PDA

View Full Version : Mariotti on Konerko

delben91
07-01-2002, 08:49 AM
holy crap, jay seems to be a fan (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay01.html) of PK. This can't be good.

guillen4life13
07-01-2002, 12:18 PM
i didn't like the badmouthing of the hurt

mariotti still tix me off

DVG
07-01-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by delben91
holy crap, jay seems to be a fan (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay01.html) of PK. This can't be good.

I assure you that the first time Konerko tells Mariotti to get lost
poor little Jay will go ballistic and paint Konerko as the worst
human being since, well, Frank Thomas. Then he'll have two
sworn blood oath archenemies to run out of town. He's still
trying his absolute best with Thomas. I don't know, Thomas
must have told him he was a bad writer or something.

Dadawg_77
07-01-2002, 04:25 PM
"He has such great character,'' teammate Royce Clayton said. "He brings a lot of integrity to the game. When he goes 3-for-4, Paul is the kind of guy who goes into the video room to see what happened on the fourth at-bat. He deserves the attention he's finally getting.

What dose Royce have to be under 200 for him to go into video room. Maybe Royce needs to learn a thing or two form Paulie.

Chisox353014
07-01-2002, 04:59 PM
Meh. This is merely another classic case of the Moron jumping on a bandwagon. (Wasn't he peeing in his pants about Mike Cameron earlier this year?) It's also a convenient way for him to slam Big Frank again by playing up the "Konerko's in, Frank's out" angle.

RKMeibalane
07-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Meh. This is merely another classic case of the Moron jumping on a bandwagon. (Wasn't he peeing in his pants about Mike Cameron earlier this year?) It's also a convenient way for him to slam Big Frank again by playing up the "Konerko's in, Frank's out" angle.

That's probably why he did this, to trash Frank one more time. I'm getting tired of everyone ripping on Frank because he's not having a good year. I'm dissapointed too, but I know that he's doing the best he can out there. People keep complaining about him making adjustments and tinkering for each game, but I know that those same people would be upset with him for being stubborn and inflexible if he weren't making small changes in his stance.

34rancher
07-01-2002, 06:57 PM
You notice that Royce is the only guy he quotes? Figures the one guy that we all cannot stand is the one he quotes.

RKMeibalane
07-02-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
You notice that Royce is the only guy he quotes? Figures the one guy that we all cannot stand is the one he quotes.

He may have had no choice in the matter. Everybody else on the team hates him because he's always spewing out garbage how how bad the Sox are. Clayton was probably desperate for some attention.

Moronotti's a loser. I don't why the Sun Times doesn't fire his sorry ass.