PDA

View Full Version : Promotions

WhiteSoxJunkie
02-27-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm looking into buying the 7 game promo pack and am trying to figure out which games I want. I have a few questions about promotion nights that hopefully someone can answer.

What are they giving out on Frank Thomas Day on July 31? The Sox website just says "First 20,000 fans" but it doesn't say what they are giving away. They already have two Frank Thomas bobblehead days in April, so I wonder if they would give out more. And what other special things would they be doing? I know they are unveiling his statue that day, but since this game is vs Boston and tickets are really expensive, I would end up buying upper deck tickets and wonder if it would even be worth it since I wouldn't be able to access the lower deck to see the statue.

What special things do they do on Blackhawks night other than have the players at the game? Basically what I'm asking is, is it even worth going to that game just for the promotion?

salty99
02-27-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm looking into buying the 7 game promo pack and am trying to figure out which games I want. I have a few questions about promotion nights that hopefully someone can answer.

What are they giving out on Frank Thomas Day on July 31? The Sox website just says "First 20,000 fans" but it doesn't say what they are giving away. They already have two Frank Thomas bobblehead days in April, so I wonder if they would give out more. And what other special things would they be doing? I know they are unveiling his statue that day, but since this game is vs Boston and tickets are really expensive, I would end up buying upper deck tickets and wonder if it would even be worth it since I wouldn't be able to access the lower deck to see the statue.

What special things do they do on Blackhawks night other than have the players at the game? Basically what I'm asking is, is it even worth going to that game just for the promotion?

Last year's Blackhawks game they gave out replica Stanley Cup's and Coach Q came on the field with the Stanley Cup. The rest of the Chicago trophies were there as well, NFL, MLB, and NBA.

MarkZ35
02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
What are they giving out on Frank Thomas Day on July 31? The Sox website just says "First 20,000 fans" but it doesn't say what they are giving away. They already have two Frank Thomas bobblehead days in April, so I wonder if they would give out more. And what other special things would they be doing? I know they are unveiling his statue that day, but since this game is vs Boston and tickets are really expensive, I would end up buying upper deck tickets and wonder if it would even be worth it since I wouldn't be able to access the lower deck to see the statue

I wouldn't count on anything special being handed out the day of the statue.
Has anyone found out for sure if the 2 Frank Thomas bobbleheads being handed out this year are the same as the one from last year?

parlaycard
03-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't count on anything special being handed out the day of the statue.
Has anyone found out for sure if the 2 Frank Thomas bobbleheads being handed out this year are the same as the one from last year?

I was told by a ticket rep that they are the same ones as last year.

ewokpelts
03-11-2011, 11:39 AM
the site has updated to mention that statues will be hande dout on 7/31

as for the bobbleheads of frank, the sox announced LAST YEAR that they were going to offer the same bobble in 2011.

as for your 7 game promo pack, i would go for the 7/4 game. 1/2 off fireworks night.

buehrle bobblehead night looks good too.