PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Single Ticket ON-SALE dates announced

ewokpelts
01-17-2011, 01:58 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/presale_singlegame.jsp

April and May games will go on sale 1/21 @ 10am(Opening Day is not part of this sale).

General On sale is 2/11 @10AM.

russ99
01-17-2011, 02:29 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/presale_singlegame.jsp

April and May games will go on sale 1/21 @ 10am(Opening Day is not part of this sale).

General On sale is 2/11 @10AM.

I really like this, as not only are the Sox able to sell more tickets to these early games, but also as an incentive give purchasers of these games early access to the rest of season as a presale date.

Gonna have to check my dates early this year...

hi im skot
01-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Any word on when opening day tix do go on sale?

ewokpelts
01-17-2011, 02:57 PM
any word on when opening day tix do go on sale?2/11. You can also get them NOW via an Ozzie plan purchase or the Hit and Run 27 game plan.

SephClone89
01-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't make it to the home opener this year after all. My two most important classes both meet on Thursdays.

I'll try to get a ticket to the Friday night and/or Saturday game, though. Will there be any codes, ewok?

DumpJerry
01-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't make it to the home opener this year after all. My two most important classes both meet on Tuesdays.

I'll try to get a ticket to the Friday night and/or Saturday game, though. Will there be any codes, ewok?
You do realize April 7th is a Thursday?

SephClone89
01-17-2011, 03:22 PM
You do realize April 7th is a Thursday?

:redneck

Yeah, typo.

If it was Opening Day I would definitely go. Since it's only the home opener, I feel okay with trading it in for the second and third home games of the season and a weekend at home.

ewokpelts
01-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't make it to the home opener this year after all. My two most important classes both meet on Thursdays.

I'll try to get a ticket to the Friday night and/or Saturday game, though. Will there be any codes, ewok?not right now, but there WILL be.

SephClone89
01-17-2011, 03:34 PM
not right now, but there WILL be.

Cheers. I'll probably spring for the May 16th 1/2 price Monday against the Rangers this week, then get my hands on the April 8th or 9th games later.

Fenway
01-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I really like this, as not only are the Sox able to sell more tickets to these early games, but also as an incentive give purchasers of these games early access to the rest of season as a presale date.

Gonna have to check my dates early this year...

Boston started this trend a few years ago but sells them starting in early December with the thinking people will buy the cold weather games as holiday gifts. They then the rest on sale the last Saturday of January ( except NYY and this year Flubs which are by lottery)

ewokpelts
01-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Boston started this trend a few years ago but sells them starting in early December with the thinking people will buy the cold weather games as holiday gifts. They then the rest on sale the last Saturday of January ( except NYY and this year Flubs which are by lottery)it's clever as the red sox know thier STH # really isnt changing anytime soon, so they know that these offerings(selling april/may games early as well as the 4 game sox packs) wont hurt the brand.

in fact, i have to admit the red sox handle thier ticket sales very well. unlike a certain team that plays in east lakeview.

ewokpelts
01-24-2011, 02:54 PM
the april/may presale has row 1 seats in the upper reserve. I've never seen seats that low in a presale.

soxlady8
01-25-2011, 05:34 PM
There is a code.
Anyone have the code ?
Hoping using a code could save some $$ as I would like to purchase
a few already. It will give me something to look forward to !

ewokpelts
01-25-2011, 05:43 PM
There is a code.
Anyone have the code ?
Hoping using a code could save some $$ as I would like to purchase
a few already. It will give me something to look forward to !

Mod Edit: no more posting of any codes whatsoever.
no discount though

chisoxfanatic
01-25-2011, 05:52 PM
the april/may presale has row 1 seats in the upper reserve. I've never seen seats that low in a presale.
Does this mean that there are quite possibly less season ticket holders?

Also, when do the discount codes come out?

soxlady8
01-25-2011, 07:49 PM
thanks Ewok --
I thought they might throw a dog a bone and give like 5-10 bucks off the tickets (not a big discount ).
Oh well :(

ewokpelts
01-26-2011, 01:51 PM
thanks Ewok --
I thought they might throw a dog a bone and give like 5-10 bucks off the tickets (not a big discount ).
Oh well :(mondays are still 1/2 off. and the codes will be good starting the week after tickets go on sale to the general public

ewokpelts
01-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Does this mean that there are quite possibly less season ticket holders?

