PDA

View Full Version : haha

Spiff
07-01-2002, 02:11 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-kiley30.html

This was just funny

[Reilly] took out a piece of paper, wrote down an address and told Sosa that he wanted him to go to a clinic about 45 minutes from Wrigley and test for steroids. Reilly told him, Sosa said, that it was the only way he could stop all the speculation and clear his name.

''What are you, my father?'' Sosa angrily asked Reilly.

and then the beautiful part...

That's journalism if you think reporting stories is trying to get involved personally and manipulate them. It's kind of the way ''Hard Copy'' used to cover the news.

I'd say that kind of journalism is right up Kiley's alley, considering journalists are also supposed to remain unbiased and not give their own stupid opinions.

34rancher
07-01-2002, 02:17 PM
I personally think that MLB is trying to play the waiting game long enough for all of the stars to get that stuff out of their systems. They really need to test the hair, not the blood or urine. Also, has anyone else noticed that since the entire steroid brew-haha, that home runs have gone down, especially Sosa's? Just my 2 cents, which aren't even worth that much.

Cheryl
07-01-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
They really need to test the hair...

Well, then we can just wait and see who comes back from the break sporting the Michael Jordan look.

cheeses_h_rice
07-01-2002, 02:29 PM
I love how Sham-ME never comes out and says that he doesn't use steroids. Sure, he'll be the first in line when MLB makes testing mandatory (estimated implementation date: 2007). By that time, he'll be HoF-bound, with 600+ Nandralone/Human Growth Hormone-aided jacks to his credit.

:shammy

Me, I stupid like a fox.

34rancher
07-01-2002, 02:34 PM
If he lives that long.

In that article, I love how he talks about how much "bigger" the rest of the superstars have gotten too. Gee, duh, that is what we are all talking about. Anyone else notice that no one comes close to the home run record in the American League? Why is it that the league that is supposed to be "home run oriented" never has hitters near 60?

FarWestChicago
07-01-2002, 03:24 PM
If he lives that long.

In that article, I love how he talks about how much "bigger" the rest of the superstars have gotten too. Gee, duh, that is what we are all talking about. Anyone else notice that no one comes close to the home run record in the American League? Why is it that the league that is supposed to be "home run oriented" never has hitters near 60? :nandrolone

American Leaguers are wimps.

Dadawg_77
07-01-2002, 04:08 PM
Ball Parks is the answer why there are more HR in the NL then in AL. The parks in the AL are bigger and lower altitudes then the ones in the NL.

34rancher
07-01-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Ball Parks is the answer why there are more HR in the NL then in AL. The parks in the AL are bigger and lower altitudes then the ones in the NL.

Don't forget the Milwaulkee Brewers pitching staff too. To think that they have given up 99 home runs, most of those coming in a "pitchers park".

It is amazing though that out of the top 13 teams in pitching strikeout leaders in MLB that 11 of them are National League. I know, pitchers, but it's really not that close.

Nellie_Fox
07-02-2002, 01:21 AM
Wait and see what the future holds for these guys. Remember pro wrestler Superstar Billy Graham? He has had both hips replaced and one ankle fused, the doctors tell him the other ankle needs to be fused but he won't let them. He says that all of it is a result of steroids eating away at his joints. If you don't believe me, just do a search using "Superstar Billy Graham steroids" as your search term and see what you find.

LongDistanceFan
07-02-2002, 06:13 AM
yeah but i bet he will never admit to using them, ever.

ISUSoxfan
07-02-2002, 06:29 AM
The Fox News Channel just called Sammi out on his Sports Illustrated interview. They told the story about him saying he would be the first in line for streroid testing, then storming off when asked to take a steroid test. The "Fox and Friends" hosts laughed at Sosa out loud on the air this morning. Even nation wide morning talk shows are making fun of Sammi now.

Spiff
07-02-2002, 06:46 AM

Don't forget the Milwaulkee Brewers pitching staff too. To think that they have given up 99 home runs, most of those coming in a "pitchers park".

It is amazing though that out of the top 13 teams in pitching strikeout leaders in MLB that 11 of them are National League. I know, pitchers, but it's really not that close.

I don't think Miller Park is much of a pitcher's park. The ball carries forever.

steff
07-02-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Spiff

I don't think Miller Park is much of a pitcher's park. The ball carries forever.

And it really doesn't look that big. When sitting behind the plate it looks more like a little league park. The balls seem to gravitate to the right field porch.
By the way.. Jim and I will be sitting behind the plate (2nd row) with some Yankee haters. They have agreed to make and hold a Konerko sign, and.. have agreed to put WWW.WHITESOXINTERACTIVE.COM at the bottom of it. Don't know how long it will last. In Boston I sat in "tv" seats and they wouldn't even let us bring our signs down to the seats.