PDA

View Full Version : Too close

Jjav829
07-03-2002, 11:08 PM
That was too damn close!!! Too bad they waitied until the 9th to score. I have absolutely no confidence in Lofton right now.

Damn...

mrwag
07-03-2002, 11:10 PM
That 1 run in the top of the ninth.....

Chisox_cali
07-03-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
That was too damn close!!! Too bad they waitied until the 9th to score. I have absolutely no confidence in Lofton right now.

Damn...

Too Little Too Late...

KempersRS
07-03-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

Damn...

Well he is pathetic and useless at the plate, but Sox fans are stubborn and since he hit .400 for a few weeks they refuse to change their minds about him.

Tragg
07-03-2002, 11:14 PM
Unfortunately he's one of our better hitters regardless - no one on the bench can hit a lick.

Durham has an OBP close to .400 this year - doesn't seem to be able to do that as a leadoff guy, unfortunately.

kevingrt
07-03-2002, 11:15 PM
You mean Sox coaches, because I've been sick of him since Late MAy

kevingrt
11 Hits and 4 Runs, Just Not going to do it

Chisox_cali
Originally posted by Tragg
Unfortunately he's one of our better hitters regardless - no one on the bench can hit a lick.

Durham has an OBP close to .400 this year - doesn't seem to be able to do that as a leadoff guy, unfortunately.

I would have PH Graffy, he has been coming up in the clutch this season.

Pete_SSAC
07-03-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

:graff

"ahem"

- Pete

Tragg
07-03-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

:graff

"ahem"

- Pete

You're probably right - but it's pretty telling when a utility infielder is our top pinch hitter.

Huisj
07-03-2002, 11:37 PM
I gotta say I'm pretty pissed with foulke in this game--he just plain didn't even really give a crap about holding the runner Lombard on first in the 9th inning with 2 outs, and because of his total brainlessness he ends up giving up a run. Yeah, seems like no big deal at the time, just another stupid run in a game that's already lost right? But of course if Foulke stinking goes out there and tries hard and pays halfway attention to that runner, this game goes into extra innings.

I'm so sick of this stinking team playing like they don't give a crap. They play like they just don't care, I hate them. I mean geex, score 17 runs one day, and then get shut down by BRIAN MOEHLER in his first start in like 8 years or whatever??? geez, he could hardly hit 86 on the radar gun. I would say go check his thumb for sand paper, but then I remembered this is the sox, the most blah energyless team in baseball.

So much for the slogan "come ready to play." the sox, and especially kieth dipwad foulke, prove once again that they didn't. time to clean house. i am so sick of this team.

kevingrt
07-03-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
I gotta say I'm pretty pissed with foulke in this game--he just plain didn't even really give a crap about holding the runner Lombard on first in the 9th inning with 2 outs, and because of his total brainlessness he ends up giving up a run. Yeah, seems like no big deal at the time, just another stupid run in a game that's already lost right? But of course if Foulke stinking goes out there and tries hard and pays halfway attention to that runner, this game goes into extra innings.

I'm so sick of this stinking team playing like they don't give a crap. They play like they just don't care, I hate them. I mean geex, score 17 runs one day, and then get shut down by BRIAN MOEHLER in his first start in like 8 years or whatever??? geez, he could hardly hit 86 on the radar gun. I would say go check his thumb for sand paper, but then I remembered this is the sox, the most blah energyless team in baseball.

So much for the slogan "come ready to play." the sox, and especially kieth dipwad foulke, prove once again that they didn't. time to clean house. i am so sick of this team.

Yes I agree totally with you, but I think these players know something we don't know, maybe a STRIKE????

Jerry_Manuel
07-03-2002, 11:52 PM
As someone else pointed out, Lofton's popping everything up right now.

As for this game, they missed 2 homers tonight. Sandy and Paul both just missed one.

Also Magglio has been brutal recently in situations where we really need him to come through.

Huisj
07-03-2002, 11:56 PM
please bring on a strike. anything to end this miserable season. watching a team of lackluster blah veterans duff around just below .500 is hopeless, depressing and totally boring. if their record is going to be like this, i'd much rather see crede, borchard, harris, and liefer than clayton/valentin (one of em's got to go), lofton, durham, and thomas. This team is just blah. even if the young guys struggle some, at least they play hard and show hope for the future. that's why '98 and '99, though certainly not super seasons record-wise, were still a lot more fun to watch than this year. unfortunately, when players did come around, ths sox started acquiring more and more crappy veterans to fill in gaps. and look where it's gotten this whole mess of an organization.

gee, i sound a little frustrated tonight.

TheBigHurt
07-04-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
11 Hits and 4 Runs, Just Not going to do it

especially with the Glove pitching

doublem23
07-04-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Well he is pathetic and useless at the plate, but Sox fans are stubborn and since he hit .400 for a few weeks they refuse to change their minds about him.

I totally agree... Lofton is washed up.

GASHWOUND
07-04-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Huisj

I think you need a little :prozac dude.
You "hate" them? and they showed some life in he 9th for a team that doesn't care in your words.
And if your sick if this team, go away an root for the yanks or someone. Sheesh,

GASHWOUND
07-04-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
As someone else pointed out, Lofton's popping everything up right now.

As for this game, they missed 2 homers tonight. Sandy and Paul both just missed one.

Also Magglio has been brutal recently in situations where we really need him to come through.

Yeah, everybody's blaming Lofton but maggs grounded into that DP. That was 2 quick outs right there and it's very difficult to get 5 straight hits(which the Sox got 4) it was inevitable that Lofton was not gonna get the job done.
Yeah, he struggling, but its that what have ou done for me lately mentality. Just remember if not for Lofton's stellar play earlier in the year, including some clutch hits(philly game comes to mind) we'd probably be 12 games back of the Twinkies.