PDA

View Full Version : Option for A's Owner's Box for May 14th Sox game

ode to veeck
01-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I just got this note from the A's group sale office. I'll post this even though I expect we won't have remotely close to enough interest . It was hard enough when we did 18 WSI folks for a regular A's skybox at $75 per pop a couple of years back (but it was certainly a blast). This would be a totally over the top experience if we did it however. It's too bad we didn't have a WSI winner for the megamillions $355M, but $5k for 36 folks would be ~$150 each, kinda difficult to arrange without the lottery help. Post here if you might be interested :

Weíve just been given permission to offer the ownerís suite to the public for a few games. Feel free to pass this on to any friends or colleagues who might have some interest. Itís really a great deal that includes the following:

36 tickets in an Infield Suite above the first base bag
12 parking passes
Extensive high end food package including: appetizers, salads, sandwiches, sausages, prime rib, desserts, soda, beer and wine
36 hats and 36 programs

Total investment is just $5,000

The following games are available for a limited time:

- Saturday May 14th vs. The White Sox (1:05 start)
<...>
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/misc/progress.gif

Nellie_Fox
01-08-2011, 01:06 AM
$5000 for 36 people is only $139 each. For all that you're getting, it's a good deal. The problem is coming up with that many people to split it. If I lived anywhere near Oakland, I'd do it.

ode to veeck
01-08-2011, 02:50 PM
$5000 for 36 people is only $139 each. For all that you're getting, it's a good deal. The problem is coming up with that many people to split it. If I lived anywhere near Oakland, I'd do it.

you're right Nellie, my back of the hand guestimate was slightly off, although some of the folks will have to buy parking on top of the 136---let's see if the new lower price generates any interest.

SOXfnNlansing
01-08-2011, 02:52 PM
If you get close to filling the box, you can count me in for 3 tickets. Airfare is not bad that time of year on SWA.

ode to veeck
01-08-2011, 08:38 PM
If you get close to filling the box, you can count me in for 3 tickets. Airfare is not bad that time of year on SWA.

OK we've got about 6, do I hear 30 more?

JohnTucker0814
01-08-2011, 08:54 PM
I might be interested in coming out if there is the chance we fill the box. I'd guess the most I'd pick up are 2 tickets.

voodoochile
01-08-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm in for one and I'm willing to car pool and free up a pass.

DonnieDarko
01-08-2011, 09:15 PM
How soon would we have to have the money in to you? Would it be possible to work out some kind of payment plan?

stevemcstud
01-08-2011, 10:27 PM
I'll take 2

ode to veeck
01-09-2011, 10:05 AM
How soon would we have to have the money in to you? Would it be possible to work out some kind of payment plan?

Good question as I am not sure on the owner's box which is kind of a special deal. On a regular suite, it would probably be about a month ahead of time, but may need to be earler for the owner suite (which likely gets gets booked/taken earlier if I rememebr correctly).

The other option we might consider since we're starting to see a few positive respondents is booking one of the regular suites (which used to run about $75 per head for the ticket, plus mandatory food & bev package), but are smaller and would require fewer folks to sign up to make it interesting (min around 18-20). If folks, are interested I'll see about dates as pricing for these as well

DonnieDarko
01-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I'd definitely be interested in a suite for only $75 a head--much more doable than $149 or whatever. Me and my fiancee would be more than able to cover that, I bet.

EDIT: ...okay, as long as it's not the 14th of May and I have enough advance notice on the date so I can get off of work, I can do it. Fiancee's mother's birthday is that day.

SOXfnNlansing
01-09-2011, 07:40 PM
I don't need a parking pass either.

DonnieDarko
01-09-2011, 07:51 PM
...wow. I'm an idiot.

I thought we were talking about a game at Sox Park. Now I see that the game is actually in...California. My bad people, I have to pull out of this. Sorry. >_<

01-09-2011, 07:55 PM
I might be interested x2 with my wife. What about kids? Are they free? Allowed?

TDog
01-09-2011, 09:38 PM
If there is enough interest, I could to be in for 2. My girlfriend is interested. We wouldn't need a parking pass.

ode to veeck
01-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I might be interested x2 with my wife. What about kids? Are they free? Allowed?

kids are allowed, though require a ticket if they are 24 months or older

Kroozah
01-17-2011, 12:28 AM
I would be interested in getting 2 tickets

ode to veeck
02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I am still trying to gauge if folks are interested in getting a luxury box for one of the May Sox games in Oakland, most likely Sunday. I think getting 18-20 and a smaller box is more likely than the owners' box which needs 36 to sign up.

FYI single game seats already on sale for A's...and there's always great seats in MVP or better sections available... I just nabbed two Diamond Level seats (equiv to scouts seats at Comiskey) for Saturday's game against the Sox.

I wonder if Fenway is still talking to them about a Red Sox date.

ode to veeck
02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Voodoo or Daver or someone, can we sticky this one for a few days?

downstairs
02-07-2011, 05:36 PM

Indeed. I don't live in Cali, so I can't make it. But I would.

You get a ticket to the game (a very good one), parking, and a ton of good food... and beer and wine! If you just went to the game, paid for parking and all your food and beer- you're going to come close to $100-ish each.

End result is you're paying a few bucks more to be in a suite rather than a normal seat. Pretty cool.