View Full Version : 2011 promotional schedule

BubblingCalderon
01-21-2011, 09:52 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws

Finally a good promo schedule

2 Thomas Bobblehead days

A Mark Buehrle bobblehead day

Roger Bossard giveway that may be a bobble

I hope the Thomas bobbles are different from last years one but I assume they wont be.

ewokpelts
01-21-2011, 09:54 AM
The Frank Bobbles are the same as last year's. The sox announced that due to the massive demand for his bobble last year, two home games would have more given out in 2011.

russ99
01-21-2011, 09:55 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws

Finally a good promo schedule

2 Thomas Bobblehead days

A Mark Buehrle bobblehead day

Roger Bossard giveway that may be a bobble

I hope the Thomas bobbles are different from last years one but I assume they wont be.

Thanks for the heads-up, that certainly changes my game choices for today's April-May single-game presale.

hi im skot
01-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Cool. I hope they plan on doing the annual White Sox calendars at some point.

BubblingCalderon
01-21-2011, 10:08 AM
The TBD giveaway from comcast is promising as well seeing that they sponsored the Noah bobblehead given out this season at a Bulls game.

ewokpelts
01-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Cool. I hope they plan on doing the annual White Sox calendars at some point.Calendars are typically on a weekend, and the first weekend unless opening day is a weekend series(like 2011 is)

SephClone89
01-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Damn. No Frank bobblehead for me again.

beasly213
01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
All these "Heritage Nights" = More promo codes! :smile: :gulp:

doublem23
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Decent SGA schedule for a change. Nice. Good job, Sox. :thumbsup:

Hitmen77
01-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Whoa! "Frank Thomas statue unveiling" on July 31. I hadn't heard they were giving him a statue in 2011.

LongLiveFisk
01-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Next to the games vs. the Cubs, the promotion says "this game".

:scratch:

So the game itself is the promotion. Interesting rationalization.

doublem23
01-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Next to the games vs. the Cubs, the promotion says "this game".

:scratch:

So the game itself is the promotion. Interesting rationalization.

Yeah, they've done that for a few years now. IIRC

I think the "this game" in the schedule is just a glitch or mistake by whoever entered the data, but those games have been traditionally sponsored.

WhiffleBall
01-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Elvis night is on a Thursday?

Thu, Aug 18 Indians Elvis Night and Fireworks (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/#)

Marqhead
01-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Yeah, they've done that for a few years now. IIRC

I think the "this game" in the schedule is just a glitch or mistake by whoever entered the data, but those games have been traditionally sponsored.

It's in the Promotion/Event column. So technically "this game" is being promoted by Miller Lite, etc. But they usually don't do giveaways for Sox/Cubs if memory serves.

doublem23
01-21-2011, 01:24 PM
It's in the Promotion/Event column. So technically "this game" is being promoted by Miller Lite, etc. But they usually don't do giveaways for Sox/Cubs if memory serves.

Right, I saw that. I guess I worded my last post poorly, I think that the way it's showing up right now on the schedule is just a glitch.

DumpJerry
01-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Looks like May 4th will be a rain-out.

ewokpelts
01-21-2011, 02:10 PM
"this game" is basically a placeholder for whatever miller deceides to offer/do on that game. A lot of times, it's million dollar pitch, or united airlines vouchers.

LongLiveFisk
01-21-2011, 02:20 PM
"this game" is basically a placeholder for whatever miller deceides to offer/do on that game. A lot of times, it's million dollar pitch, or united airlines vouchers.

I'm surprised they don't just use "TBD".

Oh well, not a biggie.

chisoxfanatic
01-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Whoa! "Frank Thomas statue unveiling" on July 31. I hadn't heard they were giving him a statue in 2011.
I'm shocked that they picked a game that is already likely to be well-attended for that!

hi im skot
01-21-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm shocked that they picked a game that is already likely to be well-attended for that!

They did the same with his number retirement, which was prior to a Sox/Yankees game.

I think they want as much exposure as possible, and doing it before a game against a high-profile opponent helps ensure that.

chisoxfanatic
01-21-2011, 02:32 PM
They did the same with his number retirement, which was prior to a Sox/Yankees game.

I think they want as much exposure as possible, and doing it before a game against a high-profile opponent helps ensure that.
I guess so, and it may get more "pub" on ESPN or such, but I'm thinking that saving some of the "big" things like that would help increase the attendance at a game that would otherwise not draw a good walk-up crowd.

