PDA

View Full Version : Score radio roast of Ozzie Guillen

jaguiar2
01-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Is anyone attending this on Friday night? Just got my ticket today and have no idea what to expect.

Domeshot17
01-18-2011, 10:06 PM
I hope it is nothing but Oney jokes

ewokpelts
01-19-2011, 08:42 AM
lots of swearing

Jim Shorts
01-19-2011, 09:15 AM
I submitted an entry in Ozzie's ticket giveaway. Haven't heard anything yet, so I assume I did not win.

NLaloosh
01-19-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm going with a buddy of mine. It should be a blast! I'm very psyched plus it's a 5 course meal with open bar for $100.

It's also 5 minutes from my office. I expect that there will be lots of celebrities and players there. They have 80 tables set up.

I will post pics on here if I get anything good.

jaguiar2
01-19-2011, 12:11 PM
My only worry in going to this is having to listen to Oney speak and be the center of attention. Its going to make me sick.

roylestillman
01-19-2011, 12:41 PM
I have a really bad fealing about this event. Any good PR that the Sox may have eked out of Sox Fest, given the Bears, is going to be overshadowed by the nonsensical Oneycentric spin coming out of this roast. Surprised the Sox went along with it, at least during this weekend,

parlaycard
01-19-2011, 12:57 PM
I expect that there will be lots of celebrities and players there.

The roast is going on at the same time as Soxfest

kittle42
01-19-2011, 01:40 PM
I have a really bad fealing about this event. Any good PR that the Sox may have eked out of Sox Fest, given the Bears, is going to be overshadowed by the nonsensical Oneycentric spin coming out of this roast. Surprised the Sox went along with it, at least during this weekend,

I predict a combined 30 seconds of media coverage and a collective "who cares?" You seriously think this thing will present issues? No way, I say.

cub killer
01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Will this be webcast? Or shown on CSN on a delay? Or broadcast on the Score with someone ready to hit the "dump" button every other minute?

This sounds like a great idea. I hope no one pulls any punches. Maybe even Jerry will work blue. Haha. They gotta rip on his buzzcut from his playing days, his horrendous accent, his relationship with Jay Marrioti, his dirty helmet, his cameo on TNA wrestling and his penchant for being a drama queen.

I can't find the dais list anywhere. I wonder which celebs will be there, and which ones will be funny. Richard Roeper should provide a laugh or 2.

roylestillman
01-21-2011, 10:10 PM
At the roast. Oney's girlfriend just walked across the room to confront a heckler during his presentation.

jaguiar2
01-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Update from the roast: Rongey is hilarious, Oney got booed off, and Roberto Hernandez is either drunk or a horrible public speaker.

manders_01
01-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Oh how I wish there was a broadcast of this (even though I know there's no way in hell that'd ever happen)!

jaguiar2
01-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Seeing how Ozzie just did a comparison of Frank Thomas and Juan uribes privates I don't think it would be broadcasted.

Ron Karkovice
01-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Seeing how Ozzie just did a comparison of Frank Thomas and Juan uribes privates I don't think it would be broadcasted.

Haha hey man I saw your picture tweet from the event tonight and was so jealous. Ps. It's me, Katie kam's boyfriend.

house215
01-22-2011, 01:51 AM
@oneyguillen just tweeted:

"Whoever was booing at the roast. Ill be outside in 2 min"

What a loser.

NLaloosh
01-22-2011, 07:11 AM

What a loser.

I wish I would have seen that tweet when I was there. I sat right next to the kid that got slapped by Oney's skank and tossed out for doing almost nothing.

And, she was a skank. I would love to meet Oney because I hate that punk. And, quite a lot of people were booing him not just a few.

The whole night was great except for Oney being there. Although, this incident did cause some excitement. Some of the speakers were kind of dull.

Ozzie Jr. was pretty good but went on for too long. Peggy Kusinski surprised me with her wit and looks. I thought Peggy looked better in person.

Believe me, there was no shortage of foul language by anyone up there! Wow! It was nasty and wouldn't have been broadcast anywhere.

Herm Schneider was probably the best and most interesting speaker - not that there was much competition.

