PDA

View Full Version : The Super Bowl is OVAH...let the baseball countdown begin!!!

Viva Medias B's
02-06-2011, 11:12 PM
The National Football League's season has finally come to an end with the Green Bay Packers putting the Pittsburgh Steelers away. Now we can turn our attention to our game, America's greatest and most glorious game, the game of baseball.

Link (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110205&content_id=16582498&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb)

Xzq43kndW7U&feature=related

Red Barchetta
02-07-2011, 09:15 AM
At least the NFL season ended with a good game. (Whenever the trailing team has a chance to win the game during the closing seconds, I think it's a good game).

The 8 weeks of February/March are arguably the longest of the year for me as I'm not a huge basketball fan (pro or college), however I do enjoy March Madness and the Bulls have a good team this year to help pass the time.

Hopefully, the Blackhawks can put together some type of consistency and at least make the playoffs.

However, looking forward to the 2011 SOX and I'm hoping for a quick start out of the gate this year. I don't want to be looking up a the Twins/Tigers, etc. at the end of May. :mad:

aryzner
02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, the NFL is a nice distraction, but baseball season is where it's at.

BRING ON BASEBALL!

GoGoCrede
02-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Smell ya later, football. Welcome home, baseball. Counting down to pitchers and catchers.

MeteorsSox4367
02-07-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, the NFL is a nice distraction, but baseball season is where it's at.

BRING ON BASEBALL!

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I like football, but I love baseball.

Nice to see all the baseball preseason mags on the newsstands now. I've already spent some of my allowance on a couple, but haven't read 'em yet.

Bought my Dunn t-shirt on my way to the Super Bowl party yesterday. I'm ready for some White Sox baseball.

tstrike2000
02-08-2011, 11:22 AM
I like football, but I'm usually glad when the Super Bowl's over, especially since it goes into early February. It's a nice transition now until they start playing spring training games.

SephClone89
02-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Nice to see all the baseball preseason mags on the newsstands now. I've already spent some of my allowance on a couple, but haven't read 'em yet.

Yep. My dad has bought Street and Smith's/Sporting News every year for as long as I can remember, but obviously I'm not at home right now. So I took a gamble and picked up Athlon's preview magazine. It's pretty decent, and it has fantasy rankings.