View Full Version : Yankees Put Rivalry Aside When Tragedy Struck the Red Sox

Fenway
03-03-2011, 08:17 PM
:clap:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703300904576178762851574594.html

MtGrnwdSoxFan
03-03-2011, 08:25 PM
That's a very nice story.

Glad to see re-affirmation that there's a compassion within people that transcends what colors they wear.

doublem23
03-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Glad to see re-affirmation that there's a compassion within people that transcends what colors they wear.

Well, yeah, the players basically don't care about any of these rivalries. Very few of them have any allegiances to the team they play for before they were drafted/traded/signed.

FreeBuck12
03-03-2011, 10:59 PM
one of the coolest things I heard when I was taking a tour of AT&T Park a few weeks ago was my tour guider telling us that even though a rivalry as historic as Giants/Dodgers, is nothing without the fans... its not the players who fuel the rivlary, its the fans....

I always knew that but its so much fun when stories like this surface.

I remember telling a white sox big leaguer that he "better never play for the cubs" a few years ago and he laughed and told me "I'll go where I'm needed, and where it best suites my family and their lives"

I was flabbergasted for a second, then it sunk in. Being around 18 at the time I was kinda hurt that he wasn't like "yeah screw the cubs!" but that one statement helped propel me into the more radical thinking baseball fan that I am today. I no longer dislike the cubs because of the team... i have legit reasons why i dislike the fans, wrigley, the managment, etc.

I love that this proves that the rivalries are all just based on the fans... :smile:

as for the story... I teared up a bit when I read it... thats an amazing story regardless of who is involved, baseball or not :smile:

PennStater98r
03-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Wow - that actually made me tear up a little - good for them to help that poor girl.