PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Sports Bar Picnic Tables for Beginners

amsteel
03-06-2011, 09:40 PM
I noticed the Sox are auctioning off BPSB picnic tables via Ticketmaster. I've never sat at one before and am interested in doing so, but I remember reading somewhere (probably here) that the typical protocol is just to show up when the gates open and reserve a table for something like 15$/person. Are the Sox charging 60ish$/person for the conveinence of reserving them far ahead of time?

Please correct me if I'm incorrect about anything above. I'd also be interested in hearing any tips, comments, or overall reviews of sitting there.

Thanks!

DumpJerry
03-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Are you doing the auction, or are looking to get a table with a regular ticket?

The guy who runs the auction was on White Sox Weekly yesterday with Rongey. He said the price you pay through the auction includes the table.

The regular way is to get to Gate 2 before it opens. When Gate 2 opens, run to the Bullpen Sports Bar and go to the bar on the right where you can buy Margaritas and give them $15 for each seat at a table you want. They will give you a table assignment and wrist band.

amsteel
03-06-2011, 10:45 PM
This Google search answered most of my questions:
http://goo.gl/EpObI

At this point I'm more interested in people's experiences/perspectives sitting there for a game, ease of getting a table, etc. Thanks!

DumpJerry
03-06-2011, 10:50 PM
At this point I'm more interested in people's experiences/perspectives sitting there for a game, ease of getting a table, etc. Thanks!
If you get in as soon as the gates open, you will have no trouble getting a table (unless, of course, it is a big game, then get there well before the gates open). You get a menu for food orders and they come to your table to take your order. Last time I sat there, the Sox went 16 or so innings against the Angels and Jim Thome won it for us with a home run that sailed over our heads (we were in the upper level tables which I recommend for the views).

amsteel
03-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Are you doing the auction, or are looking to get a table with a regular ticket?

The auctions seem overpriced since in theory, it should cost face value+15$. The cheapest auction I've seen starts at 55$/person and it has to be 4 people. I guess you are overpaying for the service of guaranteeing yourself a spot ahead of time. I usually go to games with 1 buddy, so I would be interested in a 2 person table.

Also, the lower level tables are free, correct?

DumpJerry
03-06-2011, 11:04 PM
The auctions seem overpriced since in theory, it should cost face value+15$. The cheapest auction I've seen starts at 55$/person and it has to be 4 people. I guess you are overpaying for the service of guaranteeing yourself a spot ahead of time. I usually go to games with 1 buddy, so I would be interested in a 2 person table.

Also, the lower level tables are free, correct?
I believe the lower tables are also $15, but don't hold me to it.

The auction is a charity fundraiser, so it is expected people will pay more than the usual amount for the tickets.

DumpJerry
03-06-2011, 11:06 PM
From the White Sox website:

Bullpen Sports Bar, Miller Lite The Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar is located on field level behind the right-field fence. To get there, enter the ballpark from Gate 2 or take the ramp at Gate 2 down from the Lower or Upper Levels. The outdoor seating area is available for a nominal charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Must be 21 or older to enter.

ewokpelts
03-07-2011, 09:53 AM
I noticed the Sox are auctioning off BPSB picnic tables via Ticketmaster. I've never sat at one before and am interested in doing so, but I remember reading somewhere (probably here) that the typical protocol is just to show up when the gates open and reserve a table for something like 15$/person. Are the Sox charging 60ish$/person for the conveinence of reserving them far ahead of time?

Please correct me if I'm incorrect about anything above. I'd also be interested in hearing any tips, comments, or overall reviews of sitting there.

Thanks!The ticketmaster auction is for a "ticket" plus the table spots.

If you have game tickets already, you can buy a spot on the outdoor part of the bullpen bar for $15 per person. you will be seated in the upper portion.
The lower portion is FREE as of 2010.

Law11
03-07-2011, 10:32 AM
just a word of advice if you arent sitting closest to the field at the table its not the greatest place to actually see a game. I sat there and we switched off because you were always trying to see around the person next to you or in front of you so to speak.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I concur with the others about the field level seating. If you can, try for the upper level of tables.

I've gotten to the BSB in the bottom of the 3rd, and paid $10 for an open table(and it was a NYY game). I would say it's all luck though; not too often you'll find an open table that early in a game.

MarkZ35
03-11-2011, 02:04 AM
I did it once last year and the lower level benchs were free but those were packed with folks while the upper level for $15 a person was only about 25% filled and is a really good view.