PDA

View Full Version : If you just can't wait any longer for baseball...

Whitesox029
02-06-2011, 07:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn3/index/_/sport/baseball#
Live streams of the Caribbean Series by ESPN3. Apparently it only works for certain ISPs. I'm using AT&T and it's working ok. Commentary is in Spanish, naturally, but still, it's live baseball. As a bonus, the Black Eyed Peas will not be performing, and there are no divas butchering any anthems as far as I can tell.

Viva Medias B's
02-06-2011, 10:04 PM
This is awesome. The game is going to the top of the 8th with Puerto Rico leading Mexico 6-5.

Huisj
02-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Sweet!

Lots of interesting names that I remember from years gone by. Like Karim Garcia, who homered last inning. I still remember how disappointed my Tiger fan friends were when they got him for Luis Gonzalez, and he completely sucked while Gonzalez became a monster for Arizona.

WhiteSox5187
02-06-2011, 10:20 PM
This is the sort of thing MLB Network should be broadcasting.

Whitesox029
02-06-2011, 11:16 PM
This is the sort of thing MLB Network should be broadcasting.
They did last year, I don't know why they're not this year...they've been replaying the same edition of Hot Stove for three days.
This is awesome. The game is going to the top of the 8th with Puerto Rico leading Mexico 6-5.
Update: Puerto Rico beats Mexico by a final of 7-6. Mexico's 9th inning comeback fell just short. The aforementioned Karim Garcia, who had the game's only HR, got thrown out trying to go from 1st to 3rd on a run-scoring single in the 9th for the second out. The runner on first got 2nd on a balk but then the last hitter flew out. Very entertaining game! I always try to find a way to catch some of the Caribbean Series, and it's always the first live baseball I'm able to watch since the previous October, so it's like the equivalent of breaking out the mitt on that first 50 degree day in March.