Also, when do the discount codes come out?They talked about this at soxfest. The ticket sales staff gave better seats to the box office for the presale.

salty99
01-26-2011, 02:24 PM
mondays are still 1/2 off. and the codes will be good starting the week after tickets go on sale to the general public

Did anyone else notice upper reserved is $5 off on half-price MOnday's, not actually half-price?

SephClone89
01-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Did anyone else notice upper reserved is $5 off on half-price MOnday's, not actually half-price?

Yes. This was addressed elsewhere.

Upper reserved has undergone a price cut since last season anyway.

ewokpelts
01-26-2011, 03:25 PM

Yes. This was addressed elsewhere.

Upper reserved has undergone a price cut since last season anyway.Yes. But I also assume most people buy lower level tix when possible on monday games.

As for the price, the UDR has been decreased in price for regular and prime games. As those are the games the sox need the most help attendance wise on, it makes sense. And I'll take it considering that the sox upped the payroll but were still able to offer some price relief to fans that have seen prices increase every year since 2002.

Harry Potter
01-26-2011, 03:32 PM
And I'll take it considering that the sox upped the payroll but were still able to offer some price relief to fans that have seen prices increase every year since 2002.

Didn't they freeze ticket prices from 2009 to 2010? I know my season ticket price stayed the same last year.

chisoxfanatic
01-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Didn't they freeze ticket prices from 2009 to 2010? I know my season ticket price stayed the same last year.
Season ticket prices were frozen, but box office ticket prices went up.

ewokpelts
01-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Didn't they freeze ticket prices from 2009 to 2010? I know my season ticket price stayed the same last year.box office price went up.

and only season ticket renewals were frozen.

DumpJerry
02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
It's official (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/02/individual-game-white-sox-tickets-on-sale-feb-11.html).

FielderJones
02-01-2011, 06:03 PM
It's official (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/02/individual-game-white-sox-tickets-on-sale-feb-11.html).

Do you pay TicketBastard fees if you buy at Bulls/Sox Academy?

ewokpelts
02-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Do you pay TicketBastard fees if you buy at Bulls/Sox Academy?I belive they are fee-free. of course, a quick call to the sox can clear that up. 1-312-674-1000

soxfanreggie
02-03-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm looking forward to being able to buy tickets, as I will be up there for at least the second half of the season. Hopefully I'll be able to attend some of the WSI events too!

Foulke You
02-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Mod Edit: no more posting of any codes whatsoever

no discount though
Is that the SPC pre sale code?

ewokpelts
02-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Is that the SPC pre sale code?no. the april/may presale from last week.

the spc presale code wont be here til wed.

palehosepub
02-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Got in right at 10am for the season ticket presales, picked up extra opening day, 4th of july, weds cubs game, and two redsox games.
Cubs and opening day were all upper deck, I did get LD for July 4th and Red Sox series. Anyone get lower deck on OD or cubs?

WhiteSoxFTW
02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
I purchased tickets for a game in late April. I was told if I used that specific link I could buy tickets a day ahead of the 2/11 single-game ticket day.

Fans who purchase tickets during this special presale and choose to receive White Sox e-mails during the sweepstakes entry process also will receive early access to the online “Black List” individual-ticket presale on Thursday, February 10, a day prior to the general public on-sale!

I haven't received a code or anything for this, yet. Has anyone got any info that might help me. Thanks!

WhiffleBall
02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Today was the first day of the season ticket holder presale. Availability was pretty much the same as it is every year. Plenty of seats for high demand games in the upper deck back rows behind home plate and then a little better further down the lines (except for cubs). I picked up extras for the home opener, red sox Saturday game, and Elvis night. All were upper deck with the best seats being in section 531 row 9. Seat options for the cubs games were the worse of all the games that I checked. Yankees were much better. I was pulling up lower reserved for the Yankees in the last row (37) of section 114. I checked a couple of very low demand weekday games and the best available was section 117 row 28. Stubhub will have better options and prices for many games.

Edit: Forgot about July 4th. I just checked and was able to get a whole row (8 seats) in section 116 row 29 for 1/2 price.

shenk16
02-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I was able to pull 4 OD tickets in Section 160 Row 10. I did get in right away and had Section 113 Row 18, but kept trying and wound up with the outfield seats that I would prefer anyway.

