PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Find This White Sox Hat

WhiteSoxFan84
03-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Years ago I purchased this awesome, fitted White Sox cap and loved wearing it as often as possible. Then I met my girlfriend about 4 years ago, started going to games with her, she wore it a few times, aaaand it disappeared. She loved it and ever since it vanished she's hinted at wanting another one. I've had 3 other people ask me for it. I just can't find it, ANYWHERE. I even did a Google image search for "Chicago White Sox Hat" and did the same on eBay. I went through all the pictures and listings, no luck.

Attached is a pic of the hat. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-13-2011, 03:22 PM
I thought I found it (http://www.allsportshats.com/shop.php/sub1=Chicago+White+Sox), but when I follow the links, I get to Lids.com and they don't have it. :scratch:

Fenway
03-13-2011, 04:02 PM
this is close

http://www.fansedge.com/Chicago-White-Sox-Adjustable-Hat-New-Era-940-Hooligan-Hat-_591407956_PD.html

grv1974
03-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Years ago I purchased this awesome, fitted White Sox cap and loved wearing it as often as possible. Then I met my girlfriend about 4 years ago, started going to games with her, she wore it a few times, aaaand it disappeared. She loved it and ever since it vanished she's hinted at wanting another one. I've had 3 other people ask me for it. I just can't find it, ANYWHERE. I even did a Google image search for "Chicago White Sox Hat" and did the same on eBay. I went through all the pictures and listings, no luck.

Attached is a pic of the hat. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

They probably don't make that particular style anymore.

MARTINMVP
03-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Looks like a TWINS 47 type cap. You could try a LIDS store or a LIDS Locker Room store. That hat looks familiar so I am sure I have seen that before. Just because it's not on the website doesn't mean it's not in the store. Try a FansEdge or try Grand Stands in Chicago.

Good luck!

Fenway
03-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Looks like a TWINS 47 type cap. You could try a LIDS store or a LIDS Locker Room store. That hat looks familiar so I am sure I have seen that before. Just because it's not on the website doesn't mean it's not in the store. Try a FansEdge or try Grand Stands in Chicago.

Good luck!

I will stop by Fenway tomorrow where Twins is located....if the hat still exists they will know. They actually good people to deal with.

DumpJerry
03-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Grandstand has a wide selection, stop in next time you're down there.

Brian26
03-13-2011, 05:54 PM
I bought one in 2006. Its a Twins '47 called the "Franchise".

pearso66
03-13-2011, 06:04 PM
I bought that same hat many years ago at Lids. I could have sworn I saw it in a store recently but I could be wrong. It's been a couple months since I've been in one of those stores.

Fenway
03-13-2011, 06:35 PM
I bought one in 2006. Its a Twins '47 called the "Franchise".

I will go to the Twins HQ's tomorrow now that we know for sure....

WhiteSoxFan84
03-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks everyone. Whatever you guys find out, please let me know. I'll get it right away.

I honestly have never met a nicer group of people than the community we have here. So glad I found this place years ago.

Fenway
03-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks everyone. Whatever you guys find out, please let me know. I'll get it right away.

I honestly have never met a nicer group of people than the community we have here. So glad I found this place years ago.

I hope I have some luck with Twins

I have downloaded the pics Brian took to my Blackberry and will bring them to their main Boston store. They not known to throw anything out - they still have 1986 World Champion Red Sox pennants in the basement they made to sell for happy fans going to Logan to greet the boys return from NY :tongue:

To reach us by phone, please call:

General Inquiries: orders@nineteen47.com

Newbury Street Location
286 Newbury St.
Boston, MA 02115

MARTINMVP
03-13-2011, 10:54 PM
I hope Fenway has some luck in finding that hat.

I do seriosuly think though that I've seen that hat at Lids recently. If one particular mall doesn't have the hat, try another one. When it comes to Sox hats, certain Lid stores have a slightly different selection than others.

That 2005 BP cap everyone talks about (black hat with gray brim), I could have sworn I've seen at Lids. Not labeled as a BP hat, but just as a 39 THIRTY (I know I have that number wrong, but you know what I mean).

And speaking of hats with the sock emerald, I did find this new cool looking hat on the LIDS website... http://www.lids.com/MLB/Chicago-White-Sox/20240322

doublem23
03-13-2011, 11:12 PM
I looked around and couldn't find the exact one you're looking for, but as Brian points out, that '47 Twins Franchise fit is very, very popular, so at the worst you should be able to find her something with the same feel and fit, even if you can't find the same logo right away. Check out Grandstand, they have a great selection of those hats in stock. Maybe you'll get lucky.

I sympathize with her, though, I lost my favorite Sox hat in one of my moves over the years. Still pisses me off to this day.

Fenway
03-14-2011, 10:47 AM
I went to the Twins47 HQ's near Fenway and the woman couldn't have been nicer. While they don't have them she sees the hat is still in the production mix and she will get back to me to see what wholesalers have ordered them. All she knows is the hat was last produced in China in January.

She explained that most of Twins' business is wholesale and the factory in China ships directly to them. She also said this is their crunch time as Opening Day is approaching and everybody is restocking.

#1swisher
03-15-2011, 07:33 PM

Sent you a PM

ghostface36
03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Grandstand has a wide selection, stop in next time you're down there.
grandstand has the dopest fitted's, no doubt but they're expensivvvvvvvvve there

hi im skot
03-16-2011, 08:33 PM
grandstand has the dopest fitted's, no doubt but they're expensivvvvvvvvve there

Their hats are the same price as just about anywhere else.

#1swisher
03-17-2011, 11:52 AM
If anyone is interested in this hat...TJMaxx has them for $7.99. Funny, I went there to pick up white socks and found it. :D:

EDIT: this store had 2ea. S,M,L,XL

soxinem1
03-17-2011, 03:18 PM
If anyone is interested in this hat...TJMaxx has them for $7.99. Funny, I went there to pick up white socks and found it. :D:

EDIT: this store had 2ea. S,M,L,XL

I was going to say, I saw this hat when I got my early 1900's hat at Marshall's last year for like $6.

Since TJ Maxx and Marshall's are one in the same, they just might have it still.