PDA

View Full Version : NYY President rips Rangers - Get off revenue sharing

Fenway
01-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Randy Levine's main job seems to be say things the Steinbrenner's want said , but won't do it themselves

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2011/01/28/2011-01-28_yankee_president_randy_levine_rips_texas_ranger s_over_cliff_lee_team_is_on_welfa.html

DumpJerry
01-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Levine needs to get over himself. First of all, Lee did not sign with the Rangers, so how did they block the Yankmees by visiting Lee three times in Arkansas? Secondly, if Lee wanted to sign with the Yankmees, he would have signed.

That's like a guy complaining that a certain girl at his school did not go to the prom with him because "Joe" was in her English class, so she decided to go with "Tom." No logic whatsoever.

cards press box
01-30-2011, 01:24 AM
Randy Levine's main job seems to be say things the Steinbrenner's want said , but won't do it themselves

I thought that Mr. Levine's job was to be an annoying sycophant, a vocation in which he apparently excels. Remember when Mr. Levine asked the AL to declare a forfeit (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1876462) in the first game of a scheduled New York-Tampa doubleheader at Yankee Stadium in September 2004 because Hurricane Frances delayed the Devil Rays from arriving in New York in time for the start of game 1? That was a class move.

As to the substance of Mr. Levine's latest inane comments about revenue sharing, let me ask this: if Mr. Levine and the Yankees are such gung-ho free market enthusiasts, then why not have an actual free market? In such a market, the Yankees would not have to pay any luxury tax or share revenue in any way but also could not cite their "territorial rights" as a basis for blocking Tampa Bay, Oakland or, for that matter, Texas from moving to Northern New Jersey, Brooklyn or southern Manhattan.

So here is my suggestion: Mr. Levine should stop talking to the press and at least be a quiet bootlicker.