PDA

View Full Version : Teahen is determined to reclaim starting role

DumpJerry
01-28-2011, 05:25 PM
There is no mention of addressing his critics at WSI, however. (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110127&content_id=16517482&vkey=news_cws&c_id=cws&partnerId=rss_cws)

DirtySox
01-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Good luck with that.

soltrain21
01-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Yes! The first "best shape of his life" article of the year.

doublem23
Hopefully he's looking to reclaim his job in Kansas City. Or Oakland. I really don't care. Just go away.

Bobby Thigpen
He can absolutely RAKE for me on MLB10 The Show. :cool:

russ99
01-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Good deal. Either Morel gets pushed to perform better or Teahen gets pushed to perform better. And if neither can hack it, we still have Omar.

As of now it's a non-issue. Spring Training will show who deserves it.

I also really like the comments in that article by Kenny and Ozzie. It seems that they're valuing each other's position and opinions and are really working together this year.

TomBradley72
01-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Yep- and I would like to be a big league ball player- but neither is going to happen. Ask any Royals fan who watched this guy over the years- what we saw in 2010 is the real Mark Teahen- not some "fluke" bad season.

He's the "Scott Linebrink" of our 2011 roster.

RadioheadRocks
01-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Hopefully he's looking to reclaim his job in Kansas City. Or Oakland. I really don't care. Just go away.

I'd rather see him go to a National League team, solely because he'd only come back to bite us in the ass each time we face him (much like he did while he was with KC).

tstrike2000
01-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Is he getting a brain transplant?

slavko
01-28-2011, 08:22 PM
My advice to Teahen: Learn to play some RF. Stranger things have happened.

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-28-2011, 10:16 PM

I wish that was the case for me. I benched him long ago. He can't hit at all for me in my game.

SephClone89
01-28-2011, 11:01 PM

I wish that was the case for me. I benched him long ago. He can't hit at all for me in my game.

IIRC, he's really good for me too. Hit .340 or something one year. I just generally am really good with lefties in that game.

Speaking of which, does anyone else have a lot of trouble hitting with slap-hitters like Pierre or Pods? I can never do it.

TheCommander
01-29-2011, 06:24 AM
He's the "Scott Linebrink" of our 2011 roster.

Except he might be able to pitch better than Linebrink. :redneck

SoxNation05
01-29-2011, 10:28 AM
My advice to Teahen: Learn to play some RF. Stranger things have happened.

He doesn't have the production to be a right fielder... Or a third base man for that matter.

hawkjt
01-29-2011, 11:25 AM
I hope he comes in and has a great season.
Alex Rios was doubted coming into last year...and he came thru.
Competition is good.
I am rooting for him to hit .330 and play gold glove 3rd sack.

gobears1987
01-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Let's hope he delivers, but the truth of the matter is that he looks like another bad player from the "Moneyball" draft. I wish Kenny wouldn't pick up trash from Billy Beane's failed experiments. If anyone doubts that Billy Beane is a moron, just look to where he called Teahen the next "Jason Giambi." Maybe Teahen is what that steroid using piece of turd would've been like if he didn't juice up.

That being said. I've met Teahen. He's a nice person and I hope he succeeds, but he's going to have to really wow us in ST if he's going to start. If he doesn't deliver, we have Morel and Omar. It would be a shame though if all of that money had to sit on the bench or in Charlotte. Teahen could very well prove to be our Wade Redden contract. That would not be good.

Brian26
01-29-2011, 12:22 PM
IIRC, he's really good for me too. Hit .340 or something one year. I just generally am really good with lefties in that game.

Does he look like an absolute butcher in the field like he does in real life?

Brian26
01-29-2011, 12:27 PM
He doesn't have the production to be a right fielder... Or a third base man for that matter.

He doesn't have the glove to be a 3B and should never be placed there again.

I have more sympathy for someone who has a bad year at the plate. Hitting is usually more psychological than mechanics-based. Sometimes a lightbulb goes on and a guy can figure it out overnight. Fielding and throwing is something that you don't learn or lose overnight. You either have it or you don't.

I don't want to have to cringe everytime a ball is hit to 3B next year.

sullythered
01-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I see no reason why Omar shouldn't be our starting 3B.

Bobby Thigpen
01-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Does he look like an absolute butcher in the field like he does in real life?
Yes. But not as bad as Alexei.

JB98
01-29-2011, 02:29 PM
I see no reason why Omar shouldn't be our starting 3B.

I'd prefer to have Omar in the utility role. I don't see him being able to give us 140-150 games at 3B at this stage of his career.

My hope is that Morel hits enough to claim the job at 3B. The kid showed me his glove is MLB-ready at the end of last season. I still have some questions about his bat.