GlassSox
02-07-2011, 01:00 PM
I picked up 2 for OD, 535 row 11 :D:

ewokpelts
02-07-2011, 01:06 PM
codes good for today's pre-sale are Mod Edit:No Codes (not my account #)

I bought with my account # 4 OD and 6 tix for each cubs/sox game(per order limit) with shopping cart. i picked all upper reserved, and got decent seats. wed's cubs game i grabbed row 2 aisle seats.

shopping cart is your friend when buying more than one game at a time. you save $3.50 per order by combining them under shopping cart.

ewokpelts
02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
btw, for those looking for elvis night, there are CHEAP tix on stubhub. especially if you dont mind the upper deck.

i grabbed a pair of row 1 tix for $22 each.

beasly213
02-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Total BS on the Sox this year. Claiming only upper deck is available for the opener and yet if you do an Ozzie plan you can get plenty of lower bowl seats.

I get it that they're trying to sell more ozzie plan tix but this is screwing over season ticket holders.

ewokpelts
02-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Total BS on the Sox this year. Claiming only upper deck is available for the opener and yet if you do an Ozzie plan you can get plenty of lower bowl seats.

I get it that they're trying to sell more ozzie plan tix but this is screwing over season ticket holders.
i didnt see them mention that UD was all they had for big games.

and this is a pre-sale for SINGLE GAME TICKETS. season ticket holders were taken care of when they bought thier packages.

and they need to have good tix to pump up ozzie plan sales. especially this year.

amsteel
02-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Won't those LD seats get released closer to OD if they're not picked up by Ozzie plan buyers?

I'm gonna try for LD on Weds. for the Pride Club presale and if non are available I'll pick up 2 UD and check the week before the game for LD seats.

ewokpelts
02-07-2011, 01:31 PM
oh, and let's be honest. most ST holders are buying extras to FLIP.

hi im skot
02-07-2011, 01:32 PM

Uh...nope.

ewokpelts
02-07-2011, 01:34 PM
single game sales and ozzie plan sales are from different inventories.

they only get mixed together when it's a week before the next homestand.

opening day is very popular, so it makes sense that upper deck's left 2 hours after the presale opened.

beasly213
02-07-2011, 01:43 PM
single game sales and ozzie plan sales are from different inventories.

they only get mixed together when it's a week before the next homestand.

opening day is very popular, so it makes sense that upper deck's left 2 hours after the presale opened.

I was on at 10am trying for lowers and I'm not buying to flip them I'm buying to go to the game since I'm a weekend ticket holder. This has never happened to me before. I called my rep and he is supposed to call me back. Hopefully I'm able to get them from him.

Chez
02-07-2011, 02:26 PM
I was on at 10 and got 4 UD for the Tuesday game against the Cubs. Section 533 -- great location.

Sad
02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
scarfed up a couple UD Premium BOX (536) for 6/4 vs. Detroit
Motown-themed fireworks night :smile:

hotel rates seem high for that Sat night-
wonder what else is going on that weekend?

Jason82807
02-07-2011, 05:54 PM
oh, and let's be honest. most ST holders are buying extras to FLIP.

I doubt that. Normally I'd say you're right but except for the Boston series and Elvis night, all the premium games are weekday/nights. That, combined with a significant price increase this year for single premium game sales, means anyone buying these just to flip will probably have a hard time doing it.

soxfan21
02-07-2011, 05:55 PM
I got 2 in 160 row 11 for OD, 2 in 117 for July 4th, and also picked up a few other half price Monday games in lower box and club level.

ChiSoxGirl
02-07-2011, 09:20 PM
I picked up 2 for OD, 535 row 11 :D:

We'll be right in front of you!

GlassSox
02-07-2011, 10:09 PM
We'll be right in front of you!

We have seats 16 & 17, sounds like a good time to grip & grin. I'll buy ya' a beer.

ChiSoxGirl
02-08-2011, 10:59 AM
We have seats 16 & 17, sounds like a good time to grip & grin. I'll buy ya' a beer.

We have seats 17 & 18, I think!

ewokpelts
02-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Today's code:
Mod edit: we no longer allow the posting of any codes whatsoever.
Tomorrow's code: Mod edit: we no longer allow the posting of any codes whatsoever.

ewokpelts
02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Today's code:
Tomorrow's code: Mod edit: we no longer allow the posting of any codes whatsoever.dont come crying to me when jerry's bitching about lack of sales

russ99
02-09-2011, 11:17 AM
I did really well with the presale today.

