PDA

View Full Version : MLB TV blackout restriction

A. Cavatica
03-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Does MLB TV black out all games in the home territory where your billing address is, or where your IP address is? If the latter, is there a way to relay games from a server outside the home territory?

JermaineDye05
03-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Does MLB TV black out all games in the home territory where your billing address is, or where your IP address is? If the latter, is there a way to relay games from a server outside the home territory?

Not legally.

There have been occasions where I've been able to get mlb.tv when a game is on WCIU which my town doesn't have, but for the most part it's blacked out. It can be very frustrating if you're dealing with school cable which doesn't get CSN. I had to deal with that problem when I was going to NIU.

downstairs
03-14-2011, 06:23 PM

IP address and other such technology. I live in NOLA and can get the Sox games. During one Cubs/Sox game, I was watching on real TV and my business partner was in his office in Chicago. I gave him my login/password, and it still blocked him.

There are ways people have done it, but its not legal, so you'll have to figure that out on your own if you want.

Fenway
03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
When I use my wireless card it thinks I am New York so I always get NESN even when in Boston. At Starbucks the wi-fi says I am in Washington, DC :scratch:

Nellie_Fox
03-14-2011, 08:56 PM
I see no point in leaving this thread open. We'll eventually get into territory we don't want to be in.