PDA

View Full Version : Hey King did you hear that?

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2001, 02:47 PM
I'm sure you are at work and didn't but Hawk was talking about how the last few years that he played he didn't read the papers and ofcourse there wasn't any sports radio in those days and it was the best thing that ever happened to his career, in terms of hitting.

KingXerxes
08-06-2001, 02:56 PM
I didn't hear the quote, but I would wager that in his last three years he didn't hit for a .225 average, so exactly how was that the best thing for his hitting? As far as not reading the paper I don't doubt that about him at all:

:hawk

"What in the hell is a Plain Dealer anyway?"

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2001, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
I didn't hear the quote, but I would wager that in his last three years he didn't hit for a .225 average, so exactly how was that the best thing for his hitting? As far as not reading the paper I don't doubt that about him at all:

DJ told Hawk how he thought it would be nice if there wasn't any scoreboards so players wouldn't be able to look at their stats and they could just go out there and play. Hawk told him there would be a lot better baseball players. DJ said to him how they both played with the scoreboards and learned to deal with it. Then Hawk went on this long discussion about how the last few years of his career he didn't look at the papers and how great it was.

KingXerxes
08-06-2001, 03:06 PM
Yeah - It was great for HIM. It was the Indians fans who were miserable.

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2001, 03:12 PM
Yeah - It was great for HIM. It was the Indians fans who were miserable.

I couldn't comment on that not being old enough to remember his playing days but I will take your word for it.

KingXerxes
08-06-2001, 03:25 PM
You needn't take my word for it:

Over his career Ken Harrelson had the following:

Career Average - .239
AB's per HR - 22.45
AB's per RBI - 7.00

In his last three years (the three years that he was soooooooo immensely helped out by not reading the papers or listening to the radio) Ken Harrelson had the following:

Average - .219
AB's per HR - 21.25
AB's per RBI - 7.15

Yeah - I guess we all realize what a huuuuuuuuge impact not reading the paper had.

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2001, 03:29 PM
Yeah - I guess we all realize what a huuuuuuuuge impact not reading the paper had.

Are you calling me a liar?

KingXerxes
08-06-2001, 04:16 PM

"Yessir."