PDA

View Full Version : Pods moving to the North Side

JermaineDye05
02-16-2011, 03:09 PM
No not that north side. What do you think this is, WTS? :tongue:

Link (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/02/blue-jays-sign-scott-podsednik.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

ewokpelts
02-16-2011, 03:35 PM
walked away from 2 million(and a starter job) with the dodgers for a minor league invite with the jays.

two offseasons in a row he overestimated the market for his talents

DirtySox
02-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Two offseasons in a row he overestimated the market for his talents

Indeed. He seems to mistake himself for a good baseball player.

Noneck
02-16-2011, 04:03 PM
walked away from 2 million(and a starter job) with the dodgers for a minor league invite with the jays.

two offseasons in a row he overestimated the market for his talents

If I was the Pod, I would take the agent off my Christmas card list.

soltrain21
02-16-2011, 04:05 PM
If I was the Pod, I would take the agent off my Christmas card list.

It's ultimately Pods' decision. The agent works for Pods.

Noneck
02-16-2011, 04:10 PM
It's ultimately Pods' decision. The agent works for Pods.

Off course but you expect your representation to protect your best interests, thats why they are compensated for that task.

SOXSINCE'70
02-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Off course but you expect your representation to protect your best interests, thats why they are compensated for that task.

:borass:
"Albert Pujols is worth 800 zillion dollars, i tell you. 800 zillion!!":D:

JohnnyInnsbrook
02-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Love it!!! I'll get to see him play again when I go down to Tampa for spring training!!!!

goon
02-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Indeed. He seems to mistake himself for a good baseball player.

He's been okay at the plate the last two seasons.

tstrike2000
02-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Chisoxgirl is happy Pods will still be in the AL, assuming he makes the team of course.

stevemcstud
02-16-2011, 10:14 PM
im gonna take heat for this but whatever. I would rather of had traded TCQ for a starter and have Pods in the OF for 1MM.

I'll swap the homers for the average and the speed, plus the fact hes at least a wash in the OF with Carlos defensively.

Would of been perfect to have him for a #2 hitter and we already have our 3,4,5 hitters. Plus the fact we could of gotten a starter for him and pitching would be that much better.

Pods 1MM + #5 Pitcher 2.5MM > Quentin 5.05 MM

But who knows, I could be smokin' crack.

kittle42
02-16-2011, 10:18 PM
im gonna take heat for this but whatever. I would rather of had traded TCQ for a starter and have Pods in the OF for 1MM.

I'll swap the homers for the average and the speed, plus the fact hes at least a wash in the OF with Carlos defensively.

Would of been perfect to have him for a #2 hitter and we already have our 3,4,5 hitters. Plus the fact we could of gotten a starter for him and pitching would be that much better.

Disagree.

And "would of" is not a phrase. It's would have or would've.

Noneck
02-16-2011, 10:26 PM

I assume you would have Pod in center and Rios in right. Heck I dont know, Quentin gets hurt again or plays like he did most of last year you may be right. I guess the thing about Quentin is he still has the possibility of having a huge upside because of that one year he had. Pods can only go downhill at this stage of his career.

MILTMAY5
02-17-2011, 12:16 AM
I can't say a bad word about him. He was a huge cog in the 2005 team.

Foulke You
02-17-2011, 12:30 AM

Ok, here is your heat. :cool: I will not swap the power for speed. No way would I take Pods over Quentin. You are right, they are both bad at defense so why not take the guy who is going to produce at the plate? A down offensive year for Q would be a career high for Pods. Also, if you had Pierre in LF and Pods in RF, you would have one of the lightest hitting outfields in the AL, if not all of baseball. The only way I would want Pods on this team is if we didn't have Pierre already under contract. Plus, Quentin is still relatively young and capable (in theory) of another MVP type season like he had in 2008. Pods is 34 and entering the twilight of his career and his game is based entirely on his speed which tends to slow down at his age. Don't get me wrong stevemcstud, I love Scotty but I wouldn't take him over Quentin.

TheVulture
02-18-2011, 05:18 PM
It is kind of hard to believe a guy who hit .300 with about a .348 OBP over the last two years would have to settle for a minor league contract. I guess the bird in the hand maxim holds true once again.

TheVulture
02-18-2011, 05:20 PM

When you're not sure whether you've been smoking crack, that is usually a good indication you have indeed been smoking crack.

34 Inch Stick
02-21-2011, 02:55 PM

Why would you have to go through all these machinations. If Pods didn't overstate his value, he could be playing RF and the Pierre trade would not have been made.

russ99
02-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Ok, here is your heat. :cool: I will not swap the power for speed. No way would I take Pods over Quentin. You are right, they are both bad at defense so why not take the guy who is going to produce at the plate? A down offensive year for Q would be a career high for Pods. Also, if you had Pierre in LF and Pods in RF, you would have one of the lightest hitting outfields in the AL, if not all of baseball. The only way I would want Pods on this team is if we didn't have Pierre already under contract. Plus, Quentin is still relatively young and capable (in theory) of another MVP type season like he had in 2008. Pods is 34 and entering the twilight of his career and his game is based entirely on his speed which tends to slow down at his age. Don't get me wrong stevemcstud, I love Scotty but I wouldn't take him over Quentin.

If Quentin were ever healthy or not such a headcase, I'd agree with your point. And despite all the accusations of being "made of glass" around here his last 2 years with the Sox, Pods has had a few solid healthy seasons.

Preferably, I'd like a player who's athletic, can steal bases and can produce runs in RF. Maybe Mitchell can get there at some point.

#1swisher
02-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Pods has plantar fasciitis (http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/21/scott-podsednik-has-plantar-fasciitis-and-is-wearing-a-boot)

dickallen15
02-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Pods has plantar fasciitis (http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/21/scott-podsednik-has-plantar-fasciitis-and-is-wearing-a-boot)

Not good for Pods. He had it at the end of last season.

soxfanatlanta
02-22-2011, 12:59 PM

That injury is a pain in the ass; I speak from experience.

So now, he might not even make the squad - what the hell was he thinking walking away from $2 million to play in SO Cal?

:scratch:

Noneck
02-22-2011, 01:23 PM
He knew he had plantar fasciitis last year, he didnt take the 2m from LA even though his worth is based on his speed. He sounds like he has **** for brains.

#1swisher
03-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Pods will debut against the Yankees today.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110310&content_id=16890326&notebook_id=16890342&vkey=notebook_tor&c_id=tor