PDA

View Full Version : Once again, Manuel refuses to....

Tragg
07-03-2002, 09:41 PM
pinch hit for the bottom of the order at the end of a game. Just don't want to hurt the delicate pscyhe of those 30 + year old youngsters.

voodoochile
07-03-2002, 10:10 PM
Well, he PH Sandy for Johnson and Clayton has been hot recently. From a contact standpoint, I don't see anyone on the bench who was going to out perform Clayton at that moment in time. Not because I love Royce, but because he has been putting good wood on the ball recently.

Besides, it worked, Kenny just couldn't keep the ball down...

kevingrt
07-03-2002, 10:10 PM
Who would he have pinch hit for, MJ he did for Sandy.

Why would you pinch hit Royce he's been on FIRE, En Fuego!

Tragg
07-03-2002, 10:16 PM
He pinch hit for Johnson in the 9th inning - why not the 8th, when it was improbable that his spot would come back up in the 9th? (note, I wrote my post in the 9th).

I guess you can't make moves now - but with liefer and rowand having terrible years, don't we have someone in AAA who can give us something off the bench?

Daver
07-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
He pinch hit for Johnson in the 9th inning - why not the 8th, when it was improbable that his spot would come back up in the 9th? (note, I wrote my post in the 9th).

I guess you can't make moves now - but with liefer and rowand having terrible years, don't we have someone in AAA who can give us something off the bench?

No one besides Crede is on the forty man roster,so it limits the choices.