PDA

View Full Version : umpires sunday

soxcatchtwins
07-01-2002, 01:30 PM
We lost sunday i honestly think because of the umpires. THe home plate ump took a good 4 sec. to make every call and his strike zone didnt go above the knees. Mark got screwed several times yesterday. In addition the first base ump acounted for 4 k's himself

HORRIBLE

alohafri
07-01-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by soxcatchtwins
We lost sunday i honestly think because of the umpires. THe home plate ump took a good 4 sec. to make every call and his strike zone didnt go above the knees. Mark got screwed several times yesterday. In addition the first base ump acounted for 4 k's himself

HORRIBLE

I'm not one to blame umpires for our losses. Our guys look like they phoned it in Sunday, but these umpires were the worst. What was with the delay in calling strikes? The scoreboard operator had to change the call more than once and there was one time when he didn't put anything down until after the third pitch! I think the home plate ump and first base ump were audtioning for the next Kevin Costner baseball movie.

kevingrt
07-01-2002, 08:24 PM
I don't blame umps either, but it was pretty funny when I was at the game and you wouldn't get the count till like the 3rd or 4th pitch

MarqSox
07-01-2002, 08:42 PM
Yeah that delay was awful. Several times I applauded for what turned out to be calls that benefitted the Cubs. That was really annoying.