I did get to shake hands with Ozzie, Herm, Karkovice, Baines, Rongey, Holmes and Cowley. I saw Boers, McNeil and Bernstein. That was about it for "celebs" at this thing.

A lot of people were very liquored up including Ozzie. Rongey was very approachable and pretty cool. He did a nice job. He wears these Buddy Holly looking glasses.

TheCommander
01-22-2011, 08:17 AM

What a loser.

Why continue to read his tweets(and re-post them) when you know they are all going to be garbage? :scratch:

DumpJerry
01-22-2011, 08:26 AM

What a loser.
Yo should have tweeted back "ok, I'll meet you there. Don't leave until I arrive." It was very cold last night........

roylestillman
01-22-2011, 09:50 AM
All around a good evening, with a heavy dose of awkward thrown in. (I had no intention of going but a friend had an extra ticket.)

Rongey basically held the whole thing together and was pretty funny. I assume a lot of his stuff was written for him, including a really dusty David Berkowitz reference, but his delivery was great.

In general, I thought Ozzie got off fairly unscathed. I was surprised that a lot of the ammo was aimed at Frank Thomas, who wasn't even there.

Ozzie Jr. actually came off (no pun intended for those who were there) as the adult in the room, but he needs to fire whoever wrote his stuff. He should see somebody about that voice.

Joe Cowley pretty much confirmed his cozy relationship with the Guillens, co-confirmed by the Guillen boys gushing over him.

WHO thought Roberto Hernandez would be entertaining?

The Oney treatment was not surprising. He was continuosly booed during his entire turn at the mic., but the sight of his startlingly bleach blond "date" in a bright red short dress high tailing it across the room to give one of the hecklers her wrath, was worth the price of admission.

At the end Ozzie verbally assaulted the crowd about Oney's treatment, specifically the guy they threw out who he called a series of names that wouldn't get by the languauge filter, but ended the series of epitaths with "....You Southsider" which stunned the crowd a bit

gobears1987
01-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Oney being a twit is not a shock to anyone. I hate that when people rightfully bash Oney that they group him with the rest of Ozzie's sons. I don't know much about Ozney (other than he's in the farm system), but I do know that Ozzie Jr. doesn't act completely like an idiot. I actually liked his show he used to have on The Score. Heck, he even questioned some of Ozzie Sr.'s moves from time to time. I wonder if Oney tweeted about that. :redneck

DickAllen72
01-22-2011, 10:35 AM

I wish I would have seen that tweet when I was there. I sat right next to the kid that got slapped by Oney's skank and tossed out for doing almost nothing.

And, she was a skank. I would love to meet Oney because I hate that punk. And, quite a lot of people were booing him not just a few.

Believe me, there was no shortage of foul language by anyone up there! Wow! It was nasty and wouldn't have been broadcast anywhere.

A lot of people were very liquored up including Ozzie.

At the end Ozzie verbally assaulted the crowd about Oney's treatment, specifically the guy they threw out who he called a series of names that wouldn't get by the languauge filter, but ended the series of epitaths with "....You Southsider" which stunned the crowd a bit
Sounds like a real classy event.

So a kid gets assaulted by a skank and then he's the one who gets thrown out for the crime of heckling someone during a roast? I guess they did the kid a favor by getting him out of the gutter.

Hopefully the Sox win the World Series this year and then Ozzie retires. What an embarrassment he and his family are to the organization. He uses the term "Southsider" as a pejorative against a White Sox fan. What an idiot.

Brian26
01-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Unbelievable statement about Oney that he'd send a girl over to confront the heckler knowing full well there could be no retribution.

Viva Medias B's
01-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Oney being a twit is not a shock to anyone. I hate that when people rightfully bash Oney that they group him with the rest of Ozzie's sons. I don't know much about Ozney (other than he's in the farm system), but I do know that Ozzie Jr. doesn't act completely like an idiot. I actually liked his show he used to have on The Score. Heck, he even questioned some of Ozzie Sr.'s moves from time to time. I wonder if Oney tweeted about that. :redneck

Ozzie Jr. is much more level-headed than Oney and probably more level-headed than his father too. Ozney is quiet. He still has his show on the Score during the baseball season, of which Oney is a co-host. However, Oney last year did not really spill vitriol on the show like he does on Twitter.

