PDA

View Full Version : What's Butter's stauts?

Viva Magglio
07-03-2002, 10:37 AM
Injured? I haven't heard about any Butter Bombings lately.

Randar68
07-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Injured? I haven't heard about any Butter Bombings lately.

Still getting hammered at AAA. Not as bad as before, but still not pitching all that well.

34 Inch Stick
07-03-2002, 11:57 AM
Call me crazy (not all at once), but I think Parque is going to be on the major league roster next year.

duke of dorwood
07-03-2002, 12:23 PM
Just as a technicallity. As long as KW is here, he wont see the 25 man ML team.

doublem23
07-03-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Just as a technicallity. As long as KW is here, he wont see the 25 man ML team.

Thank God!

raul12
07-03-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Call me crazy (not all at once), but I think Parque is going to be on the major league roster next year.

you're crazy. even if butter pitched lights out--he'd still get sent back to AAA or traded for someone. KW showed that he's way too damn arrogant to let things like this slip by. for example--sean lowe. did nothing but do everything JM asked of him--spot starter, long reliever, etc. in the 2000 alcs--pitched well like the other starters. then he gets dealt. why? just b/c. butter will be the same way.

Chisoxfn
07-03-2002, 03:44 PM
Rave all you want about Lowe, but it isn't like he's hitting it off with the Pirates. The guy is an average middle reliever nothing more. He was always liked with the Sox, but it wasn't as if he was a top setup-man or anything like that. He stuck out last year because our bullpen was so banged up and atrocious.

As far as Parque goes. He just came back from an injury but before that he was pitching rather well down in AAA and KW said he had taken notice but that he still needed to see a little more consistency out of Jim. In his first start back he didn't do too great, but he is still doing a lot better then when he first game back. Guys, this guy could help our team in a month-to-month and a half. If he can get healthy, he is about the only guy on our roster that is capable of taking over the 5th starter spot from Glover(Unless JM decides to put Biddle their, but he's been pretty solid in the pen). Jim alwasy was a decent pitcher for us who kept us in the game and got wins. Right now, give him another month to get recovered and I'd think we may see him up here.

kermittheefrog
07-03-2002, 03:53 PM
Parque may be less horrible lately but he's still got a 7.62 ERA and is second in the IL in home runs allowed.

Jerry_Manuel
07-03-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Parque may be less horrible lately but he's still got a 7.62 ERA and is second in the IL in home runs allowed.

So his status is that he's still bad. Check.

Daver
07-03-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

So his status is that he's still bad. Check.

Melted Butter so to speak.........

baggio202
07-04-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Rave all you want about Lowe, but it isn't like he's hitting it off with the Pirates. The guy is an average middle reliever nothing more. He was always liked with the Sox, but it wasn't as if he was a top setup-man or anything like that. He stuck out last year because our bullpen was so banged up and atrocious.

As far as Parque goes. He just came back from an injury but before that he was pitching rather well down in AAA and KW said he had taken notice but that he still needed to see a little more consistency out of Jim. In his first start back he didn't do too great, but he is still doing a lot better then when he first game back. Guys, this guy could help our team in a month-to-month and a half. If he can get healthy, he is about the only guy on our roster that is capable of taking over the 5th starter spot from Glover(Unless JM decides to put Biddle their, but he's been pretty solid in the pen). Jim alwasy was a decent pitcher for us who kept us in the game and got wins. Right now, give him another month to get recovered and I'd think we may see him up here.

actually lowe has been pitching his ass for the pirates the last month...2.08 era in june and just went 4.1 and gave up 1 the night ritchie pitched....his era is now with a few points of ritchie's...he will be passing up todd sometime next week if the current trends between the two continue

guillen4life13
07-04-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by raul12

you're crazy. even if butter pitched lights out--he'd still get sent back to AAA or traded for someone. KW showed that he's way too damn arrogant to let things like this slip by. for example--sean lowe. did nothing but do everything JM asked of him--spot starter, long reliever, etc. in the 2000 alcs--pitched well like the other starters. then he gets dealt. why? just b/c. butter will be the same way.

alds. we didnt get 2 the alcs