PDA

View Full Version : Looks like there are some changes coming to the US Cellular Field experience in 2011

ewokpelts
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
http://bnewsupdate.blogspot.com/2011/02/rumors-confirmed-for-cell.html

According to this blog post, there are some changes coming to Sox games in 2011.

The lead story is the Comiskey's Grill that has been discussed ad naseum, but here are some other lil bits:

Connie's is OUT as the Pizza vendor, and replaced by DiGiorno's. Yes. THAT DiGiorno's.

Sox plan to open the new ground-level gift shop later in the season(already reported about the store's existence, but having it ready for this year is news).

Sox lost the Jim Beam sponsorship, thus the Jim Beam Club will have it's Original name back, the Home Plate Club.

Michael Jackson night - no date mentioned

Sox to install new credit card friendly registers at the specialized concession stands(not the carts). So you can buy your Polish Sausage with plastic(and possibly gift cards too). I assume the same will be with beers of the world too.

And lastly, the sox will be joining the "added value" ticket corps. Where your ticket's bar code will work as a gift card of sorts. Blog says for Season Tickets, but I assume single game tix are in the works too.

Again, this is a blogger, so not everything will happen, but I did send the link to a sox staffer I know, and he said most of that is spot on.

doublem23
02-25-2011, 02:54 PM
I didn't think they could find a pizza vendor worse than Connie's. Looks like I got taken to school.

hi im skot
02-25-2011, 02:59 PM
I didn't think they could find a pizza vendor worse than Connie's. Looks like I got taken to school.

Connie's ballpark pizza is not an accurate representation of Connie's actual pizza. But yeah, Connie's at the ballpark was awful.

ewokpelts
02-25-2011, 03:01 PM
the personal pizzas were from the actual store on archer. the stuff sold as slices i'm still not sure who made that.

russ99
02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
I hated the ballpark Connie's and I'm a fan of DiGiorno's, but they could have found some other Chicago Pizza to use, Home Run Inn would have been great.

Everything else sounds awesome. The debit card swipers making awful bank charges for the few Cell ATMs go away will make me happy.

TheOldRoman
02-25-2011, 03:19 PM
I have have eaten many different things at the Cell, but pizza is not among them. That won't change this year. I don't remember where we left off with the Polishes and brats, but who is the supplier now?

ewokpelts
02-25-2011, 03:26 PM
I have have eaten many different things at the Cell, but pizza is not among them. That won't change this year. I don't remember where we left off with the Polishes and brats, but who is the supplier now?

Brats - Bobak's

Polishes - Vienna Beef

"Premium" Hot Dog - Vienna Beef

Italian Sausage - Bobak's

DumpJerry
02-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Even though he spent only one forgettable year (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jacksmi02.shtml) with us, I'm glad the team is recognizing his contributions.

FielderJones
02-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Even though he spent only one forgettable year (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jacksmi02.shtml) with us, I'm glad the team is recognizing his contributions.

I hope a bobblehead is part of the festivities. :tongue:

yazz32
02-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Actually glad Connie's pizza is gone, the pizza at the Bullpen Bar is much better!

chisoxfanatic
02-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Actually glad Connie's pizza is gone, the pizza at the Bullpen Bar is much better!
There's pizza at the Bullpen Bar? I thought it was just burgers and fries.

DumpJerry
02-25-2011, 04:00 PM
There's pizza at the Bullpen Bar? I thought it was just burgers and fries.
You should come to a Sox game some time. There's been pizzas and other food items for years in the BSB.

DumpJerry
02-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Agreed.

g0g0
02-25-2011, 04:06 PM

Do children get in free?

chisoxfanatic
02-25-2011, 04:10 PM
You should come to a Sox game some time. There's been pizzas and other food items for years in the BSB.
Ummm, I DO go to games, smartass...I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have been to the BSB (I've only actually eaten there once, several years ago, and don't recall seeing pizza on the menu)...I usually just stay in the seating area.

ewokpelts
02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
the bullpen bar pizza tastes like jewel brand frozen pizza. nothing special

skobabe8
02-25-2011, 05:17 PM
The Bullpen food is superior to the rest of the ballpark food IMO.

I'm really looking forward to Comiskey Park Grill. Especially if its true that it wont be terribly expensive.

ewokpelts
02-25-2011, 05:19 PM

I'm really looking forward to Comiskey Park Grill. Especially if its true that it wont be terribly expensive.obviously you have not enjoyed the parts of the park where Levy is the concessionaire.

kittle42
02-25-2011, 05:22 PM

Zing!

Foulke You
02-25-2011, 05:23 PM
obviously you have not enjoyed the parts of the park where Levy is the concessionaire.
I'm a fan of the club level concessions. Is that done by Levy?

skobabe8
02-25-2011, 05:23 PM
obviously you have not enjoyed the parts of the park where Levy is the concessionaire.

Aren't they everywhere? Or are they 300 level? I dont know if I have or not.

Brian26
02-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Levy is 300 and Scout seats. Yes, they are much better than SportsServices.

MarkZ35
02-25-2011, 06:32 PM
do children get in free?
zing

skobabe8
02-25-2011, 06:38 PM

Allright so Ive been to the 300 level twice and scout seats once. And yes, the food there is way better.

LongLiveFisk
02-25-2011, 06:38 PM

Yes. There is some really good stuff. I recommend the chicken breast sandwich because the chicken breast is about an inch and a half thick.

chisoxfanatic
02-25-2011, 07:01 PM

I'm really looking forward to Comiskey Park Grill. Especially if its true that it wont be terribly expensive.
Has it been announced if people can bring food from that restaurant into the ballpark? I haven't personally seen any mention of that.
I've only sat in the Club Level one time, but I noticed that a lot of the selections there were pretty unique in comparison to the rest of the ballpark. That Skyline bar up there has a cool view...I'm thinking on going on StubHub to see if I can get a cheaper ticket. Is there anything anyone would suggest (note I'm not a hot dog girl, but I do like burgers, chicken burgers, deli sandwiches, and pizza)?

skobabe8
02-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Has it been announced if people can bring food from that restaurant into the ballpark? I haven't personally seen any mention of that.

What do you mean? Like leftovers?

chisoxfanatic
02-25-2011, 07:56 PM
What do you mean? Like leftovers?
Yes. That would be cool if it were allowed.

palehosepub
02-25-2011, 08:53 PM

I've only sat in the Club Level one time, but I noticed that a lot of the selections there were pretty unique in comparison to the rest of the ballpark. That Skyline bar up there has a cool view...I'm thinking on going on StubHub to see if I can get a cheaper ticket. Is there anything anyone would suggest (note I'm not a hot dog girl, but I do like burgers, chicken burgers, deli sandwiches, and pizza)?

Other than Stubhub you might try some half price Mondays for the Club Level exoerience. I have my seats in sec 123 but I havent been to the Club level in many years so I picked up a couple of extra games on half price mondays and got decent (sec 350 row 3) seats for $26.50 plus ticketbastard fees. Just a thought.

chisoxfanatic
02-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Other than Stubhub you might try some half price Mondays for the Club Level exoerience. I have my seats in sec 123 but I havent been to the Club level in many years so I picked up a couple of extra games on half price mondays and got decent (sec 350 row 3) seats for $26.50 plus ticketbastard fees. Just a thought.
Do they also sell Club Level tickets at the box office for Half Price Mondays? I hate to pay Ticketbastard if I don't have to, so I try to get all of my tickets at the ticket window if I can help it.

Harry Potter
02-25-2011, 08:59 PM
http://bnewsupdate.blogspot.com/2011/02/rumors-confirmed-for-cell.html

The lead story is the Comiskey's Grill that has been discussed ad naseum, but here are some other lil bits

It appears that Comiskey's Bar and Grill has been changed to Comiskey Park Grill.

I heard from someone in the know last week that Reinsdorf apparently wasn't completely thrilled with "Bar and Grill".

Perhaps that led to this name change.

Viva Medias B's
02-25-2011, 09:02 PM
With the store that is intended to be open all year round, are they trying to compete with Grandstand?

DrCrawdad
02-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Do children get in free?

Well played my friend. Well played.

zing

Zing indeed.

soxlady8
02-25-2011, 10:22 PM
I totally enjoy the Pizza at Connies on Archer .
The pizza from Connies at US Cell was terrible.
I will not be sad to see it gone !

Brian26
02-25-2011, 11:14 PM
With the store that is intended to be open all year round, are they trying to compete with Grandstand?

Grandstand has a unique relationship with the Sox. I'm not sure they're really "competition". They even accept Sox gift cards there.

DumpJerry
02-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Do they also sell Club Level tickets at the box office for Half Price Mondays? I hate to pay Ticketbastard if I don't have to, so I try to get all of my tickets at the ticket window if I can help it.
You live mere blocks from the stadium. Why not walk over there on a Saturday and ask what they have?

GoGoCrede
02-25-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm gonna miss Connie's. I know, I know, I have ****ty taste in pizza.

chisoxfanatic
02-26-2011, 12:22 AM
You're not from Chicago, so you're forgiven.

Viva Medias B's
02-26-2011, 12:43 AM

IIRC, the White Sox pizza was pretty good in the new ballpark's early years. It was in house and not Connie's, right?

FreeBuck12
02-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Im from Peoria and only get to go to about 10 sox games a year.... now living in Vegas it'll dwindle even more to 1-2 *hopefully* and the only thing I've ever eaten since I was... well.... old enough to remember, are Vienna beef hot dogs with extra grilled onions and mustard (dad taught me long ago to wait til the 3rd at least bc thats when the onions have been on the grill at an "acceptable amount of time" hahaha)

Anyways, why did they lose their sponsorship with the jim beam club? Last year they gave tons of free tickets to members of the media, etc to promote the club so I wonder if that had something to do with its impending death, if you will.... but does anyone know why?

sorry if i missed a post somewhere that explains it :smile:

chisoxfanatic
02-26-2011, 01:49 AM
IIRC, the White Sox pizza was pretty good in the new ballpark's early years. It was in house and not Connie's, right?
The ballpark's food in general was much better in the mid-90s than any other time I remember, at least in my opinion.
Anyways, why did they lose their sponsorship with the jim beam club? Last year they gave tons of free tickets to members of the media, etc to promote the club so I wonder if that had something to do with its impending death, if you will.... but does anyone know why?
My only explanation would be that it has to do with the sponsor's (in this case, Jim Beam) annual budget, and the sponsorship not falling under that.

FreeBuck12
02-26-2011, 01:54 AM
My only explanation would be that it has to do with the sponsor's (in this case, Jim Beam) annual budget, and the sponsorship not falling under that.

Thanks! makes sense! :smile:

SoxxoS
02-27-2011, 01:31 PM

sorry if i missed a post somewhere that explains it :smile:

Jim Beam is part of Beam Global which is a part of Fortune Brands(Titelist, Moen faucets etc)who just was torn up into separate entities - Long story short, Beam global is priming to get sold, so it wasn't in the budget.

skobabe8
02-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Has anyone seen anything about the menu at Comiskey Park Grill? I have seen where it will be affordable, but I also know what kind of prices Gibsons has.

Steaks?

Just sandwiches?

Bucky F. Dent
02-27-2011, 01:37 PM

Really, DiGornos!?! Just thinking about it makes me sick.:(:

RealFan
02-27-2011, 01:41 PM
I can't remember for sure but I thought at least Fenway Park and maybe Busch in STL also have DiGiornos... Can anyone confirm? It's been a couple of years since I last visited those parks.

skobabe8
02-27-2011, 01:59 PM

The reason I liked Connies was because it was unique to USCF. I didnt it eat it much, but at least it was 'Chicago' and it usually looked pretty good. DiGornos seems so 'grocery store generic' to me.

Its embarrassing to not have good Chicago pizza sold at the park. Someone mentioned Home Run Inn. That would be great.

skobabe8
02-27-2011, 02:01 PM
I can't remember for sure but I thought at least Fenway Park and maybe Busch in STL also have DiGiornos... Can anyone confirm? It's been a couple of years since I last visited those parks.

Most places have way crappier pizza than Connies. Comerica has Little Caesars.

MARTINMVP
02-27-2011, 02:50 PM
ummm, i do go to games, smartass...i can probably count on one hand the number of times i have been to the bsb (i've only actually eaten there once, several years ago, and don't recall seeing pizza on the menu)...i usually just stay in the seating area.

+ 1

Lamp81
02-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Most places have way crappier pizza than Connies. Comerica has Little Caesars.

Considering their owner founded Little Caesars, that make sense. They at least have a good reason for their crappy pizza offering.

Another fun fact about the Tigers is that their former owner was the founder of Domino's.

In a way Digiorno is a "local" pizza, as it is a product of the Kraft Corporation, headquartered in the Chicago area. Does Kraft have any other relationships with the White Sox?

Gavin
02-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Damn, Home Run Inn would have been so awesome. I grew up in NC but damn, when that pizza finally came to stores in the early 2000s my family was all over it. That USCF is going with DiGiornio's is kind of pathetic, though I really don't know how difficult it might be to be the "official" pizza at a place like USCF.

dickallen15
02-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Has anyone seen anything about the menu at Comiskey Park Grill? I have seen where it will be affordable, but I also know what kind of prices Gibsons has.