SOX ADDICT '73
01-22-2011, 11:23 AM
...He uses the term "Southsider" as a pejorative against a White Sox fan. What an idiot.
What's the likelihood that he meant to call the guy a "Northsider?" He was, by all accounts, pretty liquored up, and even a sober Ozzie's grasp of the English language is tenuous at best...

soltrain21
01-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Sounded like a stupid idea from the get go. Sounds like it turned out even worse.

NLaloosh
01-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Unbelievable statement about Oney that he'd send a girl over to confront the heckler knowing full well there could be no retribution.

That really sounds like him. From where I was sitting it looked like he weighed about 135 pounds so the thought of him threatening someone physically is a joke.

I'm sure he's afraid of his own skank.

mzh
01-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Really? People are using a ****ing Roast, of which the POINT is to be controversial, as fodder to run Ozzie out of town? Shocking. If Ozzie got into a fender bender that wasn't his fault I'm sure some of you would say he's out of control, an embarrassment to Chicago, and needs to go. Please, get over your blind hatred. I'll take Ozzie embarrassing the city with a perennial contender than the robot-like Terry Bevington.

The second Ozzie leaves and we end up with another Gene Lamont I think we'll be missing him. Just my opinion.

:duck:

soltrain21
01-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Really? People are using a ****ing Roast, of which the POINT is to be controversial, as fodder to run Ozzie out of town? Shocking. If Ozzie got into a fender bender that wasn't his fault I'm sure some of you would say he's out of control, an embarrassment to Chicago, and needs to go. Please, get over your blind hatred. I'll take Ozzie embarrassing the city with a perennial contender than the robot-like Terry Bevington.

The second Ozzie leaves and we end up with another Gene Lamont I think we'll be missing him. Just my opinion.

:duck:

I'm not on the "fire Ozzie" wagon right now, but you realize you can have a contender and a manager who doesn't say the stupidest **** he can, right?

mzh
01-22-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm not on the "fire Ozzie" wagon right now, but you realize you can have a contender and a manager who doesn't say the stupidest **** he can, right?
Oh yes I understand, but we've seen too many run-of-the-mill mediocre managers. I'll take Ozzie's ****, because he's a proven winner. If we had just come off our 3rd straight 70-win season I'd be more critical, but we just won 88 games on a very exciting season. I also don't see how Ozzie is "an embarrassment to Chicago", or even the team. I know plenty of fans of other fanbases who think Ozzie's crap is hilarious. The Sox have been a contending team the last 10 years, and I don't think other people are dumb enough to take what Ozzie says seriously and define the team by it.

DirtySox
01-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Woah.

Next you are gonna tell me it's possible to have a good major league club AND a decent farm system concurrently.

hi im skot
01-22-2011, 01:36 PM

Ozzie Jr. was a complete gentleman to my sister at her Make-a-Wish event a couple years ago. Then again, so was Ozzie.

russ99
01-22-2011, 01:50 PM

Where does the book on managing say you can't say dumb things?

I got news for you, a lot of people around baseball say lots of dumb things, because there's a mind numbing amount of times you have to talk to the press.

Unreal. Some people just don't like Ozzie and look for any excuse, especially at a roast where going in it's obvious there's going to be some things said that will be offensive.

Guys got drunk, Oney showed what an idiot he is and money got raised for charity. How does that affect the White Sox one iota??

gobears1987
01-22-2011, 01:59 PM

I got news for you, a lot of people around baseball say lots of dumb things, because there's a mind numbing amount of times you have to talk to the press.

Unreal. Some people just don't like Ozzie and look for any excuse, especially at a roast where going in it's obvious there's going to be some things said that will be offensive.

Guys got drunk, Oney showed what an idiot he is and money got raised for charity. How does that affect the White Sox one iota??

I agree with everything said in this post. It's funny that many of the same people screaming for Ozzie to be fired are the same people who were screaming about Ozzie when he wasn't playing BAAA every day.

