PDA

View Full Version : This just in - Coco Crisp is a dumbass

thomas35forever
03-02-2011, 03:44 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/02/coco-crisp-major-league-baseball-oakland-athletics-dui-scottsdale-arrest-outfielder-phoenix-municipal-stadium-rolls-royce-phantom/

Foulke You
03-02-2011, 04:36 PM
I just don't understand all these millionaire ballplayers who feel the need to get behind the wheel of their car after drinking. Granted, it's not a good idea for anyone to do it but it makes even less sense for rich ballplayers to do it. You can afford to call a limo or a luxury taxi service and have it take you wherever you want to go and drink. If it happened to be spur of the moment partying, you can leave your car there and have a taxi or limo to take you back to the car in the morning. It just boggles the mind. :?:

eriqjaffe
03-02-2011, 04:40 PM
I just don't understand all these millionaire ballplayers who feel the need to get behind the wheel of their car after drinking. Granted, it's not a good idea for anyone to do it but it makes even less sense for rich ballplayers to do it. You can afford to call a limo or a luxury taxi service and have it take you wherever you want to go and drink. If it happened to be spur of the moment partying, you can leave your car there and have a taxi or limo to take you back to the car in the morning. It just boggles the mind. :?:Just because they're wealthy doesn't mean they have good judgement, though.

Foulke You
03-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Just because they're wealthy doesn't mean they have good judgement, though.
Quite true. It seems more often than not, the famous and wealthy make the poorest choices when it comes to stuff like this.

hi im skot
03-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Quite true. It seems more often than not, the famous and wealthy make the poorest choices when it comes to stuff like this.

Not necessarily - we just hear about it more because they're in the spotlight.

downstairs
03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
I just don't understand all these millionaire ballplayers who feel the need to get behind the wheel of their car after drinking. Granted, it's not a good idea for anyone to do it but it makes even less sense for rich ballplayers to do it. You can afford to call a limo or a luxury taxi service and have it take you wherever you want to go and drink. If it happened to be spur of the moment partying, you can leave your car there and have a taxi or limo to take you back to the car in the morning. It just boggles the mind. :?:

I've always said this, and I agree.

However you have to understand the mentality of a lot of famous people. They think they're above the law. They know they're breaking the law by drinking and driving... but they seriously don't care. They figure nothing would happen even if they got caught.

DSpivack
03-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I've always said this, and I agree.

However you have to understand the mentality of a lot of famous people. They think they're above the law. They know they're breaking the law by drinking and driving... but they seriously don't care. They figure nothing would happen even if they got caught.

It's one thing to feel you're above the law. It's another to believe that you can drink and not be impaired while driving. I suppose if you think you're above the laws of man, you might also feel you're above the laws of nature.

DirtySox
03-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Miggy, Kearns, and now Crisp.

Fenway
03-02-2011, 07:57 PM

I can't speak about Arizona but around Tampa Bay after 1 AM - I would say at least 10% of the drivers are over .08 ( maybe a lot more )

Sports bars are packed and you have to drive to get to them....there are NO cabs

mbwhitesox
03-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Are they sure it was just alcohol? He looks pretty high in that picture :?:

ComiskeyBrewer
03-03-2011, 01:50 AM
I can't speak about Arizona but around Tampa Bay after 1 AM - I would say at least 10% of the drivers are over .08 ( maybe a lot more )

Sports bars are packed and you have to drive to get to them....there are NO cabs

You would think someone would open a service, they'd make a killing.

GlassSox
03-03-2011, 11:44 AM

I don't buy that, use your phone and call a cab or limo service.

doublem23
03-03-2011, 11:49 AM

Probably takes 30-40 minutes for them to show up. And then you got to figure out how to get your car in the morning if you leave it at the bar.

GlassSox
03-03-2011, 11:51 AM

:thumbsup:

GlassSox
03-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Probably takes 30-40 minutes for them to show up. And then you got to figure out how to get your car in the morning if you leave it at the bar.

Then don't get drunk in the first place. Also, I guess most people don't have friends or family to drive them to get their car.

Although people can always find an excuse or justification for drunk driving, it is NEVER exceptable!

doublem23
03-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Then don't get drunk in the first place. Also, I guess most people don't have friends or family to drive them to get their car.

Although people can always find an excuse or justification for drunk driving, it is NEVER exceptable!

:dunno:

I'm not trying to justify it, but you get a very skewed view of how most of America operates by living here, where there are literally thousands of cabs prowling the streets.

DumpJerry
03-03-2011, 12:21 PM
If you're planning on going out drinking, either don't take your car or have a DD.

If the cab service is that bad and you don't want to spring for a car service, then a Designated Driver is the best option to keep your name out of the headlines in this manner.

doublem23
03-03-2011, 12:32 PM
If you're planning on going out drinking, either don't take your car or have a DD.

If the cab service is that bad and you don't want to spring for a car service, then a Designated Driver is the best option to keep your name out of the headlines in this manner.

Yes, thanks, I don't need pointers on how to not drive drunk, I was just merely giving the rebuttal to the question, "Why didn't Coco get a cab?" Probably because cab service in Tampa sucks. "Why didn't he get a DD?" Probably because he's an idiot. I'd assume if you're going out getting hammered with no real plan on how to get back to your place, these logical, rational questions have no bearing on that person's thought process.

Moses_Scurry
03-03-2011, 12:55 PM
It's also not always in the plans to get drunk, but it still happens. Then the judgement to call a cab is not there. Not justifying, just explaining the logic.

Nellie_Fox
03-03-2011, 12:57 PM
People are human, and make human errors.

Let me be clear: in my 25 years of being a cop, I arrested literally hundreds of drunk drivers. I had no qualms in doing so. But I think that most of us have, at one time or another, stopped to have "just one or two" which led to three or four, and then we drove when we probably shouldn't have. It's fine to discuss the folly of DUI, but I think some people get over the top in being judgmental about other people's failings.

Fenway
03-03-2011, 01:01 PM
You would think someone would open a service, they'd make a killing.

What few cabs that run in Pinellas County (St Pete-Clearwater) at night just vanish at Midnight. The cab industry there is geared for seniors who travel during the day.

Try finding a cab in LA at night as well....Boston is no picnic after 1 AM because the subway and buses closes down.

The main reason I have never lived in the burbs is I don't want to drive if I am having a few.

Fenway
03-03-2011, 01:10 PM

Let me be clear: in my 25 years of being a cop, I arrested literally hundreds of drunk drivers. I had no qualms in doing so. But I think that most of us have, at one time or another, stopped to have "just one or two" which led to three or four, and then we drove when we probably shouldn't have. It's fine to discuss the folly of DUI, but I think some people get over the top in being judgmental about other people's failings.

Nellie - up until 1990 or so what the police around Boston would do is tell a driver to lock the car up and we will get you home. Then there was a horrific accident where 6 college kids were killed on a city parkway when they hit a tree. MADD kicked in and since then there has been zero tolerance.

With a few drinks the brain's judgement get clouded - Oh I'm fine....

As you said, people make mistakes. I had a DUI 20 years ago..my fault I stayed too long watching a Jets-Bears Monday Night Game that went into overtime. But since then I have made sure I would never get a second one.

PeteWard
03-04-2011, 02:28 AM

Thank you Nellie. The holier-than-thou crowd is out in full force.