Managed to grab lower level Elvis night and Red Sox, and also a bunch of half price night Club Level seats. :D:

I'm "All in"... shut up Jerry.

stacksedwards
02-09-2011, 11:26 AM
I got nothing today

Cat Thief
02-09-2011, 12:14 PM
dont come crying to me when jerry's bitching about lack of sales

That's one of the funniest posts that I have ever seen on this forum.

kittle42
02-09-2011, 12:47 PM

I was going to comment yesterday and had to log off. Glad someone else did. I mean, it's a nice gesture to post the codes and all, but I don't think not having them on WSI is cutting much into Uncle Jerry's bottom line.

beasly213
02-09-2011, 12:53 PM
What about all those "Heritage Nights" and Grand Slam groups. Will we be allowed to post those?

salty99
02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
I got my opening day ticket!

Jason82807
02-09-2011, 01:47 PM
I was going to comment yesterday and had to log off. Glad someone else did. I mean, it's a nice gesture to post the codes and all, but I don't think not having them on WSI is cutting much into Uncle Jerry's bottom line.

Mod edit: what part of this threa (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126009)d did you not understand? Check out the thread when you're able to come back.

Cat Thief
02-09-2011, 01:56 PM
I was happy with presale today. 4 openers, even thought they are in the UD. I probably could have waited and bought some lowers off of TM closer to Opening Day.

4 Club Level for Elvis night.

All good.

:gulp:

SoxRox
02-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Today's code:
Tomorrow's code: Mod edit: we no longer allow the posting of any codes whatsoever.

I hope that you reconsider this policy. :scratch:

I have always appreciated the fact that a Sox fan could usually find a discount code to a game they were interested in attending on the WSI boards. A very practical benefit for the budget-conscious among us.

SephClone89
02-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Got a couple tickets for my Dad and I for June 6th, five for the whole family on July 4th, two for July 25th, and a couple for Sox/Sox and Frank's statue dedication.

Already have tickets for April 8th, 10th, and May 16th. Hoping to squeeze in one of the Twins games in July, and Buehrle bobblehead day.

DumpJerry
02-09-2011, 03:06 PM
I hope that you reconsider this policy. :scratch:

I have always appreciated the fact that a Sox fan could usually find a discount code to a game they were interested in attending on the WSI boards. A very practical benefit for the budget-conscious among us.
Please read this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126009). Many people pay thousands of dollars to have the benefit of getting those codes. Why should someone else get them for free?

The pre-sale codes are not for discounted tickets. They are a benefit for season ticket holders to get tickets before they are released to the general public. As far as the in-season discount codes are concerned, they are for specific organizations designated by the White Sox. If you're a member of one of the organizations, then you get to have a discount.

DumpJerry
02-09-2011, 03:19 PM
What about all those "Heritage Nights" and Grand Slam groups. Will we be allowed to post those?
Here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126009) is the WSI policy. The Sox release those codes to people who are eligible to receive them by whatever criteria the Sox establish. If they want to release codes to the general public, I'm sure the team's marketing department will let the fan base know about them.

DumpJerry
02-09-2011, 03:20 PM
dont come crying to me when jerry's bitching about lack of sales

Making people wait one extra week to buy tickets at the same price won't cost the Sox one cent.

SephClone89
02-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Making people wait one extra week to buy tickets at the same price won't cost the Sox one cent.

I think they're referring to the in-season discount codes in this case.

DumpJerry
02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
I think they're referring to the in-season discount codes in this case.
No, that was in response to the removal of the pre-sale codes.

Warriorjan
02-09-2011, 05:01 PM
I got section 106 Elvis Night tickets this morning. When I went to go back to check out other tickets, now I can't access the ticketmaster website, Internet Explorer is giving me an error code.
Any ideas?

tacosalbarojas
02-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Please read this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126009). Many people pay thousands of dollars to have the benefit of getting those codes. Why should someone else get them for free?

The pre-sale codes are not for discounted tickets. They are a benefit for season ticket holders to get tickets before they are released to the general public. As far as the in-season discount codes are concerned, they are for specific organizations designated by the White Sox. If you're a member of one of the organizations, then you get to have a discount.
As one those people, I thank you.

hi im skot
02-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126009) is the WSI policy. The Sox release those codes to people who are eligible to receive them by whatever criteria the Sox establish. If they want to release codes to the general public, I'm sure the team's marketing department will let the fan base know about them.

