PDA

View Full Version : Group Outings at Comiskey

ShooterMcGavin
01-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Has anyone organized a group outing? I'm running a fundraiser for a charity I'm involved with, and I want to entertain a group at the game. Any suggestions as to what options one has at Comiskey, pricing info, food/drink info, seating locations?

russ99
01-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Has anyone organized a group outing? I'm running a fundraiser for a charity I'm involved with, and I want to entertain a group at the game. Any suggestions as to what options one has at Comiskey, pricing info, food/drink info, seating locations?

I run a group every year.

The Sox go out of their way to get your group the best tickets available, and sitting in a block. They used to do pricing breaks for larger groups, but I'm not sure they do now, and my group is always in the 20-30 range.

Obviously the sooner you can book, the better your seats will be. I haven't done a group with any of the food options, but the package with the pregame bullpen party is awesome and affordable.

Call the Sox ticket office and ask for Group Sales, they'll assign you a rep, and you'll deal with that person going forward.

ShooterMcGavin
01-27-2011, 08:20 PM
I run a group every year.

The Sox go out of their way to get your group the best tickets available, and sitting in a block. They used to do pricing breaks for larger groups, but I'm not sure they do now, and my group is always in the 20-30 range.

Obviously the sooner you can book, the better your seats will be. I haven't done a group with any of the food options, but the package with the pregame bullpen party is awesome and affordable.

Call the Sox ticket office and ask for Group Sales, they'll assign you a rep, and you'll deal with that person going forward.

Where do you sit for group outings? I was disappointed with the pregame bullpen party.

chisoxfanatic
01-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Where do you sit for group outings? I was disappointed with the pregame bullpen party.
It really depends on your choice. I've organized 3 group outings, 2 of them I just went to the box office and got the tickets after collecting the money (upper reserved and section 112). But, the one I organized a couple seasons ago we got seats in left field, and I worked through my season ticket rep.

Jason82807
01-27-2011, 08:41 PM

You can get group tix in almost any area (lower box, lower reserved/bleachers, upper box/upper reserved). If you buy enough tickets you can get half-off tix for any regular game and weekday prime games. More info can be found at whitesox.com. I might be interested in splitting a group with you if you don't have enough for the 50% discount.

DumpJerry
01-28-2011, 10:17 AM
The mailing for group outings arrived yesterday in the mail.

Here is the pricing for group tickets (without the Patio):
20-49 tickets-regular price
50-149 tickets- $1.00 off
150-299 tickets- $2.00 off
300-599 tickets- $3.00 off
600-999 tickets-$4.00 off
1,000 or more tickets-"Up to half-price tickets" (Subject to White Sox approval and based on availability).

For more information contact the sales department at 312-674-1000 or email at grouptickets@chisox.com

russ99
01-28-2011, 11:01 AM

I have a smaller group, so we had seats all over the place depending on the ticket demand for the game. In the last 5 years we were in Club Level a few times, in the lower box on the third base side not too far from the foul pole a few times, in the lower reserved OF, in the bleachers and for higher demand games, in the upper deck.

Again, that depends on how large your group is, how much you think people want to pay, and how much lead time you book in advance. The ticket rep usually can get better seats than just going to the box office, and they'll try to seat you in a block of rows.

I'm looking at a few August games for my group and will try to set up fairly early since I know 20 of the 30 people are always in.

ShooterMcGavin
01-28-2011, 11:24 AM
I have a smaller group, so we had seats all over the place depending on the ticket demand for the game. In the last 5 years we were in Club Level a few times, in the lower box on the third base side not too far from the foul pole a few times, in the lower reserved OF, in the bleachers and for higher demand games, in the upper deck.

Again, that depends on how large your group is, how much you think people want to pay, and how much lead time you book in advance. The ticket rep usually can get better seats than just going to the box office, and they'll try to seat you in a block of rows.

I'm looking at a few August games for my group and will try to set up fairly early since I know 20 of the 30 people are always in.

Interesting, you've been all over the park.

What about suites or the Miller Lite party deck? Anyone experience that?