TheOldRoman
01-22-2011, 02:31 PM
So a kid gets assaulted by a skank and then he's the one who gets thrown out for the crime of heckling someone during a roast? I guess they did the kid a favor by getting him out of the gutter.I hope the guy who was slapped by said skank called the cops and had her arrested for assault, but I'm sure he didn't. I didn't go to the event, as I was skeptical of how funny it could be. I mean, if you are counting on Joe Cowley and Score "personalities" like Dan Bernstein to provide a good portion of your material, you are out of luck. I am guessing Cowley misinterpreted the event as a roast of Phil Rogers and spent the whole night ripping on him, right?

Ranger
01-22-2011, 02:52 PM
All around a good evening, with a heavy dose of awkward thrown in. (I had no intention of going but a friend had an extra ticket.)

Rongey basically held the whole thing together and was pretty funny. I assume a lot of his stuff was written for him, including a really dusty David Berkowitz reference, but his delivery was great.

Written for me? I'm insulted. Actually, I didn't get any help with the writing. If I was going to get help, I figure they should've just had someone else do it.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time on the Berkowitz reference, but he was the first notoriously famous psycho I thought of. I don't think it was that dusty.

roylestillman
01-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Written for me? I'm insulted. Actually, I didn't get any help with the writing. If I was going to get help, I figure they should've just had someone else do it.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time on the Berkowitz reference, but he was the first notoriously famous psycho I thought of. I don't think it was that dusty.

Sorry Ranger.

Actually it was the Berkowitz (Son of Sam) reference that gave me that idea. That was 35 years ago and I didn't think you were alive.

Anyway, nice job. At the next roast I'll make sure to stand and yell "Author! Author!" at the end.

SephClone89
01-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Actually it was the Berkowitz (Son of Sam) reference that gave me that idea. That was 35 years ago and I didn't think you were alive.

If we were restricted to only referencing things from our own lifetimes, my life would be very hollow indeed.

cub killer
01-22-2011, 04:13 PM
What's the likelihood that he meant to call the guy a "Northsider?" He was, by all accounts, pretty liquored up, and even a sober Ozzie's grasp of the English language is tenuous at best...
Or maybe he was being ironic. In the same way an Irishman would insult his Irish friend using Irish stereotypes.

No one here should be shocked or offended by anything Ozzie says, we all know he never means any harm. He may be the first to insult you, but he'd also be the first to buy you a beer.

soltrain21
01-22-2011, 04:22 PM

I wasn't even talking about the roast. I don't care about the roast.

Ozzie says stupid ****. Ozzie's son says stupid ****. Last year it had an impact on the team. This year is yet to be determined. All we know so far is that Thornton said this stuff has to go away.

DickAllen72
01-22-2011, 05:21 PM
I hope the guy who was slapped by said skank called the cops and had her arrested for assault, but I'm sure he didn't. I didn't go to the event, as I was skeptical of how funny it could be. I mean, if you are counting on Joe Cowley and Score "personalities" like Dan Bernstein to provide a good portion of your material, you are out of luck. I am guessing Cowley misinterpreted the event as a roast of Phil Rogers and spent the whole night ripping on him, right?
Well put. :thumbsup:

NLaloosh
01-23-2011, 02:59 AM
Or maybe he was being ironic. In the same way an Irishman would insult his Irish friend using Irish stereotypes.

No one here should be shocked or offended by anything Ozzie says, we all know he never means any harm. He may be the first to insult you, but he'd also be the first to buy you a beer.

Although I was at the event and listening intently, as in everyday life, I couldn't understand most of what Ozzie said.

I had to ask my buddy, for whom I was the designated driver, what Ozzie said. Naturally, he gave his opinion with a questioned look on his face. It's awful hard to be pissed at a guy when you can never really be sure what he said to you.:smile:

BainesHOF
01-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Dan McNeil is about to talk about the roast on the Score. He's going to have a lot of bad things to say about it. He's been saying it was not good for the Score or Ozzie.

ChiSoxGirl
01-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Update from the roast: Rongey is hilarious, Oney got booed off, and Roberto Hernandez is either drunk or a horrible public speaker.

