PDA

View Full Version : Mark Buehrle contract extension?

ChicagoG19
01-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Does anyone know if the Sox are negotiating with Buehrle on a contract exstention, or is the plan to just let his contract run out at the end of the year?

WhiteSox5187
01-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know if the Sox are negotiating with Buehrle on a contract exstention, or is the plan to just let his contract run out at the end of the year?

I think he's not going to be signed during the season, it sounds like he wants to keep pitching and if he's willing to come back at a discount (depending on the year he has) I'd love to have him, but there is also the chance that he retires.

palehozenychicty
01-22-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't want anything too deep. Mark has been amazing as an ambassador of the organization, but he has been fading the last couple seasons in the second half.

gobears1987
01-22-2011, 10:36 AM
I personally think he'll retire. Buehrle isn't driven by money and doesn't care for personal records. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he wants to be doing things other than play baseball.

Hitmen77
01-22-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't want anything too deep. Mark has been amazing as an ambassador of the organization, but he has been fading the last couple seasons in the second half.

Mark Buehrle is one of my all time favorite White Sox players, but I have to agree here. He's not the same pitcher he was 4 or 5 years ago. I hope he proves me wrong and has an outstanding 2011, but he is not as effective as he once was.

It depends on how much money and how many years it would take to bring Mark back.

DonnieDarko
01-22-2011, 04:02 PM
He's been the most valuable LHP the organization has had in decades. Yeah, I would want him back for sure, but as others are saying, it would depend on the years and money involved.