PDA

View Full Version : Is Frank's injury serious?...

Tragg
07-03-2002, 10:59 PM
I didn't see the game, but when Manuel pinch hits for Frank but refuses to pinch hit for Clayton or Johnson, I assume he must be injured.

Also, why didn't Biddle pitch the 9th? Why use a 5th pitcher?

Jjav829
07-03-2002, 10:59 PM
Frank was ejected for arguing balls and strikes. He wasn't injured.

Tragg
07-03-2002, 11:11 PM
He's been bitching at the umps a lot all year. Either his eye isn't what it used to be or his bat speed is slowing.
Thanks for the info.

Huisj
07-03-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
He's been bitching at the umps a lot all year. Either his eye isn't what it used to be or his bat speed is slowing.
Thanks for the info.

Those things are both possibilities, but I think it's more a matter of that it's impossible to swing a bat when a) you flail away from every pitch over the inside half and bend over at ever pitch over the outside half, and b) you hands seem to be permenently attached to your belt buckle. his swing is so outta wack it's ridiculous. he stinks.

his strikeout yesterday after a 3-0 count was the last straw for me as a frank supporter for now. he's just plain awful. he can't stay in the 3 spot.

TheBigHurt
07-04-2002, 12:07 AM
Frank is pissing me off. He better go out and earn the money hes making.

bc2k
07-04-2002, 02:46 AM
How about that at bat last weekend vs. Clement? Three breaking balls all right down the middle, with Frank not swinging at anyone of them. I tell ya, Ted Williams must have sucked.

duke of dorwood
07-04-2002, 04:00 PM
More obvious every day, he may need glasses.

RKMeibalane
07-04-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
More obvious every day, he may need glasses.

He should consider having the LASIK procedure done if he is having vision problems. He would miss one game at most.

CerberusWG
07-04-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
How about that at bat last weekend vs. Clement? Three breaking balls all right down the middle, with Frank not swinging at anyone of them. I tell ya, Ted Williams must have sucked.

Here's a little message from me:

Find a bridge, go jump off of it.

Frank missed an entire year.

Imagine Tiger Woods doesn't even practice for a year, you think he'll still be the ****? Hell no.

The numbers Frank are putting up right now are impressive because he missed a ****ing entire year. Rob Dibble brought up a great point last night on BBTN. Even though frank is hitting .245 he has 14 HR and 50 RBI. Now, if that's a bad year for a great player, that's still pretty god damn good. Also, remember last year when Frank wasn't in the lineup? Can you say 795 runs?

Frank MAKES this ****ing lineup you idiot. Maybe you should get off of Thomas' case and find someone else to bitch at, because your points are moot.

RKMeibalane
07-04-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Imagine Tiger Woods doesn't even practice for a year, you think he'll still be the ****? Hell no.

I think this fact is something people frequently overlook when discussing Frank Thomas. I'm sure most people here remember when Michael Jordan made his first return to the NBA in 1995. Although he had some great moments during that season, he was nowhere near the player everyone remembered. He had a lot of bad games, stretches where he made several bad decisions. Frank is going through a lot of the same things now.

I hope Frank meets with Hriniak during the break in order to get some things straightened out. I know he is more frustrated than anyone because of his performance.

In closing, I'm going to repeat something that many of us here at WSI have said this season: Leave Frank alone. I think he's earned the right to work through his struggles at the plate. Furthermore, it seems as though some people here have forgotten what Thomas has done in the past. I would hate to see him move on after this season and put up those numbers in say... a Boston Red Sox uniform.

rmusacch
07-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Here's a little message from me:

Find a bridge, go jump off of it.

The numbers Frank are putting up right now are impressive because he missed a ****ing entire year. Rob Dibble brought up a great point last night on BBTN. Even though frank is hitting .245 he has 14 HR and 50 RBI. Now, if that's a bad year for a great player, that's still pretty god damn good. Also, remember last year when Frank wasn't in the lineup? Can you say 795 runs?

Frank MAKES this ****ing lineup you idiot. Maybe you should get off of Thomas' case and find someone else to bitch at, because your points are moot.

Why should the Sox keep trotting out an albatross out there because he is still hurt? We have enough dead weights in the lineup. When is the last time Frank had a clutch hit? His stats looked good but he tends to pad them when it doesn't matter anymore.

RKMeibalane
07-04-2002, 06:50 PM
Frank's last clutch hit came last week against the Twins. He came up in the ninth inning of the third game of the series and singled with the bases loaded.

Kilroy
07-04-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Frank's last clutch hit came last week against the Twins. He came up in the ninth inning of the third game of the series and singled with the bases loaded.

You must have been stranded on an island with Tom Hanks over the weekend. Is your name Wilson?? Otherwise you'd remember the 2 run rocket he hit on Saturday putting the Sox in the lead. Any time there's ducks on the pond and you drive them in, that's clutch.

Huisj
07-04-2002, 11:49 PM
And any time you hit .239 from the number 3 hole in the order and strike out against crappy pitchers or hit weak foul pop-ups to the first baseman, that's not doing the team any help at all. he has been just absolutely horrible this week. . . and numerous other weeks this year. he's had some big hits here and there, but it seems like a lot of his homers and RBIs are either when they are way up or hopelessly out of the game. he is no number 3 hitter right now, why is he still in that spot?

Dadawg_77
07-05-2002, 10:23 AM
True, Frank should probally be move out of the 3rd spot, to a lessure pressure spot in the linup while he works out his swing. He stays in the lineup since he is the best option we have, for this team to do anything this year, the Sox need Frank.

oldcomiskey
07-05-2002, 10:37 AM
oh thats right everybody pile on Frank------and leave the real culprits behind--the WHOLE ENTIRE OFFENSE

bc2k
07-05-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
oh thats right everybody pile on Frank------and leave the real culprits behind--the WHOLE ENTIRE OFFENSE

The real culprits? Is Frank not part of the offense? Does Frank not bat in a very important spot in the lineup? As a DH, Buckles has more of a responsibility than the eight real baseball players who also have to spend time on their defense.

THE_HOOTER
07-06-2002, 12:02 AM
Anybody who defends thomas right now is a Homer.

Give me a break, ofer the playoffs, and seemingly ofer in clutch.

A two run homerun in the 5th inniing against the Cubs is a big hit, but I don't think that is considered clutch hitting. While it was a great hit, the amount of pop ups with runners on late in the game, and the strikeouts is ridiculous.

The fact that he has turned into a big pouter doesnt help.

Face it, Thomas is not even coming close to earning his paycheck.

Ever since Durham and lofton stopped reaching base four times a game, Thomas' numbers went down.

For some reason he just cant seem to get a hit when it counts. i think he should concentrate on getting better instead of sulking.

One thing that surprises me is he has kept his cool until recently.