Teahen? Well, that guy is a utility player making starters' money.

sullythered
01-30-2011, 01:10 AM
I'd prefer to have Omar in the utility role. I don't see him being able to give us 140-150 games at 3B at this stage of his career.

My hope is that Morel hits enough to claim the job at 3B. The kid showed me his glove is MLB-ready at the end of last season. I still have some questions about his bat.

Teahen? Well, that guy is a utility player making starters' money.

I wouldn't have either, but after last year, I kind of think the guy might be a superhero.

I would actually be happiest if Morel gives us no other choice but to start him by playing so well.

PaleHoser
01-30-2011, 11:56 AM

Teahen is still hitting ninth and the starting 3B for the 2016 White Sox in my "Road to the Show".

Let's hope life doesn't imitate art.

JB98
01-30-2011, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't have either, but after last year, I kind of think the guy might be a superhero.

I would actually be happiest if Morel gives us no other choice but to start him by playing so well.

It's worth noting that Omar started only 89 ballgames for us last year. He appeared in 108 games total. As good as he was for us both offensively and defensively last year, I'd be reluctant to expect more from him this year.

bridgeportcopper
01-30-2011, 06:03 PM
In a somewhat related story, Bridgeportcopper is determined to walk on the moon!

Iron Dragon2
01-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Hey, I hope Teahen comes through and kills it. That just makes the Sox better.

As for MLB 10, he started off well for me, but now is at a .279 avg and likes to K in crucial situations. He plays good D and has a rocket arm. However, there's a fake player with the first name Emiliano who starts in Charlotte, I think, (I forget his last name because I changed it), plays 3B, and is a switch hitter that I KILL with. Not the best with the glove or arm, but is hitting .340 with almost 20 HRs in about 1/2 a season.

Daver
01-31-2011, 07:49 PM

As for MLB 10, he started off well for me, but now is at a .279 avg and likes to K in crucial situations. He plays good D and has a rocket arm. However, there's a fake player with the first name Emiliano who starts in Charlotte, I think, (I forget his last name because I changed it), plays 3B, and is a switch hitter that I KILL with. Not the best with the glove or arm, but is hitting .340 with almost 20 HRs in about 1/2 a season.

Baseball is not an offensive sport.

RowanDye
01-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Baseball is not an offensive sport.

So you're saying Teahan has a chance to start?

SephClone89
01-31-2011, 09:25 PM

whodat

Daver
01-31-2011, 09:42 PM

I put zero value on video game results, and there is no part of what I said that would lead to an endorsement of any skills whatsoever, including a complete lack.

You do know what happens when you assume, right?

Brian26
01-31-2011, 09:50 PM

If you want a real simulation of how much Teahen sucks in the field and at the plate, the new Strat-o-matic cards come out February 12.

RowanDye
01-31-2011, 10:03 PM
I put zero value on video game results, and there is no part of what I said that would lead to an endorsement of any skills whatsoever, including a complete lack.

You do know what happens when you assume, right?

It was a joke. Teahen is not good offensively or defensively. You said "baseball is not an offensive game". So if Teahen can just improve his defense then he has a chance to start. Right?

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-01-2011, 07:04 AM
If the Bullfighter reclaims a starting 3B position, I really have to question whether Joey Cora actually showed up for his own camps.

I'd rather have Jeff Cox play 3rd and have Teahan coach it.

russ99
02-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Get a grip, the guy's going to be on the bench and he's going to get playing time.

Teahen has a career 162 game average of .268 .330 .415 with 34 doubles. 14HRs and 68 RBIs. He's not as awful as he looked last year. Cut that in half (200-300 AB) and we have a good bench player. Besides, nobody's going to use him as a defensive replacement.

A slight bounce back by Teahen could even be expected.

Iron Dragon2
02-01-2011, 10:29 PM
If you want a real simulation of how much Teahen sucks in the field and at the plate, the new Strat-o-matic cards come out February 12.

No thanks. I saw enough of the real thing last year.

sullythered
02-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Get a grip, the guy's going to be on the bench and he's going to get playing time.

Teahen has a career 162 game average of .268 .330 .415 with 34 doubles. 14HRs and 68 RBIs. He's not as awful as he looked last year. Cut that in half (200-300 AB) and we have a good bench player. Besides, nobody's going to use him as a defensive replacement.

Absolutely 100% agree. But this thread is about the potential for him starting.

NLaloosh
02-02-2011, 12:00 PM

Absolutely. However, his best defensive position is probably RF. It's possible, through injury or trade, that he gets significant playing time there. It might not be that bad for the Sox if he stays out of the infield and starts off hot with the bat he could be a valuable player on this team with few LH bats.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's traded for some pitching.