Steaks?

Just sandwiches?

Considering its located at a place with $5 hot dogs and beers that are over $7, I believe "affordable" is being used as a relative term. I'm usually in the club level and I will say, while expensive, the Levy food isn't really any more expensive than the Sportservice stuff and its much higher quality. They actually have real burgers. The polish is $7-8 but its a footlong. Hopefully the new place will be along those lines.

rdwj
02-27-2011, 08:02 PM

Awful choice. I rarely eat at the park anyway, so it doesn't matter too much, but since Chicago is the pizza capital of the world, we should have a better representative.

beasly213
02-27-2011, 11:18 PM
I stink with the hotdogs and grilled onions off the grill, and the Ultimate Nachos stand was pretty sweet. 8 bucks and it filled me up for the whole game.

Like others said I never get the pizza so it doesn't matter what's served there. I do like that some of the stands will take plastic now. I rarely carry cash on me so that will be convenient.

I can't wait for the home opener!

Big Hurt so good
02-28-2011, 05:04 AM

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Jerko
02-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Bring back the pizza from the old park. A square piece of something in a greasy white box. Good stuff.

doublem23
02-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Considering their owner founded Little Caesars, that make sense. They at least have a good reason for their crappy pizza offering.

Another fun fact about the Tigers is that their former owner was the founder of Domino's.

In a way Digiorno is a "local" pizza, as it is a product of the Kraft Corporation, headquartered in the Chicago area. Does Kraft have any other relationships with the White Sox?

I think Kraft sold DiGornio to Nestle not too long ago.

Cat Thief
02-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I won't miss the pizza but I will miss the race that we always wager on.

Lamp81
02-28-2011, 11:05 AM
I think Kraft sold DiGornio to Nestle not too long ago.

If that's the case, how dare they sell this Swiss pizza to us watching America's pastime.

I never get the pizza anyway. I am always filled up on the grilled dogs and churros.

doublem23
02-28-2011, 11:08 AM
If that's the case, how dare they sell this Swiss pizza to us watching America's pastime.

I never get the pizza anyway. I am always filled up on the grilled dogs and churros.

I never get the pizza either, I usually stick to the dogs, polish, or the nacho carts now, but, I don't know, it'd be nice if it were even an option.

I'd at least like to think Chicago could be represented by something a little classier than DiGiornio's. That'd be like the Braves only having generic brand cola on tap. It's just not right.

TheCommander
03-01-2011, 02:24 AM
If they are going to have a "store" brand, I would rather it be this:

http://www.bloomingtonneeds.com/images/tombstone_pepperoni&sausage.jpg

soxgirl617
03-01-2011, 09:15 AM
I am interested that people seem to think that the food on the club level is better. I'm a season ticketholder in the club level, and we have been complaining for several seasons that the quality of the food has really declined. A number of people in our area actually go downstairs to get elotes, hot dogs with grilled onions, etc.

Perhaps it's just the "grass is always greener" syndrome: we all want what we don't have easy access to!

LongLiveFisk
03-01-2011, 09:47 AM
If they are going to have a "store" brand, I would rather it be this:

http://www.bloomingtonneeds.com/images/tombstone_pepperoni&sausage.jpg

I love the Garlic crust, personally. :D:

Home Run Inn frozen is pretty good too.

Boondock Saint
03-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I never get the pizza either, I usually stick to the dogs, polish, or the nacho carts now, but, I don't know, it'd be nice if it were even an option.

I'd at least like to think Chicago could be represented by something a little classier than DiGiornio's. That'd be like the Braves only having generic brand cola on tap. It's just not right.

Gospel.

ewokpelts
03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I am interested that people seem to think that the food on the club level is better. I'm a season ticketholder in the club level, and we have been complaining for several seasons that the quality of the food has really declined. A number of people in our area actually go downstairs to get elotes, hot dogs with grilled onions, etc.

Perhaps it's just the "grass is always greener" syndrome: we all want what we don't have easy access to!almost ALL of the new food offerings at the cell have been club level and other premium seating areas. like the 2 foot meatball sub.

SephClone89
03-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Any chance the Sox will ever get actual Italian beef one of these days?

I had one a few years ago and it was the worst ballpark food experience I've had.

ewokpelts
03-01-2011, 12:49 PM

I had one a few years ago and it was the worst ballpark food experience I've had.like, from italy?

