PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Broadcast Schedule

Hitmen77
02-11-2011, 02:59 PM
I know this also appears on the Sox schedule on whitesox.com, but here is the team's official announcement of the 2011 broadcast schedule:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20110209&content_id=16603016&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

100 games on Comcast Sports Net, 30 games on WGN, and 25 games on WCIU. The remaining 7 games are network games on Fox. There are no Sox games on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball this year.

Of the 100 CSN games, 9 are scheduled to be on CSN+.

ewokpelts
02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
they typically add espn games if they are in contention

illinibk
02-11-2011, 04:31 PM
How do games on MLB network work? IIRC MLB Network does a Thursday night game or two each week. Are those generally picked the week or two before each game?

SephClone89
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM
How do games on MLB network work? IIRC MLB Network does a Thursday night game or two each week. Are those generally picked the week or two before each game?

MLBN went crazy with games last season. Thursday Night Baseball is still their only self-produced game, but they always pick up a feed for Saturday night as well.

Last season they seemed to air games three-four nights a week, and also daytime "matinee" games at least once a week. It's awesome.

ewokpelts
02-11-2011, 04:47 PM
How do games on MLB network work? IIRC MLB Network does a Thursday night game or two each week. Are those generally picked the week or two before each game?it's similar to the tbs deal. blackouts in the home market(as fans can watch on the "home" station) and national for everyone else.

there really is no limit to the # of games a team has on mlb network.

illinibk
02-11-2011, 04:55 PM
:hawk
I lovvvvve MLB Network

WhiteSoxFTW
02-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Is that WCIU number higher or lower than it's been in the past?

I really wish it was lower...or zero.

Lamp81
02-11-2011, 06:22 PM
WCIU gets 2 of the Cubs/Sox games! At least on the Sox side, I don't know if they are broadcasting any from the Cubs side.

Foulke You
02-11-2011, 06:37 PM
WCIU gets 2 of the Cubs/Sox games! At least on the Sox side, I don't know if they are broadcasting any from the Cubs side.
I'm sure the Cubs broadcasters will be on CSN those two nights. I do like how they have dual broadcasts now for the crosstown series. I used to hate it when we were forced to listen to the Cub broadcasts from the Wrigley games.

Lamp81
02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I am just surprised that WCIU gets such premium games. They usually get the Tuesday or Friday night games versus the Blue Jays or Indians.

I feel bad for the Sox fans that can't get WCIU who will have to watch the Cub side of the broadcasts on Comcast or WGN. At least they will get to see the game, though.

I used to hate WCIU games, then it was added to Directv. Then when I went HD, WCIU was still on SD, until Directv upgraded that too.