PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Faust CD?

CWSpalehoseCWS
02-21-2011, 02:44 AM
Hopefully this is in the right forum section, if not, I apologize. Does anyone know if there is a way to buy Nancy Faust recordings of some of her more memorable songs on the south-side ("Na Na Hey Hey")? I keep searching on the internet but I can't find anything. I'm surprised nothing was released considering her retirement, or maybe I missed it. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

skobabe8
02-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Hopefully this is in the right forum section, if not, I apologize. Does anyone know if there is a way to buy Nancy Faust recordings of some of her more memorable songs on the south-side ("Na Na Hey Hey")? I keep searching on the internet but I can't find anything. I'm surprised nothing was released considering her retirement, or maybe I missed it. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I purchased a cassette tape of her greatest hits maybe 5 or 6 years ago at Soxfest. Id make you a copy if I owned a tape player.

dickallen15
02-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Interesting they still haven't officially announced her replacement.

Viva Medias B's
02-21-2011, 10:19 AM

Is there going to be a replacement?

DumpJerry
02-21-2011, 10:44 AM

What's the rush? It's not like the person needs to get in shape with Spring Training. They will make the announcement in the run-up to Opening Day to build excitement for the new season.

Is there going to be a replacement?
From all indications there will be one. Nancy really did retire and won't be back.

dickallen15
02-21-2011, 10:55 AM
What's the rush? It's not like the person needs to get in shape with Spring Training. They will make the announcement in the run-up to Opening Day to build excitement for the new season.

From all indications there will be one. Nancy really did retire and won't be back.

On the flip side, if you have someone, what's the secret. If the organ player is condusive to selling tickets, wouldn't you want to name him/her ASAP? If it is Pellico which has been rumored for at least 3 months, I don't see what the hold up is for making it public.

Fenway
02-21-2011, 11:08 AM

here ya go

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/SoxSounds.htm

scroll down

DumpJerry
02-21-2011, 11:34 AM
On the flip side, if you have someone, what's the secret. If the organ player is condusive to selling tickets, wouldn't you want to name him/her ASAP? If it is Pellico which has been rumored for at least 3 months, I don't see what the hold up is for making it public.
Who buys tickets to a baseball game because of the Organist? People buy the tickets to see a baseball game. Other than Blackhawk fans, who in this town would be overly familiar with Pellico's name? Nobody knew who Nancy was when she was hired.

dickallen15
02-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Who buys tickets to a baseball game because of the Organist? People buy the tickets to see a baseball game. Other than Blackhawk fans, who in this town would be overly familiar with Pellico's name? Nobody knew who Nancy was when she was hired.
That's right, so why not just announce who it is? You mentioned the build up to opening day.

RadioheadRocks
02-21-2011, 06:04 PM
I don't think she ever had a CD issued, but I have two recordings:

vinyl album: "Nancy Faust Presents Crowd Pleasing Favorites" - got this at the ballpark back in 1985. Songs include:

Chicago
Forever in Blue Jeans
Take Me Out to the Ball Game
Roll Out the Barrel
Shoop Shoop Song
After the Love Has Gone
Hooked On Classics
Rosanna
Morning Train
College Fight Song Medley
Abracadabra
Nothing From Nothing
Change of Pitchers March
Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
Runaround Sue
Fame

The other is a cassette, "Nancy Faust's Favorites". I bought this at the gift shop in the new ballpark around 1995 or so. My copy is put away in a box somewhere so I don't have the track listing.

esbrechtel
02-22-2011, 10:11 AM
I thought there were MP3s somewhere on this very website...

Kiss Him Goodbye, Run-Around Sue, and Take Me Out to the Ball Game. I remember downloading them to put them in MLB the Show....

EDIT: here it is, scroll down the page a bit....

TDog
02-22-2011, 05:33 PM

The organist is part of the atmosphere. There are teams that sell their atmosphere along with their baseball. There are people who post here that insist the White Sox should improve their atmosphere.

But I have typed the very same thing as you opened with there in responding to people posting displeasure that there is no Chicago skyline view from the seats at the Cell. In truth, though, having to hear recorded music when people come up to the plate makes me less excited to attend baseball games. I don't know that I would attend less games if I lived in Chicago area, though. As it is now, I suffer the atmosphere of Oakland to see the Sox infrequently.

I always assumed that when Nancy Faust retired, the Sox would do away with the live organist altogether rendering White Sox games appreciably less fun.

CWSpalehoseCWS
02-22-2011, 06:15 PM
I thought there were MP3s somewhere on this very website...

Kiss Him Goodbye, Run-Around Sue, and Take Me Out to the Ball Game. I remember downloading them to put them in MLB the Show....

EDIT: here it is, scroll down the page a bit....

I tried those, but they are .rm files not mp3, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. How where you able to put them on your PS3?

FielderJones
02-22-2011, 11:03 PM
I tried those, but they are .rm files not mp3, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. How where you able to put them on your PS3?

http://www.rm-mp3.org/

CWSpalehoseCWS
02-23-2011, 01:19 AM
http://www.rm-mp3.org/

Thank you good sir. I never even thought of that. It worked like a charm.