VMSNS
03-01-2011, 12:52 PM

I had one a few years ago and it was the worst ballpark food experience I've had.

...have you ever been to Wrigley?

doublem23
03-01-2011, 12:53 PM

Nothing like a cold hot dog in a rock hard bun!

ewokpelts
03-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Nothing like a cold hot dog in a rock hard bun!that is bad on many levels

TheOldRoman
03-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Nothing like a cold hot dog in a rock hard bun!I don't know... I particularly liked the overcooked bratwurst, with no sauerkraut, in a bun mashed into the shape of the inside of someone's fist.

SephClone89
03-01-2011, 01:17 PM
like, from italy?

Like, from Chicago.

Bobby Thigpen
03-01-2011, 01:20 PM
like, from italy?
They have no idea what an Italian beef sandwich is in Italy.

DumpJerry
03-01-2011, 01:37 PM

:scratch:
I've had the Italian Beef sandwiches many times at Comiskey and they always stayed down. Pretty good sandwich, too, for the setting.

DumpJerry
03-01-2011, 01:37 PM
They have no idea what an Italian beef sandwich is in Italy.
They are a Chicago thing.

SephClone89
03-01-2011, 02:41 PM
:scratch:
I've had the Italian Beef sandwiches many times at Comiskey and they always stayed down. Pretty good sandwich, too, for the setting.

Mine was awful. It was dry, the meat was crappy, and the sweet peppers were hard and tasteless.

LongLiveFisk
03-01-2011, 02:49 PM

The chocolate ice cream was good, that's about all I can remember.

Of course I haven't been there since 1996.

C-Dawg
03-01-2011, 03:02 PM
I am interested that people seem to think that the food on the club level is better. I'm a season ticketholder in the club level, and we have been complaining for several seasons that the quality of the food has really declined.

I've only been to the club level three times but have come away unimpressed by the food there. Stuff was cold, or didn't seem fresh. At the time, however, I blamed myself; I tend to get into the ballpark as soon as the gates open and I get my food within the first half hour or so. The food in the club level just might not have the same fast "turnover rate" as it does downstairs.

tacosalbarojas
03-03-2011, 01:25 AM
+ 1The Bullpen Sports Bar indeed has pizza and the food there is damn good IMO. I am not totally sure if it was Connie's there. I thought it was, but may not have been. Either way, it's good, as is their fried chicken, mot sticks, chili and other appetizers.

WhiffleBall
03-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Italian beef was invented in Chicago's Little Italy by Italian immigrants on a very tight budget trying to feed as many people as possible at weddings. The Italian beef at the ballpark is not terrible but it is not good either. For something that was invented only a few miles from the ballpark they could do better. Let Al's, mr beef, pops, portillos, or buono beef set up a small stand and you would have block long lines.

The worst food I have ever eaten at the cell was a steak sandwich from one of the concession stands behind home plate. A rock hard cold rectangle of something that looked like meat on a hard bun with nothing else on it. It cost a lot and I ended up throwing it away after two bites.

I get sick of ballpark food pretty quickly. I'd much rather go to Schaller's or now the conveniently located and quite good Turtle's to eat beforehand then pay the skyhigh prices for mostly mediocre food in the park. The only exception being the polish, kosher dogs, and brats but then there is the bun issue. They can put a man on the moon but they can't figure out a way to keep the sausage buns from getting cold and hard for 9 innings.

Jerko
03-03-2011, 10:50 AM
I would like to get a sausage sandwich on something other than a hot dog bun.

havelj
03-10-2011, 12:50 PM
I recorded a video going by there yesterday on Metra SW Service. It's not the best quality, but might help some of you from out of town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM06RBZV8Wo

TomBradley72
03-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Overall the quality and variety of food at the ballpark has dropped significantly from the days when the White Sox had a reputation for offering some of the best variety/quality in MLB.

Over the past few years- I'd say just about every one of the "newer" ballparks I've been to (Miller, Comerica, Indians, Pirates, Giants) do a better job than the White Sox- better food, more variety and a better link to "local" restaurants/menus that are unique to the local city.

They've really blown it in this area IMHO. It's shame they can't make into a "permanent" Taste of Chicago- italian beef from Johnies, pizza from Gino's East (or whatever), etc.