Has anyone heard of when they are doing School Groups Day? We've been discussing incentives for students on our attendance, academic, and behavioral honor rolls, and I'd like to possibly take a group of 10-20 of our best students to a game.

fisk4ever
01-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Elvis night is on a Thursday?

Thu, Aug 18 Indians Elvis Night and Fireworks (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/#)

First time that it hasn't been on Friday?

anewman35
01-21-2011, 09:04 PM
The Frank Bobbles are the same as last year's. The sox announced that due to the massive demand for his bobble last year, two home games would have more given out in 2011.

Unless you have some inside info, I'm not so sure that's true. The Sox did announce that there would be two Thomas bobblehead days (see http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20100829&content_id=14066388&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws), but they never said they were the SAME ones. At the very least, you'd think maybe they'd take the date off of them.

parlaycard
01-22-2011, 01:23 AM
Unless you have some inside info, I'm not so sure that's true. The Sox did announce that there would be two Thomas bobblehead days (see http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20100829&content_id=14066388&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws), but they never said they were the SAME ones. At the very least, you'd think maybe they'd take the date off of them.

Or you can buy one at Soxfest for the low, low price of $40.

doublem23
01-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Or you can buy one at Soxfest for the low, low price of $40.

I think that's a pretty good deal for what people were asking for them on eBay last August.

cub killer
01-22-2011, 02:16 AM
I hope Roger Bossard's bobblehead is dressed like Don Corleone.

ShooterMcGavin
01-22-2011, 08:10 AM
I don't know if ticket prices were like this in seasons' past, but the club section doesn't give 1/2 price tickets on Mondays? In fact there's no discount at all on Mondays? Anyone know why?

DumpJerry
01-22-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't know if ticket prices were like this in seasons' past, but the club section doesn't give 1/2 price tickets on Mondays? In fact there's no discount at all on Mondays? Anyone know why?
Huh?:scratch:

Also, why do you want Gallas back? Are you Mr. Gallas?

ShooterMcGavin
01-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Huh?:scratch:

Also, why do you want Gallas back? Are you Mr. Gallas?

The Sox still half-price Mondays, correct? I am curious as to why the club level is not part of the half-price Mondays.

As to the Rob Gallas sig, it's not that I think that highly of him but because I think so lowly of Brooks Boyer.

chisoxfanatic
01-22-2011, 03:00 PM
If you want to sit up there at a discounted rate, try looking at Stub Hub for tickets up there on an April or May week day. Sometimes, the discount is quite considerable.

doublem23
01-22-2011, 03:21 PM
The Sox still half-price Mondays, correct? I am curious as to why the club level is not part of the half-price Mondays.

I would guess the Club Level has high enough demand they can fill them without having to slash prices.

ShooterMcGavin
01-22-2011, 06:02 PM
If you want to sit up there at a discounted rate, try looking at Stub Hub for tickets up there on an April or May week day. Sometimes, the discount is quite considerable.

I prefer not to go to the park during colder weather, unless it's the playoffs.

Were the Club Level seats discounted on Mondays last season?

waldo_the_wolf
01-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Mullet night again? Why why why???

DumpJerry
01-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Why not? It raises a ton of money for charity and does not harm anyone. IF it bothers you, stay away.

DonnieDarko
01-23-2011, 09:56 AM
It's a bit of a tradition of mine to get the magnetic schedules and then record the team's record, game-to-game, on it.

So I'll be showing up to a game sometime on the 9th or 10th.

HomeFish
01-23-2011, 10:07 AM

Because of mullet night, I was able to walk on the field (well, warning track, which is part of the field) at US Cellular Field. It was one of the coolest experiences of my life.

Anyone who complains about mullet night has obviously never taken advantage of the Mullet Parade.

soxfanreggie
01-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Because of mullet night, I was able to walk on the field (well, warning track, which is part of the field) at US Cellular Field. It was one of the coolest experiences of my life.

Anyone who complains about mullet night has obviously never taken advantage of the Mullet Parade.

You also get to see Hawk in a mullet! :D:

chisoxfanatic
01-23-2011, 09:34 PM
You also get to see Hawk in a mullet! :D:
That alone is a great reason for keeping mullet night. I also love how they put mullets on the players up on the jumbotron when they're up to bat.

Streets
01-23-2011, 09:51 PM

How would one go about taking advantage of the Mullet Parade?

waldo_the_wolf
01-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Why not? It raises a ton of money for charity and does not harm anyone. IF it bothers you, stay away.

