PDA

View Full Version : Colon On The Market

34 Inch Stick
07-02-2002, 10:58 AM
I cannot believe the Montreal Expos acquired Colon for the long run. They picked him up early so that they could see if they could make a run for it before July 31. If they do not pick up ground on the Braves they will dump him later this month.

If a strike has not occured before the 31 (and a resolution has not been reached), this is going to be the biggest buyers market in the history of baseball. I think Colon could be picked up without having to lose our best prospects.

Dadawg_77
07-02-2002, 12:00 PM
Honestly, I disagree with you here. The Expos will keep Colon, and will be sold over the winter probally to a Washington area group. Certain concesions will be made to the O's in order that Peter steps aside and allows it to happen. The owners have invested quite a few dollars in the Expos, and if there is a strike/lockout look for some teams to go under so MLB won't need to contract them. If there isn't a strike, MLB owners may not want to contract just one team (it will be nearly impossible to contract another team besides the Expos) so the Expos get sold and MLB recoups their cost.

oldcomiskey
07-02-2002, 12:35 PM
personally I would love to fat fat boy here but not at the price the expos paid

alohafri
07-02-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
personally I would love to fat fat boy here but not at the price the expos paid

:KW Oh, don't worry. I would never get him at that price. Colon is worth at least Buehrle, Crede, and Ordonez.