PDA

View Full Version : Michael Young wants out of Texas

doublem23
02-08-2011, 09:53 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=6098059

cws05champ
02-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Mark Teahen, Greg infante, Brandon Hynick or Lucas Harrell for Young and $12M.

Clears Teahen's $10.25M off the books and with the cash coming, we get Young for 3 yrs/$26 basically. :D:

JermaineDye05
02-08-2011, 04:41 PM

Clears Teahen's $10.25M off the books and with the cash coming, we get Young for 3 yrs/$26 basically. :D:

Even if the Rangers wanted to help us out, they can't without Young's permission. Sox are not one of the 10 teams that he can be traded to without his permission. Twinkies are one of those 10 teams though unfortunately.

DirtySox
02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Do not want at all. Butcher at 3B, aging, and overpaid. The bat is nice but that is about it. Morel please.

Tragg
02-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Declining ballplayer who can't play defense for only $9 mill a year. What a deal.

BringHomeDaBacon
02-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Michael Young comes across as a real douchebag. He's vastly overpaid and the team is on the hook for a few more years yet he has the nerve to complain.

Frater Perdurabo
02-08-2011, 06:49 PM

Not a terrible idea. I like Morel, but the Sox could move Beckham back to third and put Young at second.

The lineup would be stout:

Pierre, Young, Rios, Dunn, Paulie, Quentin, AJ, Beckham, Alexei

russ99
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
The Astros may bite, if the Rangers pay some cash and/or take Carlos Lee's bloated contract.

BringHomeDaBacon
02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Not a terrible idea. I like Morel, but the Sox could move Beckham back to third and put Young at second.

The lineup would be stout:

Pierre, Young, Rios, Dunn, Paulie, Quentin, AJ, Beckham, Alexei

While I agree that the lineup would be plenty stout, I would be extremely concerned with the range that a Konerko/Young side of the infield would offer. He's got too many years left on his contract to add him to a team already covered at DH.

It'sADunnBomb
02-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Michael Young comes across as a real douchebag. He's vastly overpaid and the team is on the hook for a few more years yet he has the nerve to complain.

He was once the face of the franchise. I'd be pissed too if I were secretly being shopped around.

asindc
02-09-2011, 02:31 PM
He was once the face of the franchise. I'd be pissed too if I were secretly being shopped around.

I don't think it has been much of a secret.

Boondock Saint
02-09-2011, 02:38 PM

Don't forget being moved from 2nd to SS after the A-Rod trade, then moved from SS to 3rd to accommodate Elvis Andrus, then switched from 3rd to DH when Adrian Beltre was signed, then told to expect to split time at DH with Mike Napoli after the Rangers traded for him. The Rangers ****ed this situation up royally.

Foulke You
02-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Don't forget being moved from 2nd to SS after the A-Rod trade, then moved from SS to 3rd to accommodate Elvis Andrus, then switched from 3rd to DH when Adrian Beltre was signed, then told to expect to split time at DH with Mike Napoli after the Rangers traded for him. The Rangers ****ed this situation up royally.
Couldn't agree more.

NLaloosh
02-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I like Michael Young and he's still a good player. But, his best days are behind him and he won't be worth that contract going forward - and that's without giving up talent for him.

The Rangers will have a very hard time dealing him with that contract remaining. But, if the Blue Jays could get a team to take Vernon Wells entire contract and give up a couple of decent players then I guess anything is possible.

KMcMahon817
02-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Even if the Rangers wanted to help us out, they can't without Young's permission. Sox are not one of the 10 teams that he can be traded to without his permission. Twinkies are one of those 10 teams though unfortunately.

Good. Maybe Smith is dumb enough to trade Valencia for Young.

SephClone89
02-11-2011, 11:03 PM
G6-ks_UP988

:(: