PDA

View Full Version : Baby's first Sox game

SpringfldFan
07-02-2002, 01:45 PM
Hi, group.

This is my first post and I have a question for you. My wife and I are bringing our new baby to see her first Sox game Saturday. We were wondering about seating arrangements. What would be the easiest and smartest way to seat her? Should we just bring her carseat in? Is it easy to maneuver a stroller in the park, and for that matter are there any restrictions on strollers? Should we buy a seat just for her to ensure we have room?

I have been to plenty of games myself, but never with a 3 month old so I would love some advice.

Thanks!

Dadawg_77
07-02-2002, 01:49 PM
With a three month old, it might best to sit in the upper deck. Cheaper, less crowded, and alot more time to respond to a bat or ball screaming into the stands. Just ask ilovemags about that.

The car would work better then a stroller, since it could easily fit on a seat.

hold2dibber
07-02-2002, 02:15 PM
We have a 16 month old and have been bringing her to games since last summer. At 3 mos old, a car seat is probably the way to go (though I can't remember for sure that they allow car seats in -- but they let strollers in, so I would guess car seats are okay too). We always bring the baby in a stroller and sit in the last row of the bleachers or grandstand somewhere and have the baby sit behind us in the handicapped section in her stroller. We have never had anyone object to our doing so (we've probably done this at 6-8 games). Of course, w/a 3 month old, you could probably just bring one of those fold-up strollers and put that down under your seats and have her sit on your lap. But strollers are pretty easy to move around in the park and they definitely are allowed. Hopefully that's helpful.

Welcome to WSI!

chisoxt
07-02-2002, 02:17 PM
With a three month old, it might best to sit in the upper deck. Cheaper, less crowded, and alot more time to respond to a bat or ball screaming into the stand

I disagree. The best thing to do is get two seats in the left or right field corner. (Right field is best as it is out of the sun for the most part. The seats in this location are more expensive and do not have the greatest site llines, and they seem to sell out last. so there is a chance that you can put your car seat in an open seat next to you. The advantage of this location is that you can then stroll the baby on the outfield concourse. Also, in the right field corner, there is a family restroom which has a diaper changing table. The hassle with this is that it is a locked restroom and you have to find an attendant with a key.

Don't mess with the upper deck. I don't mind sitting up there but not with a baby.

Strollers are find, in fact, they open the gate specially for you so you do not have to go through turnstyles.

steff
07-02-2002, 02:26 PM
I've been bringing my niece to games since she was 2 months old.. she's 21 months old now. First 6 months we brought the car seat in - yes, it's allowed. After that she got the stroller which we folded down under the seats and she sat on our laps. Now she either sits on our laps or stands (we have first row season seats so there's lots of room) I agree that the upper deck is not for little ones. Sections 107 to the bleachers is the best, IMO. Bathrooms are right there and it's easy to get up and take a walk.

By the way chisoxt, what bathrooms have you found not to be open? I've never had this problem. The bathroom right behind our season seats (107) is always open and has a changing station.

SpringfldFan
07-02-2002, 03:55 PM
Thank you so much, everybody, for the helpful advice and kind welcome to the boards here. I will take all the advice into consideration when getting the tickets today and I look forward to a great game Saturday. If any of you is at the game and see a cute little 3 month old baby girl in a gray Sox uni with a white & black Sox bib, that is probably us!

chisoxt
07-02-2002, 11:27 PM
By the way chisoxt, what bathrooms have you found not to be open? I've never had this problem. The bathroom right behind our season seats (107) is always open and has a changing station.

I was looking for a changing station in the men's restroom and couldnt find one. i asked an attendant and she said that there is a private 'family restroom' in the right field corner, but you have to find an attendant who patrols that area in order to open it.

Maybe she was just trying to get rid of me.

steff
07-03-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by chisoxt

I was looking for a changing station in the men's restroom and couldnt find one. i asked an attendant and she said that there is a private 'family restroom' in the right field corner, but you have to find an attendant who patrols that area in order to open it.

Maybe she was just trying to get rid of me.

ROTFLMAO!!! I am so sorry.. I just assumed you were female. Guess I'll hold off on that psycic career :cleo