He was drunk. He happened to be staying on the same floor as me at the Palmer House. I was sitting on the couch on my phone out by the elevators around 1:30 Friday night and Roberto Hernandez stumbled off the elevator and kept walking back & forth between the 100s and 200s on the eighth floor. He turned around and looked at me, puzzled. "I can't find my room!" he said to me. I asked what his room number was, and sent him in the right direction. With that, he stumbled away. :tongue:

salty99
01-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Geez they actually brought the heckler on the air.

NLaloosh
01-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Oh man, I missed it. I wish I could have heard that. The kid's name was Will if I remember right and he was really okay and having fun. I was booing Oney also. But, he was louder.

What do they say about the roast and the incident?

salty99
01-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Oh man, I missed it. I wish I could have heard that. The kid's name was Will if I remember right and he was really okay and having fun. I was booing Oney also. But, he was louder.

What do they say about the roast and the incident?

He said he was drinking and was booing Oney and was shocked he was even up there. He then said he started chants of Bobby Bobby when the girlfriend came over and she slapped him. He claim he didn't insult her but he wasn't very convincing if you ask me.

Lorenzo Barcelo
01-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Matt Spiegel asked if he called her a name that rhymes with the Chicago street "Lunt." William said he didn't, but Spiegel acted as if he was lying.

Domeshot17
01-25-2011, 10:07 PM
They should have invited Brian Anderson to beat up Ozzie's kid again.

NLaloosh
01-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Matt Spiegel asked if he called her a name that rhymes with the Chicago street "Lunt." William said he didn't, but Spiegel acted as if he was lying.

I can tell you for a fact that the kid never said a word to her. I was sitting right next to him the whole time.

To tell you the truth she acted like complete trash. It's too bad that she was allowed to get away with it.

The kid never used profanity at all. If they didn't like it they could have just asked a security person to tell him that he would have to stop or be asked to leave. Instead they just let this skank run the place.

It was very unprofessional. And, whoever let Oney speak in the first place should be fired. I thought it would create even more of a riot than it did.

Dub25
01-25-2011, 10:28 PM
To those that were there and booed Oney, good for you. Hopefully Ozzie Sr will get it now because with the off-season moves the only thing I worry about now is Oney popping off at some point in 2011.

ewokpelts
01-26-2011, 12:37 PM
ozzie's website ran a photo of his table at the roast. oney's lady does indeed look like she on on someone's payroll that evening.

mzh
01-26-2011, 04:32 PM
ozzie's website ran a photo of his table at the roast. oney's lady does indeed look like she on on someone's payroll that evening.
Ozzie has a website? What an egomaniac! He's a detriment to Chicago and needs to go!

cub killer
01-26-2011, 04:34 PM
They should have invited Brian Anderson to beat up Ozzie's kid again.
When did B.A. beat up one of Ozzie's kids?

kittle42
01-26-2011, 04:35 PM
When did B.A. beat up one of Ozzie's kids?

Quite obviously before the game on day 2 of the 2006 season.

TomBradley72
01-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Quite obviously before the game on day 2 of the 2006 season.

Another BA thread!

goon
01-26-2011, 08:49 PM
I wasn't even talking about the roast. I don't care about the roast.

Ozzie says stupid ****. Ozzie's son says stupid ****. Last year it had an impact on the team. This year is yet to be determined. All we know so far is that Thornton said this stuff has to go away.

I agree.

Matt Thornton for player/manager pleaze.

Brian26
01-26-2011, 09:29 PM
It was very unprofessional. And, whoever let Oney speak in the first place should be fired. I thought it would create even more of a riot than it did.

Then Oney should have fired himself since "Triple Crown Productions" ran the event, and that's Oney and Ozzie Jr's playtime company.

Ranger
01-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Then Oney should have fired himself since "Triple Crown Productions" ran the event, and that's Oney and Ozzie Jr's playtime company.

Triple Crown did not run it.

SephClone89
01-26-2011, 09:58 PM

Triple Crown did not run it.

Brian, you just got

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/the-lone-ranger1.jpg

RANGERED

soltrain21
01-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Brian, you just got

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/the-lone-ranger1.jpg

RANGERED

You just leveled up.

SephClone89
01-26-2011, 10:10 PM
You just leveled up.

Are you referring to my new Silver membership?