They do. They post them all over the official site.

russ99
02-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I got section 106 Elvis Night tickets this morning. When I went to go back to check out other tickets, now I can't access the ticketmaster website, Internet Explorer is giving me an error code.
Any ideas?

From the Pride club presale e-mail:

"Between the hours of 10 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. CT tomorrow, February 9"

The blacklist presale is the same hours tomorrow.

DumpJerry
02-09-2011, 05:12 PM
They do. They post them all over the official site.
Thanks for the info. Now people know where to go to get the codes.

hi im skot
02-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the info. Now people know where to go to get the codes.

:rolleyes:

How dare we try to give other WSI members a heads-up!

Warriorjan
02-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Why would the hours of the presale tomorrow affect whether I can access ticketmaster today? I have codes for both days.

dwitt76
02-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Bought tickets yesterday for opening day. 3rd straight OD :bandance:

bridgeportcopper
02-10-2011, 10:46 AM
:rolleyes:

How dare we try to give other WSI members a heads-up!

Quit the crying!

kittle42
02-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Quit the crying!

Yeah! Chicago Tough.

WhiteSoxFTW
02-10-2011, 11:45 AM
It seems like OD tickets are sold out? I just tried on ticketmaster with my code I got this morning in my email for the day early sale.

ewokpelts
02-10-2011, 12:00 PM
It seems like OD tickets are sold out? I just tried on ticketmaster with my code I got this morning in my email for the day early sale.the black list code is showing nothing available to buy. the april/may code is not working period.

nug0hs
02-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Today's "presale" was a complete joke. They must have released about 50 tickets total across all dates. I couldn't even find Royals tickets at 10:04 ! :scratch:

SephClone89
02-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Today's "presale" was a complete joke. They must have released about 50 tickets total across all dates. I couldn't even find Royals tickets at 10:04 ! :scratch:

Was that the April/May presale or the Blacklist presale?

CHISOXFAN13
02-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Try again. I just got a pair in 512.

I searched four different times until I got a pair that was a little bit lower in the reserved section.

Soxman24
02-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Just scored a couple for upper reserved on opening day.

Rocky Soprano
02-10-2011, 12:37 PM
I scored 6 for Opening Day.
13 rows up in the UD but at least I will be there for my 10th opener in a row!

:bandance:

KenBerryGrab
02-10-2011, 12:40 PM

I just now got 4 in row 6 in 531, right behind the plate, for the Monday night game in late July against the Tigers.

Sad
02-10-2011, 01:16 PM

huh?
I got 2 for OD in 552 Row 14 aisle
also 2 UD Premium Box for Aug 31
I seen lots available for other games as well
even CLUB seats

ewokpelts
02-10-2011, 01:32 PM
huh?
I got 2 for OD in 552 Row 14 aisle
also 2 UD Premium Box for Aug 31
I seen lots available for other games as well
even CLUB seatsthe early bird pre-sale today was bad. there were no tickets available, and the code wasnt even good. you had to use the black list presale code, and it still didnt give you ticekts

WhiteSoxFTW
02-10-2011, 01:34 PM
It's finally working for me now, but I really don't want to sit 13-16 rows up in the UD in the outfield corners.

I plan on buying in the secondary market for any lower deck or UD rows 1-4.

Right now all lower deck are $100+. What do you guys think about the prices going down before OD?

ewokpelts
02-10-2011, 01:36 PM
It's finally working for me now, but I really don't want to sit 13-16 rows up in the UD in the outfield corners.

I plan on buying in the secondary market for any lower deck or UD rows 1-4.

Right now all lower deck are $100+. What do you guys think about the prices going down before OD?it'll drop a bit. remember, there are still tickets tied up in group sales, ozzie plans, and season tickets. as those inventories are emptied, you may see some decent seats pop up

WhiteSoxFTW
02-10-2011, 01:39 PM
it'll drop a bit. remember, there are still tickets tied up in group sales, ozzie plans, and season tickets. as those inventories are emptied, you may see some decent seats pop up

I did find two front row sec 509 for $50 each. I'm tempted to snag those now and just be done with it.

ewokpelts
02-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I did find two front row sec 509 for $50 each. I'm tempted to snag those now and just be done with it.that's a goodprice. take them.

btw, if you have paypal, there's a way to get reduced stubhub fees by linking from your paypal account

ewokpelts
02-10-2011, 01:42 PM
BTW, if you want, cubs/sox AND home opener tix can be bought in lots as big as 8 tickets. The previous pre-sale dates were 4 tix max for OD, and 6 tix max each cubs/sox date.

all other ticket limits are still 19.

