PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with Brian Anderson?

chisox123
02-14-2011, 03:47 PM
I remember hearing he was trying to become a pitcher with the Royals last year, did anything come of that?

eriqjaffe
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
He signed a minor league contract with the Yankees back in November.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101127&content_id=16216458&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

spawn
02-14-2011, 04:23 PM
He's going to be battling C.C.Sabathia for the #1 spot in the Yankees rotation this season. I see a Cy Young award in his future.

Nellie_Fox
02-14-2011, 04:32 PM
He's goin to be battling C.C.Sabathia for the #1 spot in the Yankees rotation this season. I see a Cy Young award in his future.They've already discussed changing the name to the Brian Anderson Award.

spawn
02-14-2011, 05:02 PM
They've already discussed changing the name to the Brian Anderson Award.

Just as well, since he's the only one worthy of winning it.

DirtySox
02-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Great thread, or greatest thread?

MtGrnwdSoxFan
02-14-2011, 05:25 PM
They've already discussed changing the name to the Brian Anderson Award.

Just as well, since he's the only one worthy of winning it.

:threadrules:

Frontman
02-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Problem is that Anderson won't meet his true potential unless they go all Greg Maddux with him and give him is own private catcher.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/images/2006/05/15/a2jLyUNf.jpg
"I'm ready to be BA's battery mate! Rock and Roll, dude!!!!!"

Boondock Saint
02-14-2011, 06:43 PM
This thread is already awesome, but it has the potential to be legendary.

bridgeportcopper
02-14-2011, 07:48 PM
The terms of his minor league contract include him receiving a monument in Monument Park upon his arrival in the Bronx.....and he gets to wear Number 6 (the only non-Jeter, non-retired single digit number the Yankees have) for the inevitable greatness!

spawn
02-14-2011, 07:56 PM
They've already made his bust for Cooperstown. He's going to break Nolan Ryan's record of 7 no-hitters...in the first two months of the season.

asindc
02-14-2011, 08:01 PM
He signed a minor league contract with the Yankees back in November.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101127&content_id=16216458&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

As I understand it, that contract allows Anderson to skip Spring Training and join the squad when he is good and goddamn ready. As Cashman was quoted as saying, "I really don't understand why the White Sox, Boston, and KC gave up this guy. He is destined to become one of the all-time greats, just based on his first season here in NY alone."

MtGrnwdSoxFan
02-14-2011, 08:03 PM
They've already made his bust for Cooperstown. He's going to break Nolan Ryan's record of 7 no-hitters...in the first two months of the season.

The third no hitter will be an 82 pitch, 27 strikeout game. He will fall victim to a dropped third strike in the fifth inning that allows the runner to get on base, but then he'll perform a behind-the-back pickoff move that freezes the runner, gets him out, turns every fan's beer into fine cognac, makes the blind see, and inspires Isiah Thomas to become the greatest GM in NBA history.

mzh
02-14-2011, 08:09 PM
They've already filled in scorecards for his opening day 27 K perfecto. However, Joe Girardi will then start someone else the second game of the year and totally trash his season.

spawn
02-14-2011, 08:10 PM
C.C. Sabathia didn't stop eating Cap'n Crunch because he wanted to lose weight. He did it because Brian Anderson TOLD him to.

asindc
02-14-2011, 08:38 PM
C.C. Sabathia didn't stop eating Cap'n Crunch because he wanted to lose weight. He did it because Brian Anderson TOLD him to.

Double score.

slavko
02-14-2011, 08:42 PM
He might outlast Freddy Garcia and Mark Prior in the hallowed pinstripes. Hey, that's serious!

Frater Perdurabo
02-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Not only will he pitch a perfect game, but he will do so by pitching from center field, as he will be covering all nine defensive positions to rest the other Yankee hitters. And, in a nod to Ozzie, he will be his own DH and be the only Yankee hitter in that game. He won't even need any ghost runners. You figure that with 24 ABs, he's sure to hit at leaast one HR, which is all you need to win a perfect game.

Bruizer
02-15-2011, 10:40 AM
He's already written his retirement speech. Something to the effect of, "I consider myself the luckiest man in the world..." The Yankees are in discussions with MGM for the movie rights, already entitled "The Proudest of the Yankees".

spawn
02-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Brian Anderson will not be inducted into the Hall of Fame...by his good graces, he will allow himself to be enshrined there, and only because they are going to open a new will called "the REAL Hall of Fame". The rest of the building will be called "The Hall of Pretty Good" because, honestly, without BA, it can't be named anything else.

Moses_Scurry
02-15-2011, 11:18 AM
His play will be so outstanding that that alone will convince Kenny to fire Ozzie. At the press conference, a teary-eyed Ozzie will admit to the world: "I should NOT have benched Brian for the second game of the season in 2006".

DumpJerry
02-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Phillies' fans are furious at how they had to settle for Cliff Lee.

TheVulture
02-15-2011, 04:30 PM
In the first game of a double header, Anderson will break Babe Adams record of most innings pitched in a game without issuing a walk by pitching 22 innings perfect innings in a 1-0 victory. The second game, start delayed until 11:30 pm, he will be the first player to hit for the cycle twice in one game. Then he will fix the team belgian waffles with strawberries for breakfast before carrying the team's luggage to the bus in a single trip.

spawn
02-15-2011, 05:15 PM
A Brian Anderson pitch is faster than a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Chuck found that out the hard way.

As for The Most Interesting Man in the World? Once he met Brian Anderson, he immediately vacated that title. He is now The Most Interested Fan in the World.

anoone
02-15-2011, 05:20 PM
The third no hitter will be an 82 pitch, 27 strikeout game. He will fall victim to a dropped third strike in the fifth inning that allows the runner to get on base, but then he'll perform a behind-the-back pickoff move that freezes the runner, gets him out, turns every fan's beer into fine cognac, makes the blind see, and inspires Isiah Thomas to become the greatest GM in NBA history.

OK, this part is just unrealistic...

Frontman
02-15-2011, 06:42 PM
A Brian Anderson pitch is faster than a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Chuck found that out the hard way.

As for The Most Interesting Man in the World? Once he met Brian Anderson, he immediately vacated that title. He is now The Most Interested Fan in the World.

Awesome.