PDA

View Full Version : Light shed on Sox's plan for Sale?

doublem23
02-16-2011, 10:50 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/02/sale-to-work-with-soxs-starters.html

Sox announced the first workouts for Thursday's opening day of camp and Sale is in Group 1 with the rest of the starting rotation. Peavy and Charlie Leesman are also in Group 1. Philip Humber and Lucas Harrell are in Group 2.

DirtySox
02-16-2011, 10:58 AM
I don't think this is very telling. The Sox have said he has been preparing as a starter all winter and this is consistent with that. I just assume they have no problem abruptly putting him in the pen at any point in time despite his prep.

Lip Man 1
02-16-2011, 11:23 AM
I thought the notation was interesting but I still think it's so early that you can't draw anything from it yet. It hinges on Peavy, what the MRI says and what the spring plan for him is going to be.

Lip

Big Hurt so good
02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
nothing surprising here... have to build his arm strength and endurance up now for the possibility, can always go from being able to throw 6-9 innings down to 1 or 2...

if they didn't do this, then needed him to start later they'd have to send him down for a few starts to get ready for going from 1-2 innings to 6-9...