PDA

View Full Version : Mag's is out

mheini31
07-02-2002, 07:59 PM
Sorry to bum everyone out, but ESPN.com just reported that it's Johnny Damon in a close call with Jim Thome. Just thought I'd let everyone know. Mags came in 4th. Nice support.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/allstar02/s/2002/0702/1401633.html

doublem23
07-02-2002, 08:02 PM
Hey, we mustered more votes than Darin Erstand AND Ryan Klesko...

Eat that, SoCal!

Bucktown
07-02-2002, 08:36 PM
Here are the results:

Johnny Damon 692,989
Jim Thome 666,825
Eric Chavez 266,110
Magglio Ordonez 179,951
Darin Erstad 122,458

Internet voting is the most ridiculous thing in the world. Clearly the Thome and Damon people wrote robots to stuff the ballots.

I will never waste my time in an Internet vote, except to rig it.

Saracen
07-02-2002, 08:43 PM
How do you program a bot to enter in a randomly generated flash confirmation number? This was legit.

It's a damn shame too.

FarWestChicago
07-02-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Saracen
How do you program a bot to enter in a randomly generated flash confirmation number? This was legit. It's called screen scraping. It's easy to do with visual basic.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-02-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
It's called screen scraping. It's easy to do with visual basic.

Okay. Can we put you in charge of running this operation next year?

The Sox are counting on you. Lord knows they aren't getting all-star invitations any other way.

:)

:knue
"I hate you technogeeks!"

voodoochile
07-02-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Okay. Can we put you in charge of running this operation next year?

The Sox are counting on you. Lord knows they aren't getting all-star invitations any other way.

:)

"I hate you technogeeks!"

And here I thought I was being sophisticated when I set up a small stand-up picture frame to lean on and hold down the enter button so I could walk away and still vote when I was voting for Sox players in the great Sox Army victory from a few years ago.

Does that make me a technogeek?

PaleHoseGeorge
07-03-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

And here I thought I was being sophisticated when I set up a small stand-up picture frame to lean on and hold down the enter button so I could walk away and still vote when I was voting for Sox players in the great Sox Army victory from a few years ago.

Does that make me a technogeek?

HA! I was using the corner of a stapler. You are so unsophisticated!

And you call yourself a technogeek!

"They should outlaw picture frames and staplers to prevent mass voting from ever happening again!"

Jerry_Manuel
07-03-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
"They should outlaw picture frames and staplers to prevent mass voting from ever happening again!"

George Knue won't respond to the most recent bashing of him at WSI. Why? He says the whole voting thing is "over". He says WSI is "wasting money". He says he's "out of money". Yet, George Knue's kids go to private school, and George Knue goes to a chiropractor.

A chiropractor? No money? Yeah, right. What about the facts? Like the fact that you lost! Like the fact that you're kids are that extra kind of chubby that you just know they're gonna grow up fat! Stop trying to hide behind the Tribune, George Knue!

doublem23
07-03-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

George Knue won't respond to the most recent bashing of him at WSI. Why? He says the whole voting thing is "over". He says WSI is "wasting money". He says he's "out of money". Yet, George Knue's kids go to private school, and George Knue goes to a chiropractor.

A chiropractor? No money? Yeah, right. What about the facts? Like the fact that you lost! Like the fact that you're kids are that extra kind of chubby that you just know they're gonna grow up fat! Stop trying to hide behind the Tribune, George Knue!

What do you do? Stalk him and his children?

Spiff
07-03-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Yes and soon they will be fat enough to eat!!

Jerry_Manuel
07-03-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Yeah, I am sick! I'm sick of losers like you, George Knue!

Nellie_Fox
07-03-2002, 01:42 AM
It was nice to hear Gammons express his disgust at Maggs not making the team on Baseball Tonight. He said it should never have come to this 30th man vote, that the outfield starters should have been Ichiro, Hunter, and Maggs.

Nick@Nite
07-03-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Here are the results:

Johnny Damon 692,989
Jim Thome 666,825
Eric Chavez 266,110
Magglio Ordonez 179,951
Darin Erstad 122,458

Internet voting is the most ridiculous thing in the world. Clearly the Thome and Damon people wrote robots to stuff the ballots.

I will never waste my time in an Internet vote, except to rig it.

Well said!

Jerry_Manuel
07-03-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
It was nice to hear Gammons express his disgust at Maggs not making the team on Baseball Tonight. He said it should never have come to this 30th man vote, that the outfield starters should have been Ichiro, Hunter, and Maggs.

Manny Ramirez has no business being on the team.