WhiteSoxFTW
02-10-2011, 01:51 PM
that's a goodprice. take them.

btw, if you have paypal, there's a way to get reduced stubhub fees by linking from your paypal account

Hmm, I just linked mine, but the 10.00 charge is still the same.

Sad
02-10-2011, 02:02 PM
the early bird pre-sale today was bad. there were no tickets available, and the code wasnt even good. you had to use the black list presale code, and it still didnt give you ticekts

I did use the Black List presale code

I just checked again and found more for O.D.
and for Cubs (which I did not buy)

maybe because I am only looking for 2 seats?

ewokpelts
02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I did use the Black List presale code

I just checked again and found more for O.D.
and for Cubs (which I did not buy)

maybe because I am only looking for 2 seats?they didnt turn on the pre-sale till 11am. the april/may code was meant to start at 10am

ewokpelts
02-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Hmm, I just linked mine, but the 10.00 charge is still the same.i have paypal advantage. maybe you do not. I assumed it was for all customers.

i donmt even pay for the tickets with my paypal acct. i just have to clicka link and i get the discount.

beasly213
02-10-2011, 05:26 PM
I went ahead and ordered an Ozzie plan. All the Mondays minus July 4th in Lowers, Opening Day Lower Reserved, Cubs/Sox Lower Reserved and a couple random ones in upper reserved.

It averages out to about $24.00 a ticket.

Good deal Sox.

ewokpelts
02-10-2011, 05:44 PM
I went ahead and ordered an Ozzie plan. All the Mondays minus July 4th in Lowers, Opening Day Lower Reserved, Cubs/Sox Lower Reserved and a couple random ones in upper reserved.

It averages out to about $24.00 a ticket.

Good deal Sox.why not 7/4? I have have no trouble getting rid of the 1/2 price july 4th games in the past.

beasly213
02-11-2011, 12:04 AM
why not 7/4? I have have no trouble getting rid of the 1/2 price july 4th games in the past.

I'll be out of town that weekend and wanted to pick up another game that month. Otherwise you're right they are easy to get rid of. But this year the Ozzie plan really was a great deal for fans.

shenk16
02-11-2011, 10:41 AM
So what are the odds that there is anything decent left today for the public on sale date? Also, does anyone know if there is a way of finding out if season tickets numbers have gone up or down?

KenBerryGrab
02-11-2011, 10:58 AM
There were a lot of good seats, even for some of the bargain Mondays, yesterday, so I imagine the public sale will have some as well.

ewokpelts
02-11-2011, 11:35 AM
best available for cubs/sox is upper reserved. but you can get 8 tickets at a time for each game.

OD does not have 8 tickets together.

Club level is still available for some 1/2 price mondays

Marqhead
02-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Just bought 2 uppers for Cubs Sox, surprised there's still some available.

Don't know if I'll actually go, maybe I'll flip em to some Cubs fans.

DumpJerry
02-11-2011, 11:53 AM
So what are the odds that there is anything decent left today for the public on sale date? Also, does anyone know if there is a way of finding out if season tickets numbers have gone up or down?

My rep told me the renewal rate was over 90%

I'm not sure if there are any Cub fans left (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/3761701-419/cowley-call-me-crazy-but-its-a-sox-town-now.html) in the world.

soxlady8
02-11-2011, 12:18 PM
I think there are Cubs/Sox ticks left because the series
is during the week. The "frat" party mentality of this series
will probably be much less intense than on the weekend --

Cat Thief
02-11-2011, 12:22 PM

What a great idea.

SephClone89
02-11-2011, 12:25 PM
What a great idea.

I must be missing why this wouldn't be a good idea.

Marqhead
02-11-2011, 12:42 PM

I enjoy the Cubs/Sox game as much as anyone, but if I can get some bonehead to pay double or triple face for a pretty non important game I'm going to.

If not I'll go to the game and have a splendid time.

shenk16
02-11-2011, 12:44 PM

I must be missing why you would think this was a good idea.

1) Why sell tickets to Cubs fans?

