PDA

View Full Version : Sox make seven roster moves today

DumpJerry
03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Teahen is still with the team. (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/03/09/white-sox-make-seven-roster-moves/)

doublem23
03-09-2011, 11:12 AM
:cuss:

WhiteSoxFTW
03-09-2011, 11:13 AM
And he still will be when all is said and done. Unless KW comes up with a pretty clever trade (and eats a bunch of that contract), he will be with the major league club and will play some 3B and some RF. And Dayan will be at AAA.

Bobby Thigpen
03-09-2011, 11:23 AM
And Dayan will be at AAA.
As he should be.

SephClone89
03-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah, Teahen will be on the Opening Day roster.

Looks like Humber is frontrunner for the spot starts if necessary?

WhiteSoxFTW
03-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Lucas Harrell has had a couple chances to prove he can be a major league starting pitcher. Was this ST his last?

JB98
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Lucas Harrell has had a couple chances to prove he can be a major league starting pitcher. Was this ST his last?

Hopefully. That guy stinks. I cringed last September when posters suggested we shut down Buehrle and Danks to take a look at Harrell and Torres. There was no need to take a look. Those guys are bad. Torres is thankfully gone. I'm done with Harrell also and hope the Sox are done with him soon.

doublem23
03-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Hopefully. That guy stinks. I cringed last September when posters suggested we shut down Buehrle and Danks to take a look at Harrell and Torres. There was no need to take a look. Those guys are bad. Torres is thankfully gone. I'm done with Harrell also and hope the Sox are done with him soon.

Yes. If Harrell was smart, he'd realize he's just not qualified to be a SP in the Majors. I think there's an outside chance he could stick somewhere as a relief pitcher, he can dial it up when he's not trying save himself for 6-7 innings. But if Lucas Harrell is a starter on your team, you are ****ed.

CWSpalehoseCWS
03-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah, Teahen will be on the Opening Day roster.

Looks like Humber is frontrunner for the spot starts if necessary?

Guess so. I think Shane Lindsay might be battling too, but I don't think as a starter. Just as an extra arm out of the pen.

wilburaga
03-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm a little surprised that Harrell and Nunez were amongst the first round of cuts. When your time in major league camp is less than that of Freddy Doldrums, that's not good.