PDA

View Full Version : Gorzalanny Traded

Lip Man 1
01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
To Washington for three prospects. Would have been nice to see if Kenny could have gotten him for starting pitcher insurance.

Lip

aryzner
01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Do the Cubs even have a LHP in their rotation now?

tstrike2000
01-17-2011, 04:21 PM
To Washington for three prospects. Would have been nice to see if Kenny could have gotten him for starting pitcher insurance.

Lip

Problem may have been what the Cubs would have wanted in return.

Noneck
01-17-2011, 04:58 PM

Lip

If only the Sox had prospects to give.

TDog
01-17-2011, 07:28 PM
If only the Sox had prospects to give.

I don't think this is a matter of the White Sox not having the prospects. I don't believe there is any reason for the White Sox to have interest in Gorzalanny.

This is one case where the White Sox would be better off with the prospects, even the prospects they do have. I believe the White Sox are better off without Gorzalanny, and he is probably better off in the National League.

Noneck
01-17-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't believe there is any reason for the White Sox to have interest in Gorzalanny.

That of course depends on the cost. Another experienced starter would give Sale the experience in AA he needs as a starter.

DSpivack
01-17-2011, 08:08 PM
I don't think this is a matter of the White Sox not having the prospects. I don't believe there is any reason for the White Sox to have interest in Gorzalanny.

This is one case where the White Sox would be better off with the prospects, even the prospects they do have. I believe the White Sox are better off without Gorzalanny, and he is probably better off in the National League.

Gorzelanny grew up up in the south suburbs a White Sox fan, no?

Of course, that has zero to do with his value on the mound.

VMSNS
01-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Supposedly, two of the three prospects are OF Michael Burgess, and RHP AJ Morris.

doublem23
01-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Tom Gorzelanny ****ing sucks

Harry Potter
01-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Gorzelanny grew up up in the south suburbs a White Sox fan, no?

You are correct. In fact, the White Sox drafted him in 2000 but he opted to go to college, first to Kansas, then to Triton and was then drafted by Pittsburgh in 2003.

palehozenychicty
01-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Gorzelanny isn't very good. We'd be better off living with Sale in the rotation and allowing him to develop. I mean, we can't take everyone's trash and turn it into a treasure.