Instead- we get generic "Sportservice" crap served up my mostly apathetic employees.

ewokpelts
03-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Looks like Connie's also drop thier Cubs sponsorship. I got a copy of thier newest menu, and the sox and cubs logos(actually sox and WRIGLEY FIELD) were nowhere to be seen.

dickallen15
03-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Overall the quality and variety of food at the ballpark has dropped significantly from the days when the White Sox had a reputation for offering some of the best variety/quality in MLB.

Over the past few years- I'd say just about every one of the "newer" ballparks I've been to (Miller, Comerica, Indians, Pirates, Giants) do a better job than the White Sox- better food, more variety and a better link to "local" restaurants/menus that are unique to the local city.

They've really blown it in this area IMHO. It's shame they can't make into a "permanent" Taste of Chicago- italian beef from Johnies, pizza from Gino's East (or whatever), etc.

Instead- we get generic "Sportservice" crap served up my mostly apathetic employees.
I do agree. The pace in which the Sportservice employees work the concession stands to serve up subpar items, should be embarrassing. They make it seem like anyone ordering anything is bothering them.

Red Barchetta
03-10-2011, 04:02 PM

I agree. I noticed that the last few times I visited the park. I would love to see a real Taste of Chicago theme, however it's all about the $$$.

DonnieDarko
03-10-2011, 04:04 PM
From someone that has actually worked for Sportservice...let me just say that the work is much harder than you think. It's not skilled labor, of course, but that doesn't mean that it's easy by any stretch of the imagination. Out the foodservice and customer service jobs I've worked, Sportservice was the hardest and by FAR lousiest of them.

Of course, it didn't help that my boss and 90% of his underlings were total *******s, but I digress. Part of the reason why the workers aren't as nice as you may like them to be is because of the environment that they have to work in. Not so much the customers (though I do remember in my time some really bad ones), but the job itself and the pressures involved. It's cause of me knowing what it's like to work there that I tip the cashiers all most all the time. It's also why I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't expect anyone who hasn't worked a day of their life in retail or foodservice to understand, and I accept that. It's really something that you have no appreciation for unless you've actually done it (and of course, there are always exceptions to that).

MARTINMVP
03-10-2011, 10:00 PM
From someone that has actually worked for Sportservice...let me just say that the work is much harder than you think. It's not skilled labor, of course, but that doesn't mean that it's easy by any stretch of the imagination. Out the foodservice and customer service jobs I've worked, Sportservice was the hardest and by FAR lousiest of them.

Of course, it didn't help that my boss and 90% of his underlings were total *******s, but I digress. Part of the reason why the workers aren't as nice as you may like them to be is because of the environment that they have to work in. Not so much the customers (though I do remember in my time some really bad ones), but the job itself and the pressures involved. It's cause of me knowing what it's like to work there that I tip the cashiers all most all the time. It's also why I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't expect anyone who hasn't worked a day of their life in retail or foodservice to understand, and I accept that. It's really something that you have no appreciation for unless you've actually done it (and of course, there are always exceptions to that).

It's hard to be nice to customers when morale is low and the bosses are treating you like ****.

I've typically found the concession workers at the Cell to be nice. Maybe I've been lucky.

The Immigrant
03-10-2011, 10:17 PM
I've typically found the concession workers at the Cell to be nice. Maybe I've been lucky.

Same here. They are decent people working for very little money. Sorry if I'm not offended that they lack a pep in their step when getting someone a hot dog.

Dub25
03-11-2011, 01:14 AM

Actually, I hated Connie's mostly dough pie so I will take the frozen brand version with a little more ingredients.

Dub25
03-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Brats - Bobak's

Polishes - Vienna Beef

"Premium" Hot Dog - Vienna Beef

Italian Sausage - Bobak's

Bobak's creeps me out after learning what the other brother was doing a few years ago...

TomBradley72
03-11-2011, 08:33 AM

I was only stating from a customer perspective and the contrast to what I experienced at other ballparks- not necessarily "blaming" the individuals. And there are some very nice employees in that area- I always tip when I find one.

I've had jobs like that- they're not fun- especially if the facility or management are mediocre-but when you visit multiple ballparks in a short period of time- the low quality of the food and the low quality of the service really stand out.

ewokpelts
03-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Bobak's creeps me out after learning what the other brother was doing a few years ago...i know there was a feud about money. it actually affected my wedding.(we had our reception at a hall that WAS owned by one of the bobak daughters, and the food was to be catered by the restaurant. by the time the wedding actually happened, it changed ownership as a result of the dispute.) anything else, i dont know.