PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Lofton & Frank Thomas

ChiSoxBobette
07-04-2002, 07:29 AM
I think its time we give both of these guys a rest lets get Liefer & Rowan in there or bring up Borchard to play centerfield. It seems lately that whoever we are playing seems to find these two guys whenever we are losing and we can get something going when we're at bat. Frank looked lame trying to hit a guy who has'nt pitched in a year and half, and Lofton is either hurt or I hate to say it is'nt interested in playing for the Sox anymore. We have to win these games , look at what the twins did they beat the A's again and one of the A's best pitchers was pitching. We can't get to to .500 and the twinkies are 6 1/2 up on us again. Everyone including Clayton has contributed to the team and now we have Thomas & lofton in a funk, my opinion is Frank needs to either sit or go down to the minors to get his batting eye back. Maybe a trade for Thome and we could platoon him & Pauly at 1st base, but something needs to get done especially now while we're at home and the twinkies are playing the A's & Mariners. I'll be at tonights game and would be surprised to see Frank or Kenny in the lineup, but then again who knows with Manuel look what he did with Alomar last night after hit played the way he did Weds. night. We can't keep these two guys in the lineup anymore they're killing us right now.
Go White Sox - 2 out 3 from the tiggers will have to do, but a sweep would have been better.

oldcomiskey
07-04-2002, 11:02 AM
I got news for you--Ill take 2 out 3 the rest of year

ChiSoxBobette
07-04-2002, 11:10 AM
That 2 out of 3 has'nt done anything this year to catch the twinkies and now the twinkies are playing and beating the A's and that pitching staff. 2 out of 3 against the tiggers tonight is pretty iffy especially with Sparks pitching for them and us not being able to hit a guy who has'nt pitched in a year and a half . We got Danny Wright pitching who has become another Todd Ritchie giving up runs like its nothing.

FanOf14
07-04-2002, 11:10 AM
I'd take 2-3 for the rest of the year too. I do think something has to be done with Lofton and Thomas. Thomas is doing too much tinkering and looks lost at the plate. I am more than willing to give him time, but it's been half a season and no improvements. Being that I am not a coach I don't know what will help Frank - sitting didn't help and playing regularly hasn't as helped either. It's hurting the team with the two of them in there player below where they should be.

BTW - was anyone else thinking last night..."Damn, if Foulke hadn't given up that run in the ninth or if Magglio hadn't grounded into that double play, we would have tied and/or won the game in the ninth..."

oldcomiskey
07-04-2002, 11:15 AM
Im not too wooried about individual stats----its nice that Konerko has 70 RBI--its nice that Magglio has 65 RBI--its nice that Burly has 11 wins--but we have traditionally been a second half team----so dont panic--we win today and take of three from the next team and we got in to break hot

Nellie_Fox
07-05-2002, 01:05 AM
Well, they didn't win today. The Twins are on a tough west coast swing, the Sox have games against teams with bad records, and start out by losing a series at home to the Tigers. They have a chance to make up some ground, but the Twins are showing they can hold their own on the west coast, something the Sox haven't done. They won the series with the A's, and lost a close opener to Seattle. Both those teams usually humiliate the Sox.