only catching games in my living room.

So, following this line of thinking, is there something I am missing? Does anyone here have Apple TV?you seem to have already made your decision. getting mlb.tv and using a box to get it on your tv seems to be the logical answer.

btw, i didnt know apple tv can carry the mlb games now.

AZChiSoxFan
03-28-2011, 11:33 AM
you seem to have already made your decision. getting mlb.tv and using a box to get it on your tv seems to be the logical answer.

btw, i didnt know apple tv can carry the mlb games now.

Thanks. I guess I just want to make sure there isn't something about Apple TV that I didn't know about (some strange non-adverstised feature) that would cause me to regret getting it.

I didn't know that you could get the MLB.tv games via Apple TV until about an hour ago. Of course, you still have to subscribe to MLB.tv. I've wanted to ditch EI for years now and just go with MLB.tv (to save money), but Mrs. AZCHISOXFAN would rather watch games on our TV, as opposed to our laptop, so I never made the switch. Now though, it looks like Apple TV has come to my rescue.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/