PDA

View Full Version : Tony Graffanino


Chin Music
07-02-2002, 09:59 PM
Can anyone tell me why Tony hasn't been in the lineup recently??

Daver
07-02-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Chin Music
Can anyone tell me why Tony hasn't been in the lineup recently??

Because he is a utility guy and the Sox are trying to get back on track to catch the Twins?

kermittheefrog
07-02-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by daver


Because he is a utility guy and the Sox are trying to get back on track to catch the Twins?

He'd still make a better starting shortstop than Clayton...

Chin Music
07-02-2002, 10:09 PM
I thought he had won the starting job over Clayton?

Jerry_Manuel
07-02-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Chin Music
I thought he had won the starting job over Clayton?

Royce is back.

HawkDJ
07-02-2002, 10:12 PM
It could be because Royce has raised his average from .197 to .231 in 8 games. Just a thought.

kermittheefrog
07-02-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
It could be because Royce has raised his average from .197 to .231 in 8 games. Just a thought.

I can't tell if thats sarcasm or true praise of Royce. And even if it's praise I think it's obvious it's still not saying much.

voodoochile
07-02-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Royce is back.

He is? You have way more faith than me. Still the question remains: where did he go and why did it take him so damn long to get here?

However, if he can hit .350 between now and the end of the season like last year, he is more than welcome to play SS for the Sox this season, I just hope KW doesn't do something stupid in the off season...

Heck, if he hits well enough between now and July 31st, maybe we can unload him... nah, probably not...

Jerry_Manuel
07-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
He is? You have way more faith than me. Still the question remains: where did he go and why did it take him so damn long to get here?

However, if he can hit .350 between now and the end of the season like last year, he is more than welcome to play SS for the Sox this season, I just hope KW doesn't do something stupid in the off season...


Oh yeah, he's back. Royce doesn't like the cold weather. I don't care if he hits .450 the rest of the season, he's gone. Crede at 3rd next year, it's beyond time.

Williams do something stupid? No, sir.