PDA

View Full Version : The Ozfather

Viva Medias B's
02-16-2011, 08:00 AM
On the back page of today's Sun-Times is a depiction of Ozzie Guillen as Vito Corleone. It's part of Cowley's story about Ozzie tolerating criticism of him but not that of his family.

Link (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/3838466-417/say-what-you-will-about-ozzie-but-dont-dare-criticize-his-family.html)

soltrain21
02-16-2011, 08:30 AM
On the back page of today's Sun-Times is a depiction of Ozzie Guillen as Vito Corleone. It's part of Cowley's story about Ozzie tolerating criticism of him but not that of his family.

Link (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/3838466-417/say-what-you-will-about-ozzie-but-dont-dare-criticize-his-family.html)

Ozzie tolerates criticism of himself? News to me.

Rocky Soprano
02-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Now if Oney, Ozzie Jr., Ozney do something wrong or deserve it, I will kick their ass myself."

If?
Ozzie should have kicked Oney's ass a long time ago.

hawkjt
02-16-2011, 08:40 AM
I thought Cowley would be moving on from his Sox/Ozzie/Oney beat,but he just has to use his special access to continue to stir the pot.

Still,it is kind of BS for Ozzie to say that he is fine with criticism of himself but not his family. Well, he is pretty sensitive to criticism,and of course Oney is very sensitive to criticism of Ozzie,so he fires back,then people criticize Oney,which gets Ozzie going.....doesn't he see the circular nature of this deal?

I like Ozzie a lot,and just want no drama with his family. I do think it is really that helpful for Ozzie to say that Oney can tweet whatever he wants, but that he asked him not to tweet about inside the clubhouse,then you bring him with you to spring training. I mean,Oney is 25,and he is still like an appendage of Ozzie and Ibis? That right there is going to generate some questions.

Oney blew a great opportunity to be a life long Sox employee,and yet Ozzie says he can do whatever he wants....it smacks of a bit of hubris.
Tired of the whole drama,so hey Cowley...let it die,willya?
And Ozzie....love ya man,but let it die,willya?
And Oney....get a life,son.

Soxfest
02-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I am quite tired of Ozzie and his kids saga. I only care what happens on the field!:angry:

cub killer
02-17-2011, 12:48 AM
They didn't have the Ozzie Corleone pic in that link. Can someone post it, please?

Viva Medias B's
02-17-2011, 08:37 AM
They didn't have the Ozzie Corleone pic in that link. Can someone post it, please?

I can't find an image of yesterday's back cover of the Sun-Times. Imagine the movie poster for "The Godfather" Replace Marlon Brando's head with Ozzie's. Then, take "The Godfather" silhouette and replace "God" with "Oz."

Meanwhile, Ozzie as a Corleone does not strike me as Vito. Ozzie as a Corleone seems more like Santino. Ozzie Jr. would be Tom Hagen. Oney would be Fredo. And Ozney would be Michael.