PDA

View Full Version : More Cuts

DirtySox
03-14-2011, 07:08 PM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/244888190/mug_normal.jpg
MDGonzales (http://twitter.com/#%21/MDGonzales) Mark Gonzales
Sox cut Carter, Dolsi, Escobar, Gartrell, Cofield, Jones, Hynick and Socolovich
4 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/MDGonzales/status/47432874231738368)

russ99
03-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Interesting. So that last spot in the pen (if they don't go with a long man) looks to be between Infante, Bruney and Lindsay.

delben91
03-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Interesting. So that last spot in the pen (if they don't go with a long man) looks to be between Infante, Bruney and Lindsay.

And maybe Humber if Peavy is ready come opening day?

sox1970
03-14-2011, 10:54 PM
If they go with 7 in the pen, I think Humber is almost a lock right now. He's getting stretched out the most, and is throwing pretty well. It's his to lose over the next two weeks.

thomas35forever
03-14-2011, 11:46 PM
No surprises here. If there's a cut that most of us are familiar with however, that'll stir a lot of conversation.

Foulke You
03-15-2011, 12:55 AM
I would have to assume Phil Humber and Jeff Marquez factor into the conversation too. I know they are both starters but they could be long relief men. Also, they are also both out of options.

Lip Man 1
03-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Marquez should have been released a long time ago.

Lip

SoxSpeed22
03-15-2011, 01:10 PM
They are planning on keeping Peavy in extended spring training, according to the score, this morning. Most of it is about just building his stamina back up.
That gives Humber a shot to win the spot starter/ long relief spot for April.

bigsoxfan420
03-15-2011, 01:16 PM
They are planning on keeping Peavy in extended spring training, according to the score, this morning. Most of it is about just building his stamina back up.

This sounds like good news to me. I want Peavy as healthy as possible, no need for him to come back just to get hurt again.

sox1970
03-15-2011, 01:20 PM

No, I don't think that's the "plan". It's an option.

The goal is for him to start on April 6 at KC, if all goes well. And so far, it has.

And as far as it being an option, if they really didn't want Peavy to pitch in April in Chicago, then he should have started spring training now, started getting innings at the end of spring training, and then get rehab starts in Charlotte in April.

What would be the point of him building all of these innings now, and then just shut him down, and then send him to Charlotte? None. If there are no setbacks, he's starting April 6th...as he should.