PDA

View Full Version : Appreciating Todd Ritchie

kermittheefrog
07-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Appreciating how horrible he's been that is. The only pitcher in the majors who has given up more runs is Mike Hampton. Ritchie just slid into the Baseball Prospectus' worst 10 starters in baseball with his last outting. Joining fellow stiffs like Hampton, Paul Abbott, Andy Benes and Steve Sparks. All these guys have been sucessful pitchers at some point in their careers. Power to the veterans.

Jerry_Manuel
07-04-2002, 12:27 AM
Phil? Phil Rogers is that you? :D:

Hopefully he'll turn it around and finish at .500 or a game under.

TornLabrum
07-04-2002, 01:40 AM
Hopefully he'll turn it around and finish at .500 or a game under.

And hopefully Wells, Fogg, and Lowe will collectively turn it around and collectively finish at .500 or a game under so Lenny doesn't come off looking like a first-class moron. :angry:

GASHWOUND
07-04-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Appreciating how horrible he's been that is. The only pitcher in the majors who has given up more runs is Mike Hampton. Ritchie just slid into the Baseball Prospectus' worst 10 starters in baseball with his last outting. Joining fellow stiffs like Hampton, Paul Abbott, Andy Benes and Steve Sparks. All these guys have been sucessful pitchers at some point in their careers. Power to the veterans.

Well, look at it this way..a leasts he's not making 15 million a year like one of the pitchers you named up there.

or is it 17 mill a year..not sure. Just kow its a butt load of cash

Jerry_Manuel
07-04-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
And hopefully Wells, Fogg, and Lowe will collectively turn it around and collectively finish at .500 or a game under so Lenny doesn't come off looking like a first-class moron. :angry:

I think it's to late to avoid that. As Kermit pointed out he's on pace to lose 20 games, which is awful. He's 5-10 now, if he can finish the year at 13-16 or something in that area, it won't be that awful. That's just my take on the situation.

Garrison
07-04-2002, 02:02 AM
I am sick and tired of this stupid trade debate. It's over and done with and we are stuck with Ritchie. He sucks ok? Lets try and deal with it. He pitched all right once he realized the offense wasn't going to let him blow it for once. He tried his best to lose, but he got support. Maybe with more of it he'll turn things around. But he still isn't pitching well even though he was early on this year. 8 of his last 10 starts have been losses which stinks. Especially when the whole staff seems to be struggling. I hope we can do something about it, but bitching about the Pirates staff doing well isn't going to help us any. We can't trade back or anything. Just deal with it.