PDA

View Full Version : Next 7 Days

34 Inch Stick
07-01-2002, 03:44 PM
The schedule for the week before the All Star game looks ripe for a White Sox run:

Twins: 3 against Oakland, 4 against Seattle

White Sox: 3 against Detroit, 3 against Cleveland

I expect the White Sox to make up 3 1/2 games before the break. That puts them 2 1/2 back. Then the week and a half after look good as well. That leads up to the series with the Twins 22-24. I have a very good feeling that we will be no worse than tied for first entering the series.

hold2dibber
07-01-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
The schedule for the week before the All Star game looks ripe for a White Sox run:

Twins: 3 against Oakland, 4 against Seattle

White Sox: 3 against Detroit, 3 against Cleveland

I expect the White Sox to make up 3 1/2 games before the break. That puts them 2 1/2 back. Then the week and a half after look good as well. That leads up to the series with the Twins 22-24. I have a very good feeling that we will be no worse than tied for first entering the series.

I certainly hope you're right, but I'm trying not to start thinking ahead, and I certainly hope the team isn't doing so either. I'd be happy if we were within 3-4 next time we play the Twinkies. We don't have to make up the 6 games in a month. But we still need (desparately, if you ask me) another starting pitcher. Without another starter, I think the Sox will win the division only if the Twins fall apart (which I don't think will happen). And even if that happens, without another starter, I cannot see this team beating Oakland or Boston or New York or Seattle in a play-off series.

mrwag
07-01-2002, 05:27 PM
Any ideas on who will be available for the sox to pick up??

hold2dibber
07-01-2002, 05:33 PM
Jeff Suppan or Paul Byrd from K.C., Kenny Rogers, Jeff Weaver, Robert Person, Terry Adams, Paul Wilson, Ryan Rupe, Chris Carpenter, Kelvim Escobar, Esteban Loaiza, Denny Neagle, Mike Hampton, and Chuck Finley are all guys who are rumored to be available. Obviously, quite a mixed bag, and I express no opinion (at this time) regarding which of these guys would be a good fit for the Sox. I also wonder if the Mets don't start making a move, whether Al Leiter (who is a free agent after the season) might be put on the block -- that's the guy I really covet, who could be a true impact acquisition for someone. I know, I'm dreaming.

guillen4life13
07-01-2002, 07:11 PM
ismael valdez is supposed to be available also. i don't think he's that bad at all.

say no to another kenny (rogers). that guy is having a fluke season it looks like. but how does this rotation look?

Buehrle
Valdez
Garland
Ritchie
Wright/Biddle/Glover/Ginter ?

that don't look so shabby to me.

BearSox
07-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Byrds the man! his salary is just right for the Sox and he's won 10 games while playing for the Royals of all teams! He could be the Eldred of 2002 for our Sox.