Why not? Aside from the fact that mullets are ugly and a ridiculous thing to celebrate, how bout how the media stereotypes White Sox fans as mullet-sporting trailer trash? And thanks boss for reminding me of my options in life. Without you here, this site will go to hell, what with all these posters being bothered by the mean ol' "cubune" and espn (which DON'T HARM ANYONE EITHER), I guess they haven't been fortunate enough to get your newsflash that they can STAY AWAY! How bout this, I have as much right to my opinion as yours, IF that bothers you, stay away from my posts.

salty99
01-23-2011, 10:17 PM
So anyway........another beer vendor bobblehead..really?

hi im skot
01-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Why not? Aside from the fact that mullets are ugly and a ridiculous thing to celebrate, how bout how the media stereotypes White Sox fans as mullet-sporting trailer trash? And thanks boss for reminding me of my options in life. Without you here, this site will go to hell, what with all these posters being bothered by the mean ol' "cubune" and espn (which DON'T HARM ANYONE EITHER), I guess they haven't been fortunate enough to get your newsflash that they can STAY AWAY! How bout this, I have as much right to my opinion as yours, IF that bothers you, stay away from my posts.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldc4q90j1w1qb7hapo1_500.gif

DumpJerry
01-23-2011, 10:24 PM

Jeez, all I did was ask why you don't like it and stated why I have no problem with it (along with the fact you can get a $10 haircut that night). I did not realize asking you why you did not like a certain promotion was such a touchy subject.

Yeah, the Cub fan in my office gives me **** about Mullet Night because "every night is Mullet Night at the Sox game," etc. etc. So what? His team is Clown College, pure and simple. The fools who cheer on the Cubs to futility are jealous and envious that we have a team with a better track record for winning and making the moves to be better since 2004. Don't let them get to you. If we don't have Mullet Night, they will find something else to ridicule because they cannot utter the words "yours is a better baseball team."

waldo_the_wolf
01-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Jeez, all I did was ask why you don't like it and stated why I have no problem with it (along with the fact you can get a $10 haircut that night). I did not realize asking you why you did not like a certain promotion was such a touchy subject.

Yeah, the Cub fan in my office gives me **** about Mullet Night because "every night is Mullet Night at the Sox game," etc. etc. So what? His team is Clown College, pure and simple. The fools who cheer on the Cubs to futility are jealous and envious that we have a team with a better track record for winning and making the moves to be better since 2004. Don't let them get to you. If we don't have Mullet Night, they will find something else to ridicule because they cannot utter the words "yours is a better baseball team."

We've each said our peace, case closed. Thanks for at least responding to me with substance unlike skot.

cub killer
01-24-2011, 02:24 AM
It shows character that the White Sox organization scoffs at the "redneck" stereotype by having Mullet Night. It's better to laugh off a stereotype than to complain and whine about it. Anybody with half a brain will see that the Sox fanbase is nothing like the stereotypes.

It's kinda like when a cub fan made a racist shirt that said "Ozzie Mows Wrigley". Instead of getting mad, Ozzie said that he'd buy it and wear it.

ewokpelts
01-24-2011, 11:47 AM
First time that it hasn't been on Friday?typo. 8/19 is a premium priced game. 8/18 is regular.

ewokpelts
01-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't know if ticket prices were like this in seasons' past, but the club section doesn't give 1/2 price tickets on Mondays? In fact there's no discount at all on Mondays? Anyone know why?According to the handout i got at the sales booth saturday, club level tix ARE 1/2 off on mondays. however, premium club level tix are full price on mondays.

all non-premium lower level seats are 1/2 off on mondays, just as all upper level tix are 1/2 off.

SephClone89
01-24-2011, 12:04 PM
I've never sat club level--what are the advantages and disadvantages?

ewokpelts
01-24-2011, 12:08 PM
I've never sat club level--what are the advantages and disadvantages?INDOOR concourse. climate controlled. Couches and chairs in the concourse area. inseat wait service. a bar in the left field corner. a ton of flat screens .

MUCH BETTER FOOD.

SephClone89
01-24-2011, 12:09 PM
INDOOR concourse. climate controlled. Couches and chairs in the concourse area. inseat wait service. a bar in the left field corner. a ton of flat screens .

MUCH BETTER FOOD.

Hm. I've always thought the view would be nice, and there aren't that many people around you, so a lower chance of having a moron right next to you. Might spring for club level at some point this season, sounds fun.

Also, Shooter seems to be right. The Seating and Pricing on the website and the prices listed below don't indicate 1/2 pricing for the regular club level.

ewokpelts
01-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Hm. I've always thought the view would be nice, and there aren't that many people around you, so a lower chance of having a moron right next to you. Might spring for club level at some point this season, sounds fun.

