PDA

View Full Version : For all yankmee haters

Paulwny
07-02-2002, 06:58 PM
A local station here carries wfan 660 out of NYC. spots talk show. I rarely listen since it's a Met's station and the discussion is usually about the Mets.
This afternoon the host Chris "Mad Dog" Russo went on a rant over the Mondesi trade and how George was going to kill baseball.
He received a call from Randy Levine yankees president. Levine said money was only part of the picture, the yankees have the best front office and scouting staff in baseball.
Russo--- Scouting !, How many scouts did you need to evaluate Giambi ? How about Soriano, he was playing ball in Japan at 16 everyone knew he'd be good,but you offered more money then anyone else. How many scouts for Ventura, White and now Mondesi? How many scouts were needed to evaluate, Clemens, Mussina, El Duque and Wells?
Your scouts convinced you to give Drew Henson $20 mil, he's still in the minors. How about the $4mil to Morales, is he still in baseball?
Levine-- I still believe we have the best scouting and front office in baseball.
Russo--- Any gm with a $130 mil payroll could buy a world series.
You pay Steve Karsay $5mil a year to be a set up man while most teams have trouble giving their closers $5mil.
This is ~some of the ~ 15 min discussion.
My hat is off to Chris "Mad Dog" Russo for laying on the line.

doublem23
07-02-2002, 06:59 PM
Beautiful!

Randar68
07-02-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
My hat is off to Chris "Mad Dog" Russo for laying on the line.

My new favorite radio man.

I'm still waiting for some high-profile Chicago media outlets to start destroying Sammy. Nobody has the balls because they're all afraid of the Tribune Company.

TheBigHurt
07-02-2002, 07:23 PM
Im also in NY and i love listening to these guys

Paulwny
07-02-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
Im also in NY and i love listening to these guys

The funny thing is that the radio station is carried by King George's YES cable network. I think that after this, YES may drop the station.

TheBigHurt
07-02-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

The funny thing is that the radio station is carried by King George's YES cable network. I think that after this, YES may drop the station.

wow i didnt know that.. why would george carry this station?it always been about the mets

Jerry_Manuel
07-02-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
wow i didnt know that.. why would george carry this station?it always been about the mets

Money I'm sure.

What's the worst that could happen? Mets fans call in and say "Yankees suck" or "Yankees are killing baseball". All the Yanks fans have to say is "26 World Series Titles, how many do you have"?