PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Weather Days

chisoxfanatic
01-25-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm in the process of coming up with incentives for our honor roll students for next semester and thought that going to a Sox game might be a good one. At our school, all field trips must be tied to learning, so I was thinking of taking a group of students to the 5/4 game vs. the Twins, which happens to be Weather Day. My principal already likes the idea.

I was wondering if any of you have been to past Weather Days and what were your experiences like? Was the pre-game seminar in the conference learning center, or was it in a section of the ballpark's seating area? How was that seminar structured?

ewokpelts
01-25-2011, 12:42 PM
you get to hear tom skilling talk about weather by the sox dugout.

I've been to the last two weather days, and they were fun. 2009 was amy freeze(she did a weather day at wrigley in 2010).

Tom Skilling focused on his tornado chase. He had a specially prepared video and took questions about anything weather related.

one cool part is that the weather day event begins EXTRA early. You're there BEFORE the gates open to the public, so you get to see early bp.

chisoxfanatic
01-25-2011, 12:45 PM
one cool part is that the weather day event begins EXTRA early. You're there BEFORE the gates open to the public, so you get to see early bp.
About what time did you remember the seminar starting? We'd of course have to line up bus transportation, so this is definitely an important piece of information.

Thanks for the info, by the way...Sounds cool!

ewokpelts
01-25-2011, 12:51 PM
About what time did you remember the seminar starting? We'd of course have to line up bus transportation, so this is definitely an important piece of information.

Thanks for the info, by the way...Sounds cool!10am, i belive.

btw, i would get as many kids as possible to do this. weather day is one of teh bubble events, where it may not be back year to year based on turnout.

ewokpelts
01-25-2011, 12:54 PM
here's the info from the 2010 event off the sox site.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/groups/gsg/weather.jsp