Also, Shooter seems to be right. The Seating and Pricing on the website and the prices listed below don't indicate 1/2 pricing for the regular club level.it's worth the money.

Hitmen77
01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
INDOOR concourse. climate controlled. Couches and chairs in the concourse area. inseat wait service. a bar in the left field corner. a ton of flat screens .

MUCH BETTER FOOD.

Agreed. Food is better, plus all those other benefits you mentioned.

Am I right that they have a different company running the concessions at the Club Level than the food that's served in the lower and upper deck?

ewokpelts
01-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Agreed. Food is better, plus all those other benefits you mentioned.

Am I right that they have a different company running the concessions at the Club Level than the food that's served in the lower and upper deck?levy handles the club level, home plate club, suites, scout seats and the terrace suites.

sportservice handles the 100 and 500 level.

bertucci handles the bullpen bar and patio.

parlaycard
01-25-2011, 08:32 AM
They should honor some of the former White Sox players, like the Blackhawks do with something like this.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5212/5385424577_19e8879919_o.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5211/5385424735_8ea3596df8_o.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5211/5385424735_8ea3596df8_o.jpg

Procol Harum
01-25-2011, 09:36 AM
They should honor some of the former White Sox players, like the Blackhawks do with something like this.

SWEET!! Wilbur was the man!

lizard6king6
01-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Love Elvis night every year, just bought 10 tix for the entire family for 25 bucks a piece on stubhub. Not bad considering face is 32 plus all those service charges ticketmaster charges.

ewokpelts
01-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Love Elvis night every year, just bought 10 tix for the entire family for 25 bucks a piece on stubhub. Not bad considering face is 32 plus all those service charges ticketmaster charges.i hope you bought the tickets for 8/19, because the schedule was corrected online.

lizard6king6
01-26-2011, 05:19 PM
i hope you bought the tickets for 8/19, because the schedule was corrected online.

I did I assumed Elvis night was on a Friday rather thN Thursday.

BadBobbyJenks
01-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Sweet I already have tickets for the Buehrle Bobble head game. That's all I really care about.

SephClone89
02-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Do you guys think the Buehrle bobblehead day will sell out fast?

fox23
02-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Do you guys think the Buehrle bobblehead day will sell out fast?

Based on my past history going to those games, probably not. You'll still have to show up to the game close to when gates open to get one though.

SephClone89
02-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Based on my past history going to those games, probably not. You'll still have to show up to the game close to when gates open to get one though.

Good stuff. Went to Frank Thomas Day last year but Dad and I didn't get there early enough for the bobblehead. Bummer.

Speaking of, if anyone gets to either of the Frank bobblehead days this April and has an extra, please let me know.

ewokpelts
02-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Good stuff. Went to Frank Thomas Day last year but Dad and I didn't get there early enough for the bobblehead. Bummer.

Speaking of, if anyone gets to either of the Frank bobblehead days this April and has an extra, please let me know.sox have the bobblehead for $40 at the garage sale

ewokpelts
02-10-2011, 02:28 PM
according to the sox site, wall calendars will be distributed on 4/11(1/2 price monday), 4/13(wed matinee) and 4/15(friday night).

so there will be a giveaway every day from the home opener on 4/7 to 4/16(rally cap day)

DumpJerry
02-10-2011, 03:41 PM
according to the sox site, wall calendars will be distributed on 4/11(1/2 price monday), 4/13(wed matinee) and 4/15(friday night).

so there will be a giveaway every day from the home opener on 4/7 to 4/16(rally cap day)
Looking forward to the 16th, it's my birthday and Rally Toque Day!

BubblingCalderon
02-10-2011, 04:51 PM
I was looking at random Bobbleheads on ebay and found this Chi pet groundskeeper bobblehead giveaway the Toledo Mud Hens did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Mud-Hens-Baseball-Jake-Tyler-Chia-Pet-Bobblehead-/250766164043?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a62d4004b

I was thinking that this would be a great idea for the Sox to do for the Bossard Bobblehead day later this year. Hint Hint Brooks :wink:

dwitt76
02-12-2011, 11:55 AM
I was looking at random Bobbleheads on ebay and found this Chi pet groundskeeper bobblehead giveaway the Toledo Mud Hens did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Mud-Hens-Baseball-Jake-Tyler-Chia-Pet-Bobblehead-/250766164043?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a62d4004b

I was thinking that this would be a great idea for the Sox to do for the Bossard Bobblehead day later this year. Hint Hint Brooks :wink:

June 12th :smile: