PDA

View Full Version : Lance Berkman takes some verbal shots at Texas Rangers

Foulke You
01-30-2011, 02:39 AM
I wonder if Lance has some sour grapes over the Rangers ending the Yankees season? I heard the live phone interview with Berkman replayed on MLB Network. Lance's tone seemed catty and he even took the time to rip Vlad's inability to play defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=6068757

VMSNS
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Funny how Lance is complaining about Vlad not being able to play defense. In the meantime, the Cardinals will have arguably the worst defensive outfield in baseball.

I do agree with him, however, about the Rangers "itching to spend money". The Beltre signing, while it does make them a better team, seems like a knee-jerk reaction to losing out on Lee.

Lip Man 1
02-01-2011, 11:23 PM
VMSNS:

Not really. Both Nolan Ryan and the new president of the team (sorry I don't remember his name) said numerous times this off season they were planning to raise the payroll "significantly". The new ownership group is loaded and they just signed a very, very lucrative TV deal.

These guys are going to become a major player in the free agent market for the forseeable future.

Lip

Foulke You
02-02-2011, 03:01 AM
Funny how Lance is complaining about Vlad not being able to play defense. In the meantime, the Cardinals will have arguably the worst defensive outfield in baseball.
I thought that was ridiculous of Lance to mention Vlad's defense. I think I'd still take a hobbled Vlad in RF over a healthy Lance Berkman. At least Vlad still has good outfield instincts where Berkman has NEVER been good on defense.

ewokpelts
02-03-2011, 09:06 AM
this is the same guy who went to the yankees...as DH. and a rental no less!

Foulke You
02-03-2011, 05:35 PM
this is the same guy who went to the yankees...as DH. and a rental no less!
Not to mention that Berkman looked washed up last year where Vlad actually had a solid season.