2) Trust me, the profit will not be worth your time. They are weekday games and the Cubs had a difficult time themselves selling out Wrigley for a Sox/Cubs weekday series.

Pick some shoddy Upper Deck Sox/Cubs tix up for yourself and I'll gladly take them off your hands on ebay or craigslist for below face price when you can't make a fortune off of them.

SephClone89
02-11-2011, 12:49 PM

Because they will pay a lot of money for them. For a game that is tired and completely unimportant. I personally have zero interest in going to a Sox-Cubs game. Ever.

hi im skot
02-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Because they will pay a lot of money for them. For a game that is tired and completely unimportant. I personally have zero interest in going to a Sox-Cubs game. Ever.

:thumbsup:

shenk16
02-11-2011, 12:59 PM

I agree that the series is tired and lacks any significant importance.

What do you consider "a lot" of money? UD tickets for those games range from $32-$44. People are not paying $100 each for any of these seats. Plus, if they have any brains they can probably go on ticketmaster the week of the game and pick up better seats for face. Maybe I'm giving everybody way too much credit though?

DumpJerry
02-11-2011, 01:02 PM

I enjoy the Cubs/Sox game as much as anyone, but if I can get some bonehead to pay double or triple face for a pretty non important game I'm going to.

If not I'll go to the game and have a splendid time.

2) Trust me, the profit will not be worth your time. They are weekday games and the Cubs had a difficult time themselves selling out Wrigley for a Sox/Cubs weekday series.

Pick some shoddy Upper Deck Sox/Cubs tix up for yourself and I'll gladly take them off your hands on ebay or craigslist for below face price when you can't make a fortune off of them.
I have sold all of my Cub/Sox games on Stubhub for the past four years. I have always gotten almost four times over face (except for one game in '07). I have no idea who is buying the tickets, nor do I care.
Shenk: if I sell the tickets above face, how is the "profit" not worth my time?

shenk16
02-11-2011, 01:10 PM
I have sold all of my Cub/Sox games on Stubhub for the past four years. I have always gotten almost four times over face (except for one game in '07). I have no idea who is buying the tickets, nor do I care.
Shenk: if I sell the tickets above face, how is the "profit" not worth my time?

Let's be honest...if you are getting "almost 4 times over face" for all of these games:

A) They were much better seats than the 15th row down the line Upper Deck seats available

and as previously mentioned

B) They were ALL weekend games

I personally don't believe that making minimal or no profit for crappy seats to a weekday Sox/Cubs game is worth my time or effort. Don't forget to toss in ticketmaster and stubhub or ebay fees as well. Apparently a few of you don't feel that way because you believe that a marginal profit is a sure thing.

hi im skot
02-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Let's be honest...if you are getting "almost 4 times over face" for all of these games:

A) They were much better seats than the 15th row down the line Upper Deck seats available

I personally don't believe that making minimal or no profit for crappy seats to a weekday Sox/Cubs game is worth my time or effort. Don't forget to toss in ticketmaster and stubhub or ebay fees as well. Apparently a few of you don't feel that way because you believe that a marginal profit is a sure thing.

It doesn't really affect you, so why is it such a big deal?

Marqhead
02-11-2011, 01:15 PM

15 minutes is worth my time to make 2-3 hundred bucks, to each his own.

shenk16
02-11-2011, 01:18 PM
It doesn't really affect you, so why is it such a big deal?

Funny you should ask. All I am trying to do is make you guys aware that it isn't a sure thing to spin such a big profit on these tickets this year. In all honesty, good luck to those that have them and if you don't end up selling them for a huge profit I hope to see you there celebrating a White Sox winner with me!

Marqhead
02-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Funny you should ask. All I am trying to do is make you guys aware that it isn't a sure thing to spin such a big profit on these tickets this year. In all honesty, good luck to those that have them and if you don't end up selling them for a huge profit I hope to see you there celebrating a White Sox winner with me!

Remember the part where I said if I couldn't sell them I'd gladly go to the game?

shenk16
02-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Remember the part where I said if I couldn't sell them I'd gladly go to the game?

Along with someone else that said they had zero interest in ever attending such a game. I'm addressing everyone...not just you. Like I said, good luck with getting rid of them and if you don't happen to....enjoy the game.

Marqhead
02-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Along with someone else that said they had zero interest in ever attending such a game. I'm addressing everyone...not just you. Like I said, good luck with getting rid of them and if you don't happen to....enjoy the game.

