PDA

View Full Version : Thomas may go to see Hriniak


CerberusWG
07-04-2002, 03:29 PM
Hurtin' for hits

Manager Jerry Manuel said hitting coach Gary Ward is "banging his head against the wall trying to find the right formula, the right solution that can help (Frank Thomas) get some consistency" at the plate. Manuel now suggests that it might be better for the Big Hurt to go outside the organization for help, the Chicago Tribune reported July 4. Former Sox hitting coach Walt Hriniak is a name that has been mentioned. "If somebody that he's had success with, a Hriniak or someone, not at all would I be opposed to him coming in," Manuel told the newspaper. "If he'd like to, that's awesome. I don't think Gary Ward would have a problem with that. I know I wouldn't have a problem with that."

RKMeibalane
07-04-2002, 03:36 PM
I hope he goes to see Hriniak soon. Mo Vaughn met with Mike Easler a few weeks ago, and he's swung the bat well since. The same may hold true for Thomas.

kevingrt
07-04-2002, 03:44 PM
Well he got early BP with Gary Ward and Jerry Manuel. It started 2 and half hours before the game. Ward was pitching SOFT TOSS

TornLabrum
07-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Interesting...Over on the AOL Sox board somebody said they were watcing the Detroit feed of Tuesday nights game. Kirk Gibson reported stated over and over again that Frank was pulling his hip out every time he swung the bat, and they showed several replays of his at bats to illustrate the point. Gibson reportedly commented, "I can't believe nobody on the bench has picked that up."

Well, it looks now as if nobody has since apparently no one there can help Frank and he'll have to go to Hriniak for help.

GET RID OF THESE CLOWNS!

RKMeibalane
07-04-2002, 04:03 PM
Someone should get started on that "Fire Gary" tag.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Interesting...Over on the AOL Sox board somebody said they were watcing the Detroit feed of Tuesday nights game. Kirk Gibson reported stated over and over again that Frank was pulling his hip out every time he swung the bat, and they showed several replays of his at bats to illustrate the point. Gibson reportedly commented, "I can't believe nobody on the bench has picked that up."

Well, it looks now as if nobody has since apparently no one there can help Frank and he'll have to go to Hriniak for help.

GET RID OF THESE CLOWNS!

Somewhere out there, Von Joshua is laughing hysterically.

:von
"I'm guessing they've already pulled Meet the Parents out of the clubhouse DVD player!"

LongDistanceFan
07-04-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


Somewhere out there, Von Joshua is laughing hysterically.

:von
"I'm guessing they've already pulled Meet the Parents out of the clubhouse DVD player!" wasn't there something last yr before or during training camp when he sought out walt.......

duke of dorwood
07-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Frank didnt start too well last year before the injury. If he believes Hriniak is is only hope, he better see him on the break. He is mentally shutting any other suggestions out until he sees him.

Nellie_Fox
07-04-2002, 11:55 PM
What are they waiting for? Get Hriniak on the next thing westbound (I think he still lives in Massachussetts.)

Jerry_Manuel
07-05-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
What are they waiting for? Get Hriniak on the next thing westbound (I think he still lives in Massachussetts.)

I wonder what Frank has to say about this? Manuel and Ward both think he should seek out Walt, yet not a word from Frank about it.