PDA

View Full Version : Question for those "in the know"

doublem23
03-10-2011, 10:28 AM
OK, so a group of friends and I are planning to hit a game at the Cell in April or early May. Don't know what day yet. This isn't a big enough group to warrant doing anything special through the Sox, it's usually under 10 people total depending on how many of the wives/fiances/girlfriends/side-girlfriends/etc. tag along. Normally in these situations, I would usually be the one to bite the bullet and plop down the money for all the tickets at once to assure we're all sitting together and then collect money later. However, Ms. Doub and I are getting married later this year so I am basically always perpetually short of money right now (side note: HOLY **** WEDDINGS ARE EXPENSIVE). No dice this time.

I scanned the pages at whitesox.com, but I can't find the answer right away, but I think I've seen this posted here before... There's a place where you can trade in tickets at the day of the game to we could all essentially buy tickets individually and then meet up at the Cell and swap them in for somewhere with available seats, right? And, if so, where in the park can you do that?

ewokpelts
03-10-2011, 11:16 AM
there's no "trade in" system.

you could UPGRADE your tickets at the box office windows inside the park.

but for an april/may game, you can just find a spot to hang out and not worry about it.

stubhub and ebay have soem good deals for tickets, and there's always a code floating out there.

pm me for more info.

daveeym
03-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Side girlfriends?

doublem23
03-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Side girlfriends?

Some of my friends are terrible people. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
03-10-2011, 07:56 PM
I've organized a couple group outings that have been less than the required 20 people. I haven't gone to the box office to pick up the tickets until I received all payments. I always set a deadline of when I wanted the money by and articulated that to everyone involved. That deadline happens to be the same day I go to the box office or one day before. I've had no problems doing it this way...Just something to keep in mind.

You probably won't have problems in April or May doing it this way.

kevingrt
03-10-2011, 08:16 PM
If you are looking for an April or May week night game for like 8-10 people I would say wait to look at Stubhub or eBay. They always have good deals. Usually in April and early May for a week night game you can find 10 tickets in the outfield for like $15 each which is a steal.