Well then, 18 posts to end up right back where we were :thumbsup:

Go Sox!

shenk16
02-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Well then, 18 posts to end up right back where we were :thumbsup:

Go Sox!

Sorry...I've been a member for awhile now, but I usually just read and don't post. I guess today was the day for me to jump in and start building up that post count. Thanks for your contributions!

Go Go Sox!

:D:

#1swisher
02-11-2011, 01:30 PM

Did you forget about the Crosstown Cup?

doublem23
02-11-2011, 01:37 PM

I don't know, I was at a Cubs/Sox game a few years ago at Wrigley and it was a lot of fun, there still is a certain juice in the air for those games that doesn't quite exist for other regular season games until you get to the last half of September.

Usually day games, the knuckleheadery is down to a minimum. It's good old fun.

But yeah, if you could flip those for like 2x the face value, why not?

TheCommander
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Did you forget about the Crosstown Cup?

:tealpolice:

DumpJerry
02-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Unless beer sales are suspended for the Sox/Cub series, I don't see the fact that they are weekday night games having much impact on sales. I see plenty of Cub fans at Comiskey at weekday night games as it is.

By the way, sales in my area on Stubhub for the series is already 4x over face. Just sayin'.....

Cat Thief
02-11-2011, 02:52 PM
What is the face value on your tickets for SOX/cubs about $80?

ShooterMcGavin
02-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Face value plus ticketmaster fees minus the 15% Stubhub takes from the seller, correct? 4x over face would be worth it. Even 3, I suppose. 2x face value isn't worth it to me.

kittle42
02-11-2011, 03:17 PM
I do not dispute Dump's claims, but do find it amazing that there is that kind of resale market. Last year, I bought from scalpers at face, and years before, I have never paid more than 2x face. Always lower deck, too.

RealFan
02-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I do not dispute Dump's claims, but do find it amazing that there is that kind of resale market. Last year, I bought from scalpers at face, and years before, I have never paid more than 2x face. Always lower deck, too.

I have consistently been able to sell my Sox/Cubs premium box lowers for about 3x face for the past four years. Granted this is usually through Stub Hub to out of town buyers and very early in the season.

WhiffleBall
02-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Are LL tix selling for 4x face or is 4x face the asking price? If they are selling for that much then I'm really surprised. I did not think there would be a great demand for those tickets considering the cubs look to be mediocre this year and the games are on weeknights.

Last year there were LL tickets behind home plate on ticketmaster a few days before the crosstown series. They were $100 face value after all fees. I think they were VIP/player guest hold backs because we sat next to some of Jake Peavy's friends and family. He had given them their tickets.

kittle42
02-11-2011, 04:23 PM
I have consistently been able to sell my Sox/Cubs premium box lowers for about 3x face for the past four years. Granted this is usually through Stub Hub to out of town buyers and very early in the season.

Good point - as the buyer, I don't even scout the market til about a week before the games.

DumpJerry
02-11-2011, 11:34 PM

Real is right. Most of my sales took place in March and, at the latest, mid-April. This way I get the people who want to make sure they have tickets and not worry about it as we get close to the game. Since it is Stubhub, I don't know which "religion" my buyers have been. Last year I asked the women who sit in front of me about one of the games and they told me it was two young women who were Sox fans.

I jacked up my price this year, I also posted them earlier than normal. I'll see what happens. I'm still among the least expensive in my section. If nothing happens by mid-March, I'll lower my price based on the sales history in my section.

Brian26
02-11-2011, 11:54 PM

I don't doubt Dump either, but yours is an accurate assessment of where these tickets are right now. I think the Cubs-Sox rivalry peaked between 2003-2006. Since 2007, tickets have been available up to the days of game at face or even below face.

DumpJerry
02-12-2011, 12:07 AM
I don't doubt Dump either, but yours is an accurate assessment of where these tickets are right now. I think the Cubs-Sox rivalry peaked between 2003-2006. Since 2007, tickets have been available up to the days of game at face or even below face.
My seats are in row 5 (6 rows from the field) in the lower reserved box. You can't find that at the Box Office. You can spend a ton of cash to sit in my seats and get a ball (lots of fouls land in my area. Last year, a Tiger batter led off the game fouling the first seven pitches within 5 feet of my seats!) and hear the pop of Gordon Beckham's glove when he gets a foul ball or sit in the UD at face and enjoy the Fight Club.