PDA

View Full Version : SoxFest advice

ohiosoxfan
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
I am looking for advice from Palmer House SoxFest veterans:

I haven't been to SoxFest since it was moved to the Palmer House. With single day tickets going on sale Thursday I am considering making the trip from Ohio to take in Saturday's festivities. From other posts, I gather that the Palmer House is a smaller venue than in the past and I am looking for input to decide if it is worth the trip for me. Keep in mind that I am more interested in the seminars, souvenirs, general winter baseball fix, etc. I really don't get into the autographing part.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hi im skot
01-10-2011, 02:25 PM
I am looking for advice from Palmer House SoxFest veterans:

I haven't been to SoxFest since it was moved to the Palmer House. With single day tickets going on sale Thursday I am considering making the trip from Ohio to take in Saturday's festivities. From other posts, I gather that the Palmer House is a smaller venue than in the past and I am looking for input to decide if it is worth the trip for me. Keep in mind that I am more interested in the seminars, souvenirs, general winter baseball fix, etc. I really don't get into the autographing part.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you don't care about the autographs, you'll have a good time.

ewokpelts
01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
i dont do autographs anymore. and I have a blast.

Soxman24
01-10-2011, 04:22 PM
If you are not staying at the hotel, then I would suggest not wearing so many layers. I made the mistake of doing that last year and was over heated running up and down the stairs.

salty99
01-10-2011, 04:47 PM
If you are not staying at the hotel, then I would suggest not wearing so many layers. I made the mistake of doing that last year and was over heated running up and down the stairs.

Why were you running up and down stairs?

Daver
01-10-2011, 05:07 PM

It's good exercise.

salty99
01-10-2011, 05:23 PM
It's good exercise.

Ahhh, I'll have to try that sometime!

Soxman24
01-10-2011, 06:16 PM

I was attempting to get as many autos as I could so I was constantly going from one floor to another.

34 Inch Stick
01-11-2011, 04:52 PM
My advice would be not to waste your time going. It's a star trek convention for baseball fans.

soxrme
01-13-2011, 05:27 PM
I would stay at home and come to a game in the summer.

DumpJerry
01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
My advice would be not to waste your time going. It's a star trek convention for baseball fans.

I would stay at home and come to a game in the summer.
Killjoys.:rolleyes:

Rikirk
01-15-2011, 07:42 AM
OK,...Whats so bloody wrong